It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Christmas Eve ‘boom’ heard and felt around GTA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I have lived in Toronto all my life and never experienced what I have experienced these last few days. I too heard loud booms (2 to be specific), the first one around 11pm on Christmas Eve and the second around the very early morning of Christmas (between 1 am and 2 am). I was staying at my folks place due to the 3 day power outage as the result of the largest ice storm in Toronto's history. Trees were falling like dominoes and ice was sliding off roofs. So when I heard the first "boom" that caused the entire house to shake, my brother (who was also camped out with his family at my folks) and I looked at each other with a "wtf was that?!" expression on our faces. The first thing we did was go out to the back yard where a huge maple tree had lost a limb and crushed the gazebo a few days earlier due to the ice storm and we were expecting to see the rest of tree had come down since the boom was incredibly loud, but there was nothing. Then we walked around the house; still nothing. We concluded that a sheet of ice must of slid off the higher part of the house onto the lower part that caused the sound and house to shake and left it at that.

Then as we were all just settled in for the night after wrapping presents, we heard another super loud boom (I was wearing headphones listening to music and still heard it) and again my brother and I popped out of our rooms with the same curious looks on our faces. I went outside again, but still nothing. Later that morning, my other brother who was not staying with us, arrived with his family for Christmas breakfast and began to tell us about how he heard a loud boom and when asked the time, it was the same time. That was the moment my 'falling ice theory' went out the window.

Then I came on to ATS to discover this thread. Interesting times.
edit on 28-12-2013 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Bummer, and I was in Ottawa the whole time, so I missed it!

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by HardCorps

Just heard what sounded like an explosion about an hour ago.
Im in South Kentucky.
Many on FB heard it also say it rattled windows.
So far no explanation.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

Yep, there has been a bunch reported that have not officially been tracked. Going to be interesting over the next two to three weeks i think.

There have been some objects hit the sun as well the last couple days and a huge blast that luckily was not pointed directly at us but still bombarded us. This too could have played a role. I am surprised there has not been a major quake somewhere today.

When the earth shield takes a big hit and buffers like that it is only common sense that is causing major stress on the plates. Man am I glad that was pointed away, but still the same the shield holding lol.

I vote flying rock lol.

The Bot

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Wondered what that was

Braved it twice, to go out in the 17 below to see what
it was.
I have a habit to look up at the sky as well, seen nothing.
A few smaller 'snaps/booms' followed
Through the process of elimination, my conclusion is
cryoseims

wow, the strange weather mother earth gives us,
never ceases to amaze me.
. . .last week we had a show of spectacular pillar lights

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

I live north of Madison, Wisconsin - it has been wonderfully warm today - in the 40's - but is supposed to be below 0 in the next few days - "frost quake"?

I'm very worried about the new Madrid fault going off - will be following this thread, and will report any strangeness here -

I live west of the strange booms - basement cracking - that happened in Wisconsin last year.

The geology between Canada and all the way down to Texas and Louisiana is quite interesting.... and bears watching. A lot of hard granite, and soft spots of sand or lime.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bluesman1955

Has there been any explanation to the booms you heard yesterday?

As for this event -- I think the title should be edited, a lot of people will think it means the game -- I find it very odd that these conditions are not uncommon but nobody in the area's heard of a "frost quake" before. (I've also noticed that either my alert is broken or there has not been a 6+ earthquake anywhere on the planet in an improbably long time, but I'm sure others have discussed this if so.) I also find the descriptions of an event which seemed to come from the air consistent with no seismic reading and the many reports of strange noises found elsewhere on this site -- that the sound and any accompanying "pressure" seems to come from all around or from above, not from the ground, is a common theme.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

No new news nothing.
No emergency vehicles went out so it wasnt something visible to anyone i suppose.
Nothing on local radio.
I don't have a clue as to what it was.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Chuck Norris round house kicking the ground.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Forgot to mention that the sound was heard within a 20 to 30 mile radius by at least 15 people.
I am not on but near the new madrid fault line.
Makes me curious.
Also unable to determine the epicenter of the noise but it seemed to rattle windows in
unrelated places.
WEIRD !!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Booms have been the discussion around here in Humboldt County for some time and was the subject of another thread. Booms were back again around Christmas with people reporting booms from several locations.

lostcoastoutpost.com...

People suggest 'tannerite' but this has been going on for some time and there has never been mention, much less an explanation, provided by the police or the local paper.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I don't really like the title either...
but the rules for posting a news story here on ATS is I have to use the exact title they used in the news source...

Yeah I clicked on the story because I too thought they were talking about the game GTA...
Anyway... it's been almost a week and I haven't seen any updates or official explanations... Maybe the Big boys will just ignore it and hope we all forget or at least chalk it to a standard WTF

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join