It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 Iranian MPs Sign Bill to Require Gov’t to Enrich Uranium to 60%

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I have to remind myself, it isn't Christmas for everyone in terms of Holidays and a good % of the world goes on today, working as usual and doing things like passing and writing new legislation. Even in Iran.

“If the bill receives the (parliament) approval, the government will be required to complete the nuclear infrastructures in Fordo and Natanz (installations) in case sanctions are intensified (against Iran by the West), new sanctions are imposed, Iran's nuclear rights are violated or the Islamic Republic of Iran’s peaceful nuclear rights are ignored,” member of the parliament’s Energy Commission Seyed Mehdi Moussavinejad told FNA.

Moussavinejad said that based on the plan, in case of increased sanctions against Iran and violation of Iran’s rights to use peaceful nuclear technology, “the government will be necessitated to launch Arak heavy water reactor and also increase the level of uranium enrichment to 60% to provide the fuel needs of Iranian vessels engines”.
Source

well... That doesn't sound particularly good.... Didn't we recently believe a deal had been struck? Hmm... From an article on that issue...

Rouhani said, “Let anyone make his own reading, but this right is clearly stated in the text of the agreement that Iran can continue its enrichment, and I announce to our people that our enrichment activities will continue as before.”

But Kerry said in response on Sunday that the deal does not recognize a “right to enrich.”

“There is no inherent right to enrich,” Kerry said on ABC’s “This Week.” “And everywhere in this particular agreement it states that they could only do that by mutual agreement, and nothing is agreed on until everything is agreed on.”
Source: Washingting Post - Nov 24

That's what I was thinking. A flat statement of intent with immediate move to fulfill a 60% enrichment level pretty well blows the whole concept and spirit, not just text and word of that prior agreement. It seems whatever happened between the "secret talks" to achieve that level, what came during it for changing terms after the fact and the public back and forth since...has Iran ready to just throw their hands up and go their own way, regardless.

I'm not sure how I feel about that now.... We can't say, from what is visible (important caveat) that Iran has been treated in anything approaching good faith. They seem to have been treated like Iraq was. A little slow...a little behind the curve and requiring patience and repeating the big words. (sigh) ... They seem to have taken the treatment about as well as one could expect. Really badly.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Its like there asking for it man! by the by wonder what bill's are being past today in the US.

S+F

Happy Xmas

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I would say that some of the Western press has been verging on hostile against Iran for the past few years. Their reaction, as expected is a defensive one, fully justified imo.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

This is nothing more then a war of liar's while Valerie Jarrett's agenda just keeps moven on.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Seriously... It seems like a lot of you completely fail to understand the purpose of this bill.

Ill bend it in neon for you....

IF the west once again imposes sanctions or limitations on Iran in spite of Iran having signed the treaty we wanted then to sign and there by the west ignores our own principals, Iran will up the ante and enrich more uraniun.

What the bill does NOT say is that Iran will start enriching NOW.

So what is it you guys dont get...

This is like the big kid in school bullying the anti social kid by telling the anti social kid that he should pay money or get beat up. Now... If both agrees on that, and the bully after having been paid up the lunch money still beats up the anti social kid.... could you really blame the anti social kid for taking precausionary meassures to prevent being further abused?

Americans are so #ed up in the head.... Iran is on the opposite side of the Earth and still you fear them.

On the other hand theres every reason to fear Americans since you guys are pissing on every little 3rd world country there is. And since you as citizens accept all the bull# the American government is putting the world through, one can only expect you as citizens to share the view of the American hand of destruction > its imperialistic zionist pet army.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

I certainly appreciate your very strong opinion and position .. I'd also note this isn't even a law yet. Just a bill signed by some Iranian lawmakers. It may or may not make it to the next step in their Legislative process at all. (I'm guessing it will...but they have a process driven system, as we do)

I figured it was worth sharing to show the tone and mindset of the Iranian officials and members of Government in the wake of the 'secret agreements'. This seems to make quite a statement in that regard.

* I'd just noticed the fact this is (If passed and made law) contingent upon sanctions being applied first is covered in the first two sentences I quoted in the OP.

Thanks for reaffirming that point tho!

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
More propaganda and fear mongering.
Were it up to me, I'd gift Iran a dozen nukes just to give them the "Sampson option" as well.
Maybe then the terrorists would stop attacking them.

top topics

join