It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible alien transmission?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
So, I had a very weird event happen yesterday on my way to work. I was about a quarter mile away from work and had just passed our truck gate. (I work in a warehouse.) I was trying to call my daughter's mother's house to talk to my kid for a few minutes before I got to work.

When I dialed the number it said it was connecting and I put the phone up to my ear. The phone rang for a half of a ring and then stopped. I looked back at my phone and it still said it was connecting. So, I hung up the phone and tried to call her back. Each time I tried it went straight to "call ended." I decided to try to call her mother's cellphone. Figured I'd see if calling a different phone would work, or if I just needed to maybe turn my phone off and turn it back on.

When I called her mother's phone, it said "connecting," so I put the speakerphone on. When I did I heard what sounded like a male voice whispering but I couldn't hear what he said. At first it sounded like the voice said something about "service." I thought maybe it was a recorded message about possible cell phone service disruption. I put the phone up to my ear, but the voice only lasted a second and it went silent. A few seconds later the voice came back on. It was still clearly a male voice, but this time it was a tad bit louder, like normal conversation tone, but it wasn't saying anything intelligible. It didn't sound like any human language. It was a guttural voice and very garbled, like someone speaking gibberish or making sound effects in the back of their throat. This lasted for a few seconds and then cut out again. After a couple seconds it came back on again and sounded the same, a weird, garbled guttural voice. This happened again for a few seconds and then cut out. So, freaked out, I just hung the phone up and remarked, "What the hell was that?!"

I turned my phone off and turned it back on. After doing so, I tried to call my daughter's mother's house phone again and this time it rang normal. No one was home so it went to their voice mail after a few rings.

The whole thing is extremely odd. Now, the skeptic in me wants to say that it was possible line interference from passing the truck gate or from a trucker or truckers possibly at the truck gate or parked close to it. The problem with that is, it still didn't sound like any normal human languages. And it wasn't possibly a few voices overlapping each other because it was only one voice I heard. It wasn't layered or anything like that. It was just one voice, male-sounding, speaking in what sounded like some guttural "alien" language.

Anyone ever experience anything like that?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

AlienBuddha
Now, the skeptic in me wants to say that it was possible line interference from passing the truck gate or from a trucker or truckers possibly at the truck gate or parked close to it.

Listen to your inner skeptic; he is right.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Possibly, LiveForever8. The problem with that is, though, that it didn't sound like anything human. So, that explanation doesn't really hold a lot of weight. And like I said in my OP it wasn't more than one voice. It was only one voice.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienBuddha

I have had DOZENS of conversations that have been completely distorted to the point of being inaudible. The person on the other end often sounds 'robotic' or even 'alien' but to actually believe it was an intercepted alien message is madness.

Let's get real, shall we?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienBuddha

Sounds like cell service from AT&T.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Why is it anything that is for a moment unexplained becomes "possible aliens"?

Substitute "demons" for "aliens" and you see how backwards this thinking is.

Like others said, the likely explanation is interference.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I'm still amazed that anyone pays good money for this level of phone connectivity; I was talking to a friend last night (he on cell, me on VOIP) and the call must have been dropped at least 10 times; this while he was driving through Silicon Valley for cripe's sake.

I miss landlines. They were crystal clear and worked even if the power was out. Go back far enough to 'party lines' and even your neighbor could listen in on your gossip for free!

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Cool story. Possibly a cross connect. I know it's not the same as your experience. I have been talking or initially calling someone only to hear them talk and they sound like their underwater. I have recently had calls say they were connecting only to have dead silence. The phone system is so complicated and run by so many different people. They have systems upon systems and those phone systems can, I'm sure, have mishaps. Maybe it was a certain phone systems audio of sorts... Kinda like the old dial-up modems..

A 'crossed line', (land-line) which in the old analogue days of phones was caused by exactly that - two wires touching. With modern phones it's a little more complicated. But outside of the phone system it's self a ton of electrical wires are used and one could have misfired? Good read, thanks.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Yes I'm with EE. And just the other day I was chatting to a friend and the next thing a strange voice came on and said he was going to come and shove probes up my bottom. All a bit weird, I just know I should have stayed with Vodafone

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This feature comes standard every 10th call when you sign up with Sprint.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Picking up the 1420MHz frequency band and must be connected to the 6EQUJ5 message.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Ectoplasm8
Picking up the 1420MHz frequency band and must be connected to the 6EQUJ5 message.

WOW! I see what you did there!
Well played.

eT-Mobile's friends and family plan works for me

edit on 30-12-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I am being real and if you are going to descend to insults and ridiculing then I simply won't engage you any further.

There was nothing intelligible about this and whatever it was, it wasn't "human language." If it was a voice, it was completely guttural, like if you speak in the back of your throat.

The problem with something like this is people like you refuse to acknowledge that someone may have actually heard something like this. You didn't experience it so you can't tell me what it was and what it wasn't. How do you know? You don't.

I didn't post this to get made fun of or ridiculed. I posted it to share an interesting experience and to see if anyone else has ever heard something like this.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

It could have been interference. I acknowledged that. It'd be nice if you would actually read a post instead of just selectively reading. That being said, the only reason I jumped to "possible alien" is because it was completely unintelligible and there was nothing human sounding about it.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
So, you're having cell issues, you think you hear a message saying something about the cell service, then you get an obviously screwed up call and it's aliens you jump to as the first explanation?

How about, it's some sort of recorded message, only the system's having a brain fart and you're hearing it played through a half-crashed codec?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

AlienBuddha
reply to post by JadeStar

It could have been interference. I acknowledged that. It'd be nice if you would actually read a post instead of just selectively reading. That being said, the only reason I jumped to "possible alien" is because it was completely unintelligible and there was nothing human sounding about it.

May I ask how many expressions of human languages you are familiar with?

You realize some can sound quite different from North American English right?

edit on 30-12-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I've had something similar happen with my PC speakers, twice now. The first time I was picking up random cell phone transmissions because of how the computer's wires were wrapped up. (creating an antennae) Sometimes I could make out the conversation clearly, other times it was garbled and/or sounded foreign. I eventually fixed that by rearranging the wires.

The 2nd time it was my new 5.1 surround system. Specifically, from the 'rear' speakers because they have ~20 feet of wire and most of that was coiled. I didn't pick up anything intelligible with that, just typical background noise. (static and clicking unaffected by the volume control)

Your cell phone might not be able to pick up stray transmissions normally, but a large piece of metal nearby could be acting like a 2nd antennae for your phone. It's essentially the same as scrolling through FM frequencies on your radio manually, except you aren't in control of what frequency you get.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

JadeStar
Why is it anything that is for a moment unexplained becomes "possible aliens"?

Substitute "demons" for "aliens" and you see how backwards this thinking is.

Like others said, the likely explanation is interference.

i go one further and say substitute "kangaroo" for 'alien' and see how absurd this thinking is.
Because there's actually more chance that it was a kangaroo than an alien...

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
How sad there is an explanation other than an alien for this. Seriously. Would love to see a truly unexplained story one day.

I believe you experienced something that made you think of aliens. But why did you think of aliens is the question. I believe this is a part of our ancient knowledge - deep in the recess of our minds (our old brain that also allows for instincts or gut feelings, - something we're not conscious of in modern times but sense. Why do the largest majority fear something that we have no proof even exists? Why do we assume they are bad? Maybe that is also a part of our ancient knowledge (just as we know to fear a mountain lion). So your conclusions to me seem justified.

I had a weird phone call some time back - by someone who was in my contacts but never called (but did call). Answered the phone to this person (was ringing, name popped up), and heard my name said in a strange way (can't remember details of the voice or all of what was said at the moment). The line went dead after about maybe 10 seconds. I waited for him to call me back and he didn't so I went to look under recent calls to call him back and no calls had come in that day. Most recent was the day before. I looked him up in contacts and called to ask if he had just called me. He said he had not. I will never fail to be perplexed by that. If not mistaken the voice was sort of robotic.

We feel what we feel about things. I could care less if anyone believes me or understands how truly confused that can leave you feeling. It would be nice if others could but you can't count on it. Just take the explanations and what your gut told you - and know maybe a little of each is right.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Well, I guess it could be mothmen. Mothmen like to call you on the phone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join