It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Fireball Lights Iowa Sky 26th Dec

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Whow guys, you need to see this monster
, almost looked like the Chelyabinsk meteorite earlier this year.

This event has taken place on 26th, yesterday, classified as the fifth most reported meteor sightings by AMS.
I didn't find this video on YT, so link is to Vimeo ----> Vid

And some useful link below with time lapse vid:
Linky

I guess doom's on

Wow! again...
When will I witness something like this, oh sigh

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Very interesting! Please keep us updated on any more sightings or news!!

Thank you for your thread!

s&f

edit on 27-12-2013 by Quyll because: s&f

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Quyll

Sure mate.
I've read somewhere, but can't find the link, that there're couple of booms being reported, which means the meteor penetrated deep through the atmosphere.
Good news is because of snow cover, remnants of it would be easy to find, assuming if survived the entry.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Maybe it's the beginning of something bigger...

Keep your ears and eyes open...

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Man, I'm just over to the East in Illinois, why couldn't that beaut fly by my neck of the woods

Very cool video, gotta love that more people/areas have cameras set up to catch things like this that would typically go unknown...
edit on 27-12-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Why is doom on?

Is this one any different to the thousands seen this year?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

So much for my thread regarding the mysterious disappearance of Santa....mystery solved.
RIP Santa.

edit on 27-12-2013 by Res Ipsa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This thing was pretty bright. I live in the area.
Surprisingly or (unsurprisingly) the news hasn't really talked much about it. Wish I would've had camera but it happened too fast and I was limited in my view of it where I live.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I live 12 hours north of Iowa in canada on the u.s. border and I witnessed a meteor lastnight on my way to the grocery store. It caught my eye while driving as it was a solid white light moving faster than normal. I pulled over almost immediately and watched it for no more than 5 seconds moving east to west, south of me. It lit up extremely bright green and with a flash it was gone from sight. It was far off in the distance as far as I can judge some 15 km away. I felt very fortunate to have witnessed it, and have never seen anything in comparison to this.
An arousing thought for myself was the bright green flash was similar in colour to that of pictures I've seen of comet ison...
I'm also curious if anyone from anywhere in northern Minnesota may have witnessed this as well!?
Thanks for the post!

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I'm in southern Illinois and about 5:40pm cst on the 26th, I was on my way home when I had seen a huge fireball (which I can only assume was a meteor) coming down from east to west. I had contacted both the police and local news. Police were interested saying I was the first call, not sure if anything was done. Local news just asked if anyone had pictures and then radio silence. I had a friend who managed to get a picture though. So here ya go guys.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Eshel

I had a friend who managed to get a picture though. So here ya go guys.

You should have a word with your friend about telling fibs.

Here's the original. From 2009.
fireball.meteorite.free.fr...

edit on 12/28/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well that's awkward... lol

In other news, the end of days, soon to be destroyed by a mass of meteorites and what not from space crew will be here in a bit, planet x has rescheduled for sometime in the next 5 years, so..

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Guys, is this rare event a precursor sign before this? >>>> www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Eshel

I had a friend who managed to get a picture though. So here ya go guys.

You should have a word with your friend about telling fibs.

Here's the original. From 2009.

He's busted....

Any way just a meteor Phage ? Just asking before we all going to scream that the end is upon us..

I mean you're going to tell us right when we really have to scream ..?
edit on 0b04America/ChicagoSat, 28 Dec 2013 06:08:04 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 28 Dec 2013 06:08:04 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Wow... a few words will be spoken. Thank you Phage for bringing this to my attention. I was hoping you would show up in this thread but not for this reason lol

However, this picture is close enough to what I had seen to assume it was the same. Only difference was this pic looked a little washed out compared to what I had seen which seemed more "greenish-blue", but I was blaming that on the camera.

I was just too excited to know someone else had seen it and that I wasn't losing my mind LOL

Finally seen news story that this object(s) have multiple sightings and was "either a meteor or space junk" in a passing comment. Still hard to explain how it just blew my hair back.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Eshel

Have you checked out the AMS page of confirmed and pending reports? There seems to be several pending reports for last night too.

AMS

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Eshel

That image gets trotted out just about every time there is a large fireball sighting. Ain't social media great?
It's a gorgeous picture.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I've heard that we would be exposed to the debris field from the destroyed remnants of ISON starting from 10th January 2014. Is the current increase in sightings of fireballs and meteors related to that? Phage, can I have your opinion?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Menedes567

Is the current increase in sightings of fireballs and meteors related to that?

What increase?

But no. Just no.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Menedes567
I've heard that we would be exposed to the debris field from the destroyed remnants of ISON starting from 10th January 2014. Is the current increase in sightings of fireballs and meteors related to that? Phage, can I have your opinion?

No.

But we are in the midst of a minor meteor shower. The Ursids which last from about Dec 17-Dec 24 give or take a day or two.

top topics

join