It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Tsunami Viewed From Car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Evening ATS. This is a video that I thought you'd like to see. Its a POV from a vehicle, in traffic during the tsunami. Water starts to rush in at an unbelievable rate. Cars, trucks, debris, everything is tossed around like toys. I really put myself in their position while viewing. I would of been freaked, to say the least. Especially, if my sons were with me.

The dude narrating, I don't understand. So, I don't have a clue as to what he is saying. Although, just imagine if you were caught in this catastrophe. Panic, unbelief, frozen fear, white knuckles.
If anyone can understand this fella, please feel free to elaborate.

Whats your thoughts ATS? Would you stay in the car, Jump out? There's a SUV in the beginning, trying to cut between said car and a truck.... Until, he notices the onslaught of water approaching. He changes his mind quickly.

MODS: If posted, you know what to do.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by C21H30O2I

I've watched so many of these Japan Tsunami videos, and I watched this one a few times before, too. The thing that was so different about this one is the first-person view. It's freakin' terrifying.
It's one thing to watch the vids where the sea comes over the breakwaters and levels a town, while the person shooting the video is safe on a hill, pedway, high rooftop or other elevated place. It's another thing altogether to be driving in your car and see a wall of water heading your way.
I don't think there really is time to react. One of the times I watched this video (actually it was a longer version), I noticed people on top of the building to the left of the driver (before the wave carried the car away) and I wondered if there would have been time to abandon the car and hustle to get into the building to get to the top. Of course, you can come up with all kinds of ideas while watching it on a video...not so much when it's actually happening to you.
I figure that by the time you see the water flooding along the cross street, it's too late to guarantee any sort of safety, you might as well stay in the car and hope for the best. And he might have had time to process this single thought. Who knows. The only thing we can be sure of is that he is incredibly lucky to be alive. It's likely most of the other motorists at that traffic stop didn't survive.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jodash

I didn't think many would survive. Seeing how violent it was getting towards the end of the video. I do agree with you though about watching the video and saying I would do this and that to escape the water. Kinda like being a arm chair quarter back. Although, actually experiencing that terror would be a very different thing.

I felt bad for them. As I said I was trying to live in their shoes, for the moment. Were they on their way home, running errands? Family, friends, waiting for them. A sad day. thanks for your thoughts.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

If you get out of your vehicle, you're done for. It would be an absolutely hopeless feeling because you know the minute you get in the water, you would be shredded and staying in the car would seal your fate.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Tsunami videos terrify me but I've watched every single one I can find. I hadn't seen this one, so thanks for posting it! Nature is scary as hell.

I just feel for all the people that were victims of tsunamis. I can't imagine the horror of being in something like that.
edit on 12/23/2013 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I hear ya, I have a fear of drowning. I know it's all panic, until you take that first breath... but no thanks. I kept thinking about, If you get out and that big truck or another vehicle traps you and water starts to flow in OMG forget it!

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

It is horrible. I feel so bad for all the people there.. And with the ongoing dilemma. I just hope things start to improve.... ?

top topics

join