It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A unique title for just another random schlub.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Hello anyone who might be reading the introduction forum. If you don't mind, I have a question before I start.

Aside from mods, why would anyone come to this forum to greet internet strangers? I've been a part of several forums, never quite understood it -- maybe it's a generational thing.

Anyways, hello all!

I found ATS 4 years ago, made an account on a whim a while later and never felt compelled to post. I am sure many of you can relate as to why this might be. Since then, it's been quite a journey of realization -- mainly of the fact that I can not PM without a certain amount of posts? Or even start a thread! But seriously, conspiracy, spirituality, acceptance, rejection, acceptance, mysticism, spirituality, conspiracy --- whoooooosh. Too much to tell and too little to tell. Not like it matters, I'm not here to further an identity but rather to develop ideas. I have a tendency to be very straight forward, ask a lot of questions (rhetoric), and edit my posts so it is more under-standeable. Forgive me! Scientific writing is quite different than the humanities, which might be why I am so terrible at both. Not sure what else to say ...

That's why I am going to leave you with a nice little parable. I found this several years ago and it really resonated with me, but I was never able to find it again. This seems to happen quite often actually; anyways, here is my version:

A student had traveled far and wide to seek advice from a Zen master. When he finally found him, he was surprised to see that he did not look particularly wise nor particularly well groomed -- just a simple looking man walking a well trodden path, carrying water for his bath.

"Master? I have come to seek advice. I have pursued enlightenment, but how will I know that I've reached it? What will it be like?"

And the Zen master set his water down. The student was baffled at first, but being a clever and well read man, he thought he understood.

"Ah! Yes, the Buddha spoke of this. Master, what will it be like after I am enlightened?"

The zen master picked his water back up and kept walking.

edit on 27-12-2013 by King3x because: (must be filled out)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by King3x

I always reply to posts using the word schlub.
Welcome.
Now if you will excuse me I have a ferry to pole.

join