It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merry Christmas to the god squad!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
To all those who don't share my views... :-)

I know you think us a bunch of heathonistic morons. I know you think us a bunch of amoral losers. I know you think that we are here just to test your faith. I know you think we have lost the path to righteousness!

But I also know that this is an important part of your year. So to those of you that don't hold my views, a Very Merry Christmas!

Peace

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MarsIsRed

Actually I think you are probably fairly normal.
Though most non believers dont act the way you are at the moment, not such a superiority complex I guess.

Having said that I do apologise on behalf of Christianity for the way many of us act, they depress me as well

You have a good Christmas, you enjoy your family and friends, or at least be patient with them

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

What you don't know is that this time of year is just as important to you.

Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

ausername

What you don't know is that this time of year is just as important to you.

Merry Christmas.

No - it's really not! I could argue about the original meaning of solstices, but I won't. These few days are Christian days, and although I disagree with it, I respect it.

Merry Christmas to you too!
edit on 24-12-2013 by MarsIsRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

borntowatch
Actually I think you are probably fairly normal.

Not really - but having a couple of chill pills isn't such a bad idea!!!!!! Merry Xmas
edit on 24-12-2013 by MarsIsRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
OP. Do not really know if this is supposed to be aimed at me or at others. Confused. In any case.

Happy Christmas/Holidays and I hope you have a nice day as I hope everyone has.

And I am even throwing in a Namaste here at the end for those who like and know the meaning of that word.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

I don't believe in a God. Therefore this is a-religious - I was simply wishing you a happy and merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Merry Christmas. Not an atheist here, but not a Christian either. It's very hard to find people on this board and generally anywhere that believe in god but not in Christianity? Either way, I have told my sons, this holiday season, that this is Christmas and the holiday as we know it, originated as celebrating Jesus's birthday and that there is nothing wrong with doing that. Cheers!

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

MarsIsRed

I know you think us a bunch of heathonistic morons. I know you think us a bunch of amoral losers. I know you think that we are here just to test your faith. I know you think we have lost the path to righteousness!

I don't think any of those things.

Merry Christmas to you

Maybe as a New Years resolution you could be less judgmental concerning views and beliefs you don't understand. Your idea of what a Christian is is cartoon-y, at best.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

But I also know that this is an important part of your year.

LOL...maybe for you it is, I don't celebrate Pagan holidays.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I think this is a nice gesture.

I most likely do share your views, but I, too, hope that those religiously inclined to ponder Jesus' birth have a blessed season.

Did you read about how UPS got so backlogged that lots of people didn't receive their packages (esp from amazon)?.....
"First World Problem"?? Indeed.

Peace on Earth.

edit on 12/25/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Thank you MarslsRed for the Merry Christmas greeting.

I am a Christian but I respect you and fully believe it is your choice to believe in God or not.

I have friends that are not Christian and I love them too.
The difference is I keep them in my prayers as it can't do any harm.

Religious freedom is very important to me.

I hope the holidays bring you happiness in whatever or where you choose to be today.

Your name is now in my prayer book and I will pray every day for you to be happy and healthy.

Love and Peace to you.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Thank you.

I'd like you to know I, and am assuming many other Christians, do not paint with such wide strokes as to believe that those descriptors apply to all non Christians. The best description of the ideal mindset of a Christian is imho spoken be Jesus in Matthew 7:3-5

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."

I personally do not feel superior in my beliefs, I am humbled by them.

Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to
all people.
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:10-11

If you'd like to read something on the lighter side of Christmas, check out this very funny essay by David Sedaris.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

In the Spirit of Jerry Maguire..

You had me at 'Moron'

Wipes a tear

Merry Christmas to you too

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Speaking as a Christian, I'll say thanks for the greeting. I personally don't care much for, or put much stock in Christmas, but I appreciate the intent behind the post.

Enjoy your day off!

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Only to the god squad?

What about the rest of us?

Merry Christmas, everybody.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Nevermind

edit on 26-12-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

MarsIsRed

But I also know that this is an important part of your year. So to those of you that don't hold my views, a Very Merry Christmas!

Peace

As a matter of fact I don't think any of those things so please stop putting words in my mouth.

Happy New Year

new topics

top topics

join