It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A-432Hz sound pitch player

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

The entire scale is off. 432 hz is more in line with the Solfeggio Frequencies...

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Maybe I don't understand what you are implying here but here is my 2 cents.

Audio Circuits are tuned for a zero DB level at @660,@1047 & @2700 Hz.

This is to ensure the transmission received is flat so to say across the audio spectrum when compared to the original transmission.

Is this what you are talking about?

- Watcher

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by n120by60w

It's probably a pitch bender that, given the original piece is A440, will bend it down to 432.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I found you some references..

www.collective-evolution.com...

www.528records.com...

www.briantcollins.com...

omega432.com...

I copy paste a paragraph from one of the links I give above...

" THE ALCHEMY OF SATURN AND 432 ALIGNMENT

A measured phenomenon of effect that may support the idea of using A=432hz and 256Hz as a scientific concert pitch is also based on the amount of partials of A=432Hz from a musical scale that seem to correlate to organic systems and the measurement of planetary movement, the Sun and Saturn for example. Saturn is one of the solar systems accurate time pieces and it orbits the procession ever 864 of its years (432 x 2).
Fulcanelli, the mysterious french master alchemist who wrote ‘Le Mystère des Cathédrales’ had this to say about Saturn when he deciphered the planetary cyclic cross at Hendaye: “…Saturn, because it is at the greatest distance from the sun of all the visible planets, has the longest “year,” taking a little less than 30 years to complete one circuit of the zodiac. This makes it the best precessional timekeeper of all the planets.
Saturn completes one precessional Great Year of 25,920 years every 864 of its “years,” a half cycle every 432 of its “years,” a quarter cycle every 216 of its “years,” and an eighth of a cycle every 108 of its “years.” This equals (108 x 30) 3240 years, or 45 degrees of precessional arc. We can continue counting in Saturn years down to 9, one 96th of the precessional year, or 3.75 degrees of arc and 270 earth years, which brings us to the alignment period of the galactic meridian and the zenith/nadir axis.
If we note when Saturn fell on a significant marker, such as the galactic center or antipode, then we can simply count Saturn cycles to mark the span of the Great Precessional Year. In this way, we could determine that if Saturn fell on the galactic antipode and made a station (since the earth is moving faster than Saturn, it appears as if it is overtaken, making it appear to stand still in the sky to mark the moment), then 432 Saturn cycles ago it was making a station at the same location, and would be doing so again at the completion of 864 Saturn cycles.” -Fulcanelli -open internet source. "

edit on 24-12-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Ploutonas
I found you some references..

...the Sun and Saturn for example. Saturn is one of the solar systems accurate time pieces and it orbits the procession ever 864 of its years (432 x 2)

And, of course, this hasn't got anything to do with sound or 432 Hz.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Interesting article on Cymatics for anybody who is truly interested.

Cymatics - Altering.Perspectives

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ploutonas

Thank you for the links, I found the Article by Dr. Horowitz fasinating. I didn't know anything of this history. The U tube video, the differences between the clips I'd put down to distortion more then anything and attributable to digital recording.

I do follow the reasoning in the article and agree with it. The origins and deliberate intent of changing the tuning is a bit harder to swallow (blaming the Nazis is such a cliche) and it brings me to the question of why they would adopt this particular and harmful tuning for their own people. For 'others' I can understand - but the Nazi state wouldn't want their ubermenchen to be subjected to it.

Thank you for bring this up, supporting it and providing much material to go through.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Ploutonos does provide backup in the paper he listed by Leonard Horowitz and Dr. Horowitz provides additional sources and references.

Just read beyond the Nazi/Rockerfeller stuff to the more technical aspects.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

That is the Audible sound sprectum. We are discussing the tuning (the specific frequency of a specific note as the basis of a musical scale). They are to different but intertwined items.

In order to play together, musicians have to have a standard tuning. For example, before an orchestra performance you will hear the oboeist play a single note (they practise this a lot using tuning forks and generals provide a reference pitch or tone of A = 442) and all the other players will tune their instrument's A to that specific pitch). This is analog music - and analog recordings reproduce this tuning accurately (as long as the equipment is running to speed.) It's more complecated but that's the gist. Now digital recordings can manipulate this original tuning up or down but it distorts the performance to the degree the tuning is altered from the orginial performance tuning.

This is why audiophiles prefer analog recordings. There are more reasons of course ... but that's another thread.

Now your computer, radio, ipod, whatever can reproduce any sound in the audible (and some unaudible) spectrum. Some devices can manipulate the tuning of a recording more as well. Again... another thread.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nothingwrong

Can you provide sources? I'm facsinated by this subject beyond a document at a LaRouche website, just a prejudcise of mine. And yes I did read the article you posted but it had no references.

My experience is that Jazz players play flater not sharper because of the winds and I'd like to review the research. As a wind player of many years, it's much easier to go flat then stay 'up' with the strings (including piano, bass, guitar).

edit on 25-12-2013 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

damwel
Apparently the op doesn't realize that A regardless if it's 432Hz or 440Hz is just one note not an entire work of music. As someone else said, if the earth was resonating 432Hz we would hear a constant tone all the time.

Now you bring up the Shuman Resonance ... again a separate thread.

To get you started....

At the time when Schumann published his research results in the journal `Technische Physik’, Dr Ankermueller, a physician, immediately made the connection between the Schumann resonance and the alpha rhythm of brainwaves. He found the thought of the earth having the same natural resonance as the brain very exciting and contacted Professor Schumann, who in turn asked a doctorate candidate to look into this phenomenon. This candidate was Herbert König who became Schumann’s successor at Munich University. König demonstrated a correlation between Schumann Resonances and brain rhythms. He compared human EEG recordings with natural electromagnetic fields of the environment (1979) and found that the main frequency produced by Schumann oscillations is very close to the frequency of alpha rhythms.

Dr König carried out further measurements of Schumann resonance and eventually arrived at a frequency of exactly 7.83 Hz, which is even more interesting, as this frequency is one which applies to mammals. For instance, septal driving of the hippocampal rhythm in rats has been found to have a minimum threshold at 7.7 Hz (Gray, 1982).

This relationship has been explored by a number of investigators. For further information see Natural electromagnetic fields research on the h.e.s.e. project website.

www.wakingtimes.com...

... boy does Radio Frequency Smog interfere....

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

n120by60w
Maybe I don't understand what you are implying here but here is my 2 cents.

Audio Circuits are tuned for a zero DB level at @660,@1047 & @2700 Hz.

This is to ensure the transmission received is flat so to say across the audio spectrum when compared to the original transmission.

Is this what you are talking about?

- Watcher

I think it could be part of the problem of 'digital musice' even recorded music but not the specific subject of the thread. IMO

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I find this subject very interesting as well. If anyone has early records of any music before the 40's, it will be tuned to 432. Even before the technology to record music to a medium, it was played at A-432. Mozart, Beethoven, you name it. After the world wide shift to a-440, you could not (and still can't) do a show or make a recording at a major venue or record label at a-432. Sure there are some new age artists that release music tuned to 432 but no one in the mainstream.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Gumshoe

I think Tool may play at 432... Something about their notes just can touch my entire soul.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Ploutonas

VERY interesting. I have a CD player that I can change the pitch (key) of the music in. I bought it for music that isn't standard-tuned to 440, so I don't have to retune my guitars to play with a CD. I don't play much anymore and never use it, but...

I'd have to say music that you heard for years on end tuned up might sound a little odd if you have a good ear (pitch).

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

FyreByrd

Now you bring up the Shuman Resonance ... again a separate thread.

To get you started....

Schumann's resonance is the sphere-in-sphere waveguide resonance of the Earth-Ionosphere waveguide. It's a resonance for low frequency radio waves, not sound. Sound and radio are totally different. And the Schumann resonance isn't anywhere near 440Hz anyway.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

you are exactly right...and even thought that is concert pitch..so many instruments actually play in a different pitch...like the clarinet I think is B flat...so when you play a C on the clarinet itll sound like a B flat. The clarinet would not be a concert pitch instrument but like the piano, guitar, strings are....the french horn is like F I hated writing for the french horn just cause of that alone!

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I am a longtime reader of ATS and this post I would like to opine on. There is a lot of interesting information on this thread, which I will read more about, so thanks to all for sharing your knowledge. I have been a professional musician for over thirty five years as a trombone player who has basically made a living playing a tuning slide! If you want to get hired, you better be able to play in tune with the chord of the moment regardless of standard. With regards to a=440hz, pitch in this country was standardized in 1934 by the AFM (American Federation of Musicians) and the Conn band instrument company created a strobe for tuning instruments called the stroboconn. Strobes are still used to day as it allows you to see not only specific notes but also octaves and harmonics (see Peterson strobes). Prior to 1934, there was no standard and there were trombones that were sold with two tuning slides, (high and low pitch). Some instruments were just labeled HP or LP. I actually had a Boosey and co. euphonium that could be tuned between a and c from the late 1800's. So a standard was created at a=440, still where it is in America today. In Europe the tuning was higher, the Brits tuning as high as a=452. I work for one of the worlds leading European instrument manufacturers and because Europe tunes to a442, we have problems here but usually they are just with the tuba! Furthermore, these same instruments are used in China and India where we know the native scale is different and their music can be dissonant to our ears. I will spend more time looking at the 432 aspect which I think is scientific and interesting, thanks!

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

timbone
There is a lot of interesting information on this thread

You can say that again. One thing I haven't seen brought up here yet is the fact that the pitch of an instrument changes with the temperature. Some people think that altitude has an influence, but it doesn't. But that being the case, instruments played outside where it's 40 degrees are going to have to be tuned a little differently from those same instruments being played at 70. People knew this long before 1939 so I really don't know how much of an influence that a standard can have.

People can blame 440 on the changes in behavior of people, but those changes can only occur if those people listen to ONLY that which has been tuned to 440. A narrow scope like that will give people problems anyway regardless of the pitch. I've been a music lover for as long as I can remember but I don't know as much of the technicalities of it all that some people do. I do know this though, music that is not mainstream appeals to me more than it used to, and I myself am not as mainstream as I used to be. Coincidence? I really don't know. But listen to The Grateful Dead. About as non-mainstream as you can get, but back when they were really big within their own, about all they did were concerts. That's where they focused their attention and to this day, no one has sold as many tickets as The Dead. Remember the part of how temperature affects pitch? There was a reason why certain people followed them all over. Their music was like a drug to them because it wasn't on the same level as conventional music. Literally.

But they were a peaceful people by and large, and the music has stood the test of time. There are other artists of course who have been around for decades, but of those the majority have matured personally and their music followed. Also, they're probably on the same pitch as they've always been. So of all this talk of there being a conspiracy to negatively influence people through the standardization of how music is sent, it's only working on the people who listen to bad music, and that's just not my opinion. All a person has to do is go back 60 years and see for themselves that the popular music still being played today that was made from the 50's on, is all positive in nature. ( I won't even start on Beethoven or other classical) The music that comes and goes? Bad in nature. The pitch doesn't matter. The message does.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Thats why everybody says : get out, get some fresh air... " to fill up your batteries"... The sounds of air, sea, animals, trees, everything in nature, is 432 sounds.

Internet connection, video games that I play also, "terrorism", etc, keeps us inside and by at least 90% - 99%, we live with 440Hz sounds.

Have you ever considered that?
edit on 26-12-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join