It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inspirations, Hopes, and Dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Hey All,

For those that haven't encountered me before in the art or writing forum I'm Brotherman and I am a chronic artist/ recovering writer in a multitude of styles and mediums and since I am going to be alone for the holidays and been laid off I wanted to talk about the things that Inspire me, the things I hope to achieve, and dreams I have for next year, and I want to hear about yours, artists, writers, mechanics, underwater BB Stackers, it doesn't matter.

Inspiration: As an artist I am generally inspired by so many things portrayed in life especially random people/ Biology, the homeless, architecture and technology. These are usually the physical forms in which I base alot of my work off of and derive personal meaning from. Artists that inspire me Jenny Saville, Menton Mathews 3, Peter Paul, Bernini, Da Vinci, Michaelangelo, and Chuck Close. Places that inspire me Bonavenature Cemetary, The outdoors anywhere, Iraq, Paris France, My houses attic and Grandpas Barn, and ATS. Metal foundries, welding shops and garages also give me lots of creative food for thought and definatley shows in some of my industrial oil paintings and steam punk style works I have done including a pipe welding side scrolling game I was working on for awhile.

Hopes: I hope this up and coming year I can learn to be a happier person and become more stable in life. It is rough in the work force where I live and would like to see wars, economics, and people in general become more stable the environment around me often depresses me and hope to see that change. I hope to also be able to start working full time welding soon but also be able to work full time as an artist in a newer media then what I am used to.

Dreams: I want to see myself in the future welding less and creating art more, along with a new Wacom Cintiq 24HD art mother effin power plant, not be poor to where I worry about when I can actually save money and not be negative doing the pay check to pay check. Become a better painter. See the world change and fall in love again, another renaissance, see people work together to accomplish greater things in science, environmental management *cough-Fukashima*, and involved and consorted efforts to repair ties in countries across the globe.

I am inspired by believing I have an ability to generate things that make people happy, I hope to do this, I dream to find strength to try harder!

I hope everyone on ATS regardless of whatever has a great season and the new year brings to all of us good times. Thanks for reading and can't wait to hear what all of you are inspired by Dream and hope for!

Brotherman

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Thanks Brotherman. I'm also a writer and working on the 3rd draft of a feature length screen play. I am also a SAG/AFTRA actor and would like to produce and direct this movie myself; but to make a film worthy of distribution and marketing I need money. Film making is very risky and acquiring venture capital by ordinary methods is next to impossible. Of course myself and crew will explore all the crowd funding platforms like Kickstarter, indygogo and begging money from our family and friends.

In our favor we have two A listers who have graciously offered to play feature roles and this will make getting money much easier;but this film will require many locations thruout the southwest and to feed and house a full cast and crew is very expensive; not to mention the payroll and rental of equipment. It's an ambitious film and by far the largest project I've ever undertaken. With luck and a 1.5mil by Christmas next year; I could be at Sundance or Cannes.

Dream Big!!!

Good luck Brotherman!!

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Hey that is pretty rad, it isnt impossible some of my favorite movies started out with less than that but I do understand how things are always costing more. The Quick and The Undead is a great example along side non other then the Phantasm series and what the AngryVideoGameNerd and his program did to get them a feature length movie as well as Johnny and Rob Man from Happy Console Gamer Youtube channels. They did a lot of creative stuff to get the funding but they did it so it is certainly not impossible. Do you have any story boards drawn up =D I had to ask if you did could you post a random one I'd love to see! In another thread I posted a day or so ago I put a section up from a graphic novel I am trying to undertake if you wanted to check that out along with one piece of concept art. I hope the best for ya cause like I said lots of other people are doing what your trying to do and getting what they need so it shouldnt be impossible for you to do. Much respect and keep it up!!!

Have you ever seen Escape From Tomorrow or at least trailers for it?
edit on 23-12-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Universal color blindness..for all people. Maybe then the "hate" will subside.
edit on 23-12-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

I hope not I grow weary of painting in black and white, and shades of gray.

black and white

the world in color
edit on 23-12-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I think you know what I meant. Making light of it serves no purpose. To be more specific Universal color Blindness of skin color for all peoples.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

I know what you meant, I did however ask a fairly literal assortment of questions in the OP. Whether I get Snfs or not doesn't matter but I will not pander to provoke the same racist BS I see elsewhere. How about what inspires you, what do you hope for, what kind of dreams for the new year do you have?

Are you saying racial equality? Thats BullShizz giving people color blindness and all, people are people that means all people are also equal!

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I meant racial equality. And it's not Bullshizz as you call. It was just a way of putting it without saying racial equality. I would like to see the poor people of this country get a little more . Would like to see some job programs for the poor and the homeless. I would like to build my business up a little more than at present. I would like to win the lotto and retire to the mountains of N.C. for a permanet vacation. I would like to see my middle step -son take the same strides as his brothers with his drug addiction..as in re-hab and staying clean & sober. But instead of wanting it, i will as always treat each man & woman I meet the same, regardless of race, creed, ethnic background. Treat them the way I want to be treated. And I would like for the Carolina Hurricanes to win three games in a damn row..just once this season. Peace & have a great holiday. OYM1262

new topics

top topics

join