It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we live in a program/matrix? It`s possible...find out why

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
After a couple of days thinking over this, I decided to share my thought with you. I know there have been plenty similar threads, also the ones backed with sources of scientiests who were looking at the very same theory. Still I wanted to share my own way of looking on the subject.

So, are we living in a some sort of program/matrix? I think, it`s quite possible and even plausible. Let me explain...

First I would like to explain my perception of dimension or realm that we live in. It is a realm of three dimensional space that we see. There may be more dimensions that we don`t see but are still here at the same time. But was not my intent to speak of this subject right now. I just want to describe how I see this world objectively. So, yeah three dimensional space that is infinite and it seems that works with gravity and is constantly moving in cycles. Also it`s constantly changing becuase of time which I don`t see as dimension, but rather a path between dimensions. Because we are right here right now. And the past and the future is another dimension or realm, but works by the same laws. So these are basically different dimensions inside a same dimension/realm family tree.

I hope you are still with me
Now that`s just observation of this dimension/realm family tree. What we can observe, see. But behind the scene there is probably mathematical code. Now we have actually already created a new dimension/realm family tree with cyber space or internet that is totaly different enviroment that goes by different rules from our own realm/dimension. For example, lets take Abovetopsecret website.

INTERNET WEBSITE ENVIRONMENT REALM

In the left picture you see the website which is visual and built the way that makes sense to our mind or perception and is easy to use. However, what you actually see is in reality the right picture which is the code. You can define everything from colors to positioning of different boxes on the website. This programme environment also allows you to make user interactions with programme language. With programme language you write down the laws withing the limitations of programme envionment. Basically what can be done throughout website and what is not possible(limitation within limitation). But only so far as the programme environments allows you. You can`t go beyond that. Anyone who is a software programmer will understand this perfectly. For those who aren`t I will try to explain this with next example. But before go to that example, I also have to explain how we see all this. Now the code that is behind website would be irrelevant if we couldn`t see and interact on a website. Because of this we need web browser that translates the code into visual. It`s quite similar to our eyes which translates the code behind our realm that we see, percieve. So the browser is basically a translator for the realm of internet website to our realm. So for the information to go from the code of the website to our mind, we have two translators. Web browser and our eyes. Or you can imagine it as a extention for our eyes to understand it, like a some sort of sunglases.

COMPUTER GAME REALM

In this example, I`ll try to show you yet another different dimension/realm family tree that is independant of the other two, just like internet website realm is independant from the other two. However, both, this one and internet realm, depend on our realm to function, because we need hardware to even start working on them. So these two realms are connected with our realm. But in the idea they are independent and each realm works on its own. I`m almost certain that there are different ways that lead to the same result, without using current hardware.

Now this realm is a new programme environment with a new programme language set to define the laws within the environment. So let`s take a computer game for example. It`s more complex realm to the internet one, because it is able to re-create three dimensional environment similar to our own, compared to a internet website which is two dimensional. Now on websites you also have 3d games, but that is actually because Java(game) environment and virtual internet website environment found a way to coexist. In other words, the developers found a way that we can both percieve at the same time. It can be called a bridge between the two environments. I`m saying this because you simply cannot define anything with java language inside html environment, because html environment does not allow it. Or the reverse. (_javascript not related here, because it`s different language that operates in html environment and not java environment). I hope I explained that in understandable way. I`m sure there is a better explanation though

Anyway that being explained and giving you slight insight of different realms/dimensions we can now fully focus on a gaming environment. Here things, that you`ve just read above, will soon make sense.

SKYRIM REALM

So let`s take Elder scrolls Skyrim for example. I`m sure most of you have heard about it and maybe even play it. The game operates in yet completely different programme environment and is written with different programme language of what was being said above. It`s still a realm/dimensions of the same gaming realm/dimension family tree, but it`s more sophisticated one. Now we`re getting somewhere

Here I`ll be explaining two different aspects of the game. On the left picture you can see a guy who is playing a game. Being a guy behind the scene, he knows that everything is staged, doesn`t excatly know what will happen, because he didn`t develop it, but knows that every character inside a game is fictional, including his own. If his character dies, he will be reborn. Even if the character wasn`t reborn and it would be game over, the guy still lives. But the game is designed the way that the guy behind the scene somehow defines his personality/himself/soul. Not that he is only able to choose appearance of his own liking, but can also behave inside a game however he likes and it`s still in the limitations of programme language in programme environemnt. So in Skyrim, he can be peaceful and help other people in the game or can steal things from them, keep them waiting forever or kill them all. Just few things that came into my mind. So he still enforces his will without the fear of any consequences.

more to follow in the next post.......

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
On the second picture, I`ll ask you to use a bit of imagination. Now the picture is 1st person, because it`s meant to be for you to imagine being there as you. This may be possible in like 50 to 100 years, where you will put a cyber helmet on along with sense wires on your body and you`ll be inside a game
Also imagine now that once you`ve connected to game, your mind was erased to some point, all the memories gone, but things like language and sense of gravity, air, etc... stays. Now you would be there wondering wtf just happened. Everything would seem normal at first. There would be people you would meet and interact with. Landscape would be normal, dragons and other races would be wtf...but if other people there told you this is sth normal, you would be ok with it right, considering you forgot everything? So yeah normal...you would be able to eat, drink, sleep, walk around, talk to people, engage in a fight, run, jump. Gravity would work as if you would jump from a cliff, you would go down. Speaking of gravity, in this programme environment, gravity is not the limitation. Programme language defined the law of gravity and could change the law anytime it wanted.(just explaining for later) However, soon you would realise that there are too many glitches there for the realm to be real. First, you would became aware that even if you don`t eat, drink or sleep, you won`t die. But why care for that, even I wouldn`t care if not needing any of that, including to take a piss and #
Next thing that you would notice is that people are not getting older and no new born people are there. No ability to procreate?? I mean wtf?? Ok could accept that, but would still wonder how we came to be...But the two most important things that would bother me, are that when I would die, I would be reborn in the excat same shape with same accessories still on me and when I would hit the invisible wall that define this world, just like Jim Carrey did in Truman`s show
I can imagine people discovering this and their immortality would not care less for the wall as long as they can be a boss to someone and cause havoc without fear of dying. As long as they can be god like

Ok, if now hold on those two last things, being reborn over and over again and hitting the invisible wall. Skyrim isn`t sophisticated enough realm/dimension so that the subjects living inside(if having own concuisness, perhaps trapped inside)wouldn`t suspect anything. There would be a rebellion and characters wouldn`t want to play along sooner or later and the guy behind a scene wouldn`t have pleasure would he? But to me that`s kind of irrelevant here. The main question is how to make a dimension/realm that would seem alive, real to the subjects?

UTOPIA(OUR) REALM

Well, creating a programme environment where a programme language is able to define laws so sophisticated that includes the details, such as biological environment with biological unit/character/avatar that grows and dies and in the meantime needs to recharge with water, food, sleep, needs air to breathe, an infinite 3d space including round earth so that the subjects cannot by any chance hit an invisible wall and enable the evolution at the same time, would take a really far advanced technology and understanding. Mentioning evolution is that no matter how much we can explore and discover, we won`t suspect anything as it is built this way that it always stetches/expands just like we believe that our universe does. There are more things of course....like when one dies, cannot return, because he/she could tell the secrets behind it if not memory erased upon dying...but you can get the picture of my intent here

Anyway, I would rather discuss what I started in the beginning. So if this is an extremly sophisticated program environment, written by extremly sophisticated program language with all the details, including time added, we need to look for the code and we have to ask ourselves what are the limitations in this programme environment? Because these are the ONLY limitations. Anything else can be done with programme language. For example, if gravity is environment limitation, then we won`t ever be able to discover anti-gravity. Maybe just find a way around or bypass it(like already did with planes for example that defy gravity) but never truly discover anti-gravity in the raw meaning. But, if its only a language limitation, then we will certainly discover it in the future when we become more fluent in this programme language. My point here is that we need to look for the source code. It would explain a lot and save us a lot of time. And the answer is I believe in binary code, which enabled us to create hardware that creates space for software, with which we were able to create a programme enviroment and programme language to create and re-create realms/dimensions in the first place. We are so close or should I say are so close for some time now, but instead of unlocking our program, we decided to create other ones
Anyway, I might be wrong about this binary code theory, which would disprove this whole theory.

Another thing that bugs me here is concuisness. Now like seen above, some dimensions doesn`t even allow concuisness of self awareness on its own(website for ex.). It has to be controled from external source. Same goes for computer games, but that will change in the future, where you will be actually able to be there. Maybe we will even re-create our own dimension putting us there through wires and memory erased so that our feelings and experience will be true. And there are perhaps already more sophisticated dimensions out there that enable life and concuisness of self awareness of its own and also evolution through time, where you upon your self awareness start from 0 and build on your discoveries and grow, evolve, write your own program with programme language you discover.

So maybe this realm/dimension family tree is created in a way that someone else created programme environment, wrote down the programme language and let us be the developers of our very own unique program inside the realm/dimension of the same realm/dimension family tree, discovering the secrets of this programme language throughout time/evolution and defining our own path. It would explain everything.... I know it sounds crazy, but to me it`s quite plausible. Now I cannot prove it until I find a glitch, if there is one in the first place
or a way to see the source code. But if I had advanced(divine) knowledge and tools, I have an idea how I would develop such realm/dimension along with beings that only apply to this realm/dimension. On the other hand, I`m not so sure how I would develop concuisness of self awareness, but guessing it would be easy with that advanced knowledge and tools.

So here it is, sharing my thought which took me quite a while to put it in words and probably still left something out, but that`s it for today...

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Op3nM1nd3d

You're absolutely right but unfortunately people don't like this idea too much. I've made all these same observations quite a while ago, because I've been into computers and coding from a relatively early age, as well as mathematics and physics.

The Internet and video game analogies are very powerful. It works in the exact same way as our reality - an inherently 'non-existent' code that is read/relayed via light and decoded via our body into a 'meaningful' reality. Colours are simply products of a mathematical function (the frequency of the photons 'vibration' or displacement between two points). The same works for all our physical experience, including the sensation of touch and solidness (atoms are almost completely empty hence we know for a FACT that reality is an ILLUSION).

Thing is, people will turn around and say to you: 'you're just attempting to explain the universe using current concepts'. However, this way of thinking is wrong. Anything we can 'create' in this universe (I.e the Internet, computers and so forth) are ONLY possible because the universe contains those aspects inherently. This is powerful knowledge. We have never truly 'created' anything, just rearranged or manipulated the fundamental principles of our universe to our gain.

Honestly, the path of logic takes you to this conclusion. When you consider the Double Slit experiment as well, and realise that the wave-particle duality is incredibly hard to explain as a 'naturally occurring rule', let alone why reality decides to run off mathematical probability when it can 'get away with it'. Once again though, most people think there is nothing more to the double slit experiment than a 'measurement problem'.

The problem is, all of this would suggest our universe is a created platform, specifically for the interaction between 'awareness' via life' and the 'code' via the universe. The connecting force is 'light', which just like a laser reading a disc, picks up the 'information' from point A and relays it to point B. This would ultimately suggest that consciousness may be non-local, and more importantly - there might be meaning to our actions. This scares 90% of 'modern' people, who are comfortable with their God-less lives and their own moral governing. Even if all the science and logic points towards the universe being an illusion, this is not good enough for people. They want a 'smoking gun' until they even consider changing their thought process.

But I'm an agnostic, so I'm not here to preach about God and spirituality. What I will say is, no matter how much you lie to yourself - the universe is NOT RANDOM. This is the most powerful knowledge readily available to you with no requirements of academia or high intelligence.

It is NOT random. There is order everywhere, with disorder and entropy only realising itself in the 'gaps' so to speak. The only way one can realistically argue the accidental form of the universe as we know it is by assuming an INFINITE amount of universes. And honestly, if you are willing to believe blindly there are an infinite amount of universes spawning out of nowhere, rather than believing our one universe has meaning - well... In that case you have your own agenda to uphold.

I just follow the sense, and the sense does seem to suggest our universe is a non-random (ultimately) collection of code and rules that are experienced meaningful by 'awareness' operating through a 'body'. Effectively, a person using a computer to decode something into a meaningful form (human -> computer -> Internet, 'soul' -> body -> universe).

When we do finally have completely virtual video games (I.e the games code is delivered to and decoded directly by your brains senses (as opposed to: monitor -> eyes or speakers -> ears), we will realise that virtual universes are 'designable' and at that point human logic will suggest we are created.

Why? Because if virtual universes are possible, it means the amount of virtual universes and virtual people will eventually greatly outnumber the 'original' universe (since virtual people will not be limited by 'physical size'). This will cause some interesting debate and philosophising.

The whole "what is real?/if it appears real to me what does it matter" points will be raised as usual and people will turn a blind eye. The fact is however, that if we are a created virtual reality, even if it appears 'real to us', the point is that we have entities existing ABOVE us dimensionally. It would bring a whole new light to issues such as 'interdimensional' entities/UFO abductions/the effects of some 'exotic' substances and so forth.

Of course, it is far easier to look at the universe as an accident, with nothing special about it at all (we understand it all, zzz) and that your actions have no bearing beyond your immediate senses.

Now, ironically, it's time for a good drink! Merry Christmas mate.

edit on 25-12-2013 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I would say the answer is highly probable. I was pondering on this very thought the other day.

Great post and very well thought out.

s+f

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Love it.
Who's in charge then? Do we have our own players?
If so, has my controller been on holiday for a while?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I've always liked this simulation theory. Nick Bostrom from Oxford University proposes a similar convincing argument.

This paper argues that at least one of the following propositions is true: (1) the human species is very likely to go extinct before reaching a “posthuman” stage; (2) any posthuman civilization is extremely unlikely to run a significant number of simulations of their evolutionary history (or variations thereof); (3) we are almost certainly living in a computer simulation. It follows that the belief that there is a significant chance that we will one day become posthumans who run ancestor-simulations is false, unless we are currently living in a simulation. A number of other consequences of this result are also discussed.

www.simulation-argument.com...

Alan watts years ago also talked about such things.

edit on 25-12-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-12-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DazDaKing

Don't understand these things you brought up:
1. Light communication somehow equates to non-local consciousness
2. If the universe is random then there must be infinite amounts of universes

I don't see how you make those "logical" jumps. It seems to me you're more interested in seeing the response in people than in the truth.

I think quantum entanglement is a better argument for some kind of non-local phenomenon. However, the science hasn't shown it has macro-scale effects.

What if this universe was made by a higher being with the utmost intention of it being random, but because the higher being made it, it's not truly random? For example, I can make a game with random environments or textures, but because of limitations in the number of bits and the pseudo nature of the RNG and my own limited experience with what's fashionably acceptable in random content, it's not truly random. However, for my purposes, it's random enough to fit the definition.

And even if no higher being was involved, I don't see why there's a requirement for infinite universes. It seems you're more interested in just restricting the potential than in finding the truth. Do we really know how many universes are needed to produce the variety and consistency in this one? I don't think we do. We're not even certain how life started on Earth, since we're still struggling to find a comprehensive explanation. No matter what we do, it seems there's a requirement for a large number of potential sites for life to start and lots of time for random events to meet and produce life. There's a related topic named Substance Dualism. It states mind and matter are two separate substances. In this angle of thought, life did not emerge from the random collision of particles and is not itself the product of it; life is a passenger and exists separately from our random-ish physical reality.

Aside from those two confusions, I think the chance this is a simulation created by higher beings is not really any better than this being a random universe or anything really. Maybe it's a dream a higher being is having after some mushrooms.

Notice I don't say these things because I want to believe it's a random universe or because I want to believe in the biblical version of God. I say these things base on my own experience and own conceptions of things. If your desire is to get a response out of me then you've already succeeded, so you should retire.
edit on 25-12-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Concerning the simulation argument, I am more interested by the fact that whatever you think that our universe is, you have to come to the conclusion that it must be some sort of a simulation. Even if you believe in an all powerful god, this universe may be just one of the thought processes of that all knowing entity, just a quick simulation that this entity runs.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Thanks to all of you for the replys and thoughts, also forgot to say before, probably drained of thinking over this=) so, Merry Christmas to all of you.

Couldn`t agree more, only thing that we differ is that I actually believe in God
but pericieve him in my own way. Don`t follow any religion and don`t argue with other people who percieve this higher power/entity/energy/he/she/it in their own way. I think of God as this ultimate power/entity/energy that put all this into motion.

So even if our realm wasn`t created by him then maybe it was the one above ours...not excatly something I personally believe though, but it is possible.

So yeah for me God is the source of all sources, the one who started this process if that makes any sense

But like you said, there is meaning to all of this, there are certain rules behind it, definitely.

reply to post by EA006

Maybe we have our own players who knows. It`s possible so like if you die here, you might wake up on a chair or some sort of preservation chamber there
Who is in charge of this realm, I don`t know but do believe like mentioned above that God is indirectly in charge of all the realms, not that he wants to control us, but maybe just wants to see if we are able to find out this ultimate secret, who knows

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

If you figure out any cheat codes PM me.

Second.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
So in this simulated reality are those things you hear about happening to other people, "miracles", basically glitches that just so happen to work in your favor? Or is it already specifically written in the code that something tragic followed quickly by something amazing is going to happen? Or does the set of codes work more like a formula that needs numbers (thoughts, actions?) plugged into it to get a changing yet specified result, which would determine ones life path and basically govern how their run goes?

~beat drop~

Are we all reacting or acting or enacting?
are we all here for adding or subtracting?
It's maddening, It's happening,
we're all in a trash pit while the fat heads get to chattering,
Slithering and splattering, Shiver me an apple tree,
Someone spurred a nuke like bird puke, at the gathering.
Someone wanted it worth proof; whatever matter means,
All I wanted was a shirt or two, to go with phatter jeans.

So merry Cristalmuss, go get carried cus I must,
away up,
not to say what,
Covered a very divine bust.
smother your eyes with fine dust,
Love her like you can't find trust,
and let's get merry and high enough,
I want life like blueberry pie does.

This is for all the cover-one-eye shrug and hover-or-die dug a grave at your sign-up, don't you love your new line up? Now go get your mind some, so we can all climb some

obstacles,
fresh out of popsicles,
So lets blow this stand
and hold hands
in an octagol.

*mic drop*

edit on 25-12-2013 by LizardSlicks because: b0000m clakk, boom clakk!!, b00000m clakk, boom clakk!clakk!clakk!clakk!!!.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Do we live in a program/matrix?

Op3nM1nd3d, you seem to have a good grasp of the matrix idea, programming etc, and, I do love a good matrix speculation thread!

I think every good conversation about the matrix must begin with the etymology of the word 'matrix':

matrix (n.) Look up matrix at Dictionary.com
late 14c., "uterus, womb," from Old French matrice "womb, uterus," from Latin matrix (genitive matricis) "pregnant animal," in Late Latin "womb," also "source, origin," from mater (genitive matris) "mother" (see mother (n.1)). Sense of "place or medium where something is developed" is first recorded 1550s; sense of "embedding or enclosing mass" first recorded 1640s. Logical sense of "array of possible combinations of truth-values" is attested from 1914. As a verb from 1951.

The human race, all of us right now, we are carrying out that function - we are building the physical 'body' (womb) where the A.I. will be conceived, gestate and eventually be born out of. Mankind has always been obsessed over technology and our effort to simulate the universe will inevitably lead to a spontaneous A.I...

Many people have been concerned about Surveillance agencies. Government, private, commercial entities do NOT want our data to track us, they need our data to use in the simulations that they are building right now, in the Utah desert, and all around us everyday... when new fiber optics are delivered to every street, cul-de-sac; when new cell towers are erected, blasting unnatural frequences into the environment 24x7;

It's both good and bad. Humans are hooked on matrix technology. If humanity weren't hooked on it (like a breathe of air) then, well, they would cease to be human, won't they?

Escaping from the matrix (the matrix we are in right now) is quite impossible, but, we can pursue erstwhile techniques of escapism, e.g. watching movies or some people can live in a daydream, like running our own simulations just by thinking about them. Humans do this a lot, it helps to ease the psychological pain and perpetual torment of existence. eXistenZ

However, if one thinks about it long enough, the times we are living in NOW are really no different from 100 years ago... when humans were building telegraph lines (exposed wire, hanging on poles), street car networks through burgeoning cityscapes and long distance trans-continental railways... the world of a century ago was essentially the industrialization of mankind, a defeat for humanity, because the machines of one hundred years ago were responsible for first increasing the world population (through agricultural mechanization) and then secondly, decreasing the human population through the propagation of industrialized, mass scale warfare.

The history books have shown the brutality of the relationship between man and machine.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It's entirely possible that this reality is a simulation. It's also entirely possible that this reality is the dream of a hamster. In the end it's irrelevant and we can speculate until the cows come home. This existence is your own personal journey, make of it what you will.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Interestingly this movie "The Thirteenth Floor - End of the World" has resurfaced in my memory which is rather fitting. It was made in 1999.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I don't know anyone named Morpheus, so I'm probably not the "one" (anagram for "Neo") who is supposed to find a way out of this simulation lol.

I think almost everyone has thought about this at least once. Reality is as real as your sensory input allows it to be, so an artificially constructed reality could always be a possibility.

Thinking about these types of things can be an ideal thought exercise, but spending every waking moment worrying about the simulation hypothesis might take you on a one-way trip to a place called insanity.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
When I was 16 I smoked pot for the first time. I remember sitting around with my friends on their front porch and we talked about "What if we are nothing more then a computer simulation." FF years later, I'm in the army, sitting in an Edmonton movie theatre watching the Matrix. When it ended I sat there for 10 min with an open mouth, just stunned.

IT seems weird, I know.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Dizak

Watch the substance "references" here as youre a newbie. Referring to banned items will get you banned as member and/or thread deleted.

ATS-Private forum, members only posting ability. Rules in the T's & C's for you to read and to follow like the rest of us.

Just a heads up!

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
well, if this all the matrix then i can do whatever i want, when i want over and over again. GREAT. It's groundhog day. he,he,

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

jonnywhite

I don't see how you make those "logical" jumps. It seems to me you're more interested in seeing the response in people than in the truth.

I think quantum entanglement is a better argument for some kind of non-local phenomenon. However, the science hasn't shown it has macro-scale effects.

What if this universe was made by a higher being with the utmost intention of it being random, but because the higher being made it, it's not truly random? For example, I can make a game with random environments or textures, but because of limitations in the number of bits and the pseudo nature of the RNG and my own limited experience with what's fashionably acceptable in random content, it's not truly random. However, for my purposes, it's random enough to fit the definition.

And even if no higher being was involved, I don't see why there's a requirement for infinite universes. It seems you're more interested in just restricting the potential than in finding the truth.
edit on 25-12-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

How did you make the 'logical jump' that I am more interested in provoking response than the truth? Ironically, the truth is what has always mattered to me, and hearing people's responses when the truth is laid out in front of them has, in fact, put me off trying to spark up a response anymore. At least, not intentionally.

In regards to your points;

Both of these 'assumptions' are not present in my original post. Perhaps they can be extrapolated but they are not intended by any means necessary. Regarding point #1, I never said light communication equates to non-local consciousness. The reason you believe I said this is because of the way the text flows in that specific paragraph of mine, but the non-local consciousness comment is meant to be deduced from the WHOLE jigsaw puzzle, not just the fact light relays information lol. Like you said, quantum entanglement itself is an example, but I was referring more to the whole shabang i.e quantum physics as a field, classical physics, mathematics and electronics, logical and philosophical deductions, thought experiments/realistic analogies and so forth.

Light communication simply fits the [information state #1 (in separate existence)]-> relay -> [meaningful information experienced by awareness] analogy. This has been now almost conclusively and scientifically 'proven' (the recent study/calculations regarding the universe being a 3D projection of a 2D informational plane). And I guess that analogy then re-affirms a separation between the 'reality' and the 'awareness', or non-local consciousness so to say - but this was not my point. There are a multitude of specific and non-specific arguments for non-local (as well as local of course) consciousness, as I'm sure you are aware.

Regarding point #2, this is also not present in my post and a misunderstanding on your behalf. On the contrary, if our universe was truly random, then there would be NO NEED for infinite universes, because it would logically be consistent with a freak, one-off accident of spontaneous creation. But, the fact is our universe shows very strong signs of order and non-randomness (fundamental forces, mathematical laws, wave-particle duality, life - DNA, chemical reactions that lead to practical outcomes, so forth so forth so forth) and furthermore, it has been shown that changing the universe's fundamental forces by any small amount completely disables our universe's ability to exist.

This isn't my own crackpot theory, the 'mainstream scientists' realized as well as I do that this suggests our universe is 'fine-tuned' and hence designed or inherent of some sort of meaning (or a complete miracle after miracle after miracle e.t.c). Even the most atheist scientists will admit to you that you CANNOT keep stacking mathematical impossibility upon mathematical impossibility while trying to maintain scientific honesty at the same time. The realization of the mainstream scientists was that, the only way to explain our universe as it is - WITHOUT THE NEED OF A GOD, is to assume there are an INFINITE amount of universes. Therefore, one of the universes MUST BE as perfect as ours, because every possible configuration of universe exists! This is a neat little way of wrapping up a huge problem, but it leaves the MASSIVE ELEPHANT in the room of 'where the # and how the # are an infinite amount of universes spawning?'. We went from 'scientifically' claiming our universe is a one-off miracle to now 'scientifically' claiming there being an infinite amount of them.

This was my point. The universe is NOT random (at least not in it's overall 'design' or operation) and hence to explain it without the need of a creator requires the theory of an infinite (or at least LARGE) amount of parallel or co-existent universes. Of course, one can still assume that it is simply a massive coincidence if it makes one happy - but I think when even mainstream scientists are moving away from the 'lucky chances/lucky 7's' explanation of the universe, it may be a hint.

Science has hit a point, ironically, where the answer it is preferring has as little (or arguably LESS depending on what you consider legitimate) evidence than the greatest enemy of science - a creator. This was simply the commentary I was making. However, like I said I am an agnostic and not here to preach - it is simply an interesting observation I have made as an avid follower of scientific theories from a young age. Also, when I say the universe is not truly 'random', I am referring to it's contents and not the birth of it.

In regards to your last paragraph I also base my ideas completely on logic, along with what I observe and what I experience, with no hidden agenda to uphold. I spent 90% of my life as an atheist, so believe me, I am not inclined to fall for a theory that incorporates a creator but at the same time I am now open to the idea of a creator/creators, and hence do not automatically dispose of any such theories either.

edit on 25-12-2013 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)[/editb

extra DIV

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

If you figure out any cheat codes PM me.

You`ll be the first to know

reply to post by Realtruth

So in this simulated reality are those things you hear about happening to other people, "miracles", basically glitches that just so happen to work in your favor? Or is it already specifically written in the code that something tragic followed quickly by something amazing is going to happen? Or does the set of codes work more like a formula that needs numbers (thoughts, actions?) plugged into it to get a changing yet specified result, which would determine ones life path and basically govern how their run goes?

You can think of it as everything is predetermined and you are just riding along like in 3d cinema when watching adventure movie where you just travel along and cannot decide which path you will take on crossroads
Think of de-javu. If you would choose to take a different path half an hour ago when you had to choose whether stay at home or go to a pub where de-javu happened(just example), so why did you choose to go to a pub? you may think you are acting or reacting but in reality you are just going along

There is of course another explanation among many others. You have free will to do anything that is inside a programme language of programme environemnt. Just like in skyrim. If you know programme language you can also change some game laws=) So there are both actions and reactions that gives changing, yet specified result, which can go either way, but still only so far as the program enviroment allows it.

PS: you remind me of my friend...half serious, half on mic

reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Many people have been concerned about Surveillance agencies. Government, private, commercial entities do NOT want our data to track us, they need our data to use in the simulations that they are building right now, in the Utah desert, and all around us everyday

Would not be surprised at all if it turned out to be true

reply to post by Egyptia

Thanks for the movie, going to watch it tonight.

reply to post by Nacirema

Agree, thinking...good, worrying...not so much...as you said, you can open a wormhole that leads you that place

reply to post by KBadger, post by cloaked4u

It's entirely possible that this reality is a simulation. It's also entirely possible that this reality is the dream of a hamster. In the end it's irrelevant and we can speculate until the cows come home. This existence is your own personal journey, make of it what you will.

well, if this all the matrix then i can do whatever i want, when i want over and over again. GREAT. It's groundhog day. he,he,

You can think of it like on a personal journey or to do whatever you want. It defines you, just like in Skyrim, where you have to ask yourself. Are you there to kill Alduin(finall boss) or to cause havoc on villagers over and over again

reply to post by Dizak

I too was thinking maybe if I eat some shrooms, then I`ll see the source code

But guessing I won`t, so it`s not really worth it.

new topics

top topics

join