It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights in the Sky -  a UFO above the Bahamas, 1985 Jan 11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Lights in the Sky -  a UFO above the Bahamas
1985 Jan 11
www.motygido.co.uk...

I'm looking into connections of these kinds of cases and some possible prosaic explanations.

I'm asking for any other UFO data base description of this event, perhaps from nearby locations, to compare.

Thanks -- I hope this winds up providing some new insights into where these kinds of stories come from.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Question:
Any indication what the estimates of altitude based were based upon?

Aside:
C'mon Jim, it's a reentry, right? What was it?

edit on 12/29/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by JimOberg

Question:
Any indication what the estimates of altitude based were based upon?

Aside:
C'mon Jim, it's a reentry, right? What was it?

If that fits, all of our preconceptions of what a reentry, or a special SUBSET of reentries, should look like, need modifications. And that might be exciting progress.

I'll let Ted Molczan release his own work, my focus is on what it could mean to the UFO subject.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

JimOberg

If that fits, all of our preconceptions of what a reentry, or a special SUBSET of reentries, should look like, need modifications. And that might be exciting progress.

Don't know about that. Dean's sketch and the fireball description seem sort of re-entryish to me.
We do know that peoples' perceptions don't always match the reality.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Phage
...Dean's sketch and the fireball description seem sort of re-entryish to me.
We do know that peoples' perceptions don't always match the reality.

The mismatches might follow surprisingly predictable patterns with significance to researchers' attempts to 'back out' certain perceptions to determine reliable visual features of the original stimuli. It might not be nearly as random and sloppy as we all thought.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'm Gil from the ufo-talk.com website - I have the contact info from the wife of the witness in my records. I can reach out to her and see if she is willing to contact other witness that saw the objects firsthand, and try to get their story.

She was curious if anyone else had info on this particular sighting. I think she will find this thread very interesting.

Gil

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Gil57
I'm Gil from the ufo-talk.com website - I have the contact info from the wife of the witness in my records. I can reach out to her and see if she is willing to contact other witness that saw the objects firsthand, and try to get their story.

She was curious if anyone else had info on this particular sighting. I think she will find this thread very interesting.

Great to see you. Do you have the link to the Miami newspaper report the next day?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Here's the newspaper link and Ted Molczan's ground track of the Russian rocket body that happened to be burning up overhead.

new topics

top topics

join