It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

clean up time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
you know it kinda angers me that people tell me "where is your god now. all these people are dying and sick all these mad political issues, the terrorist movment, all the conspiracies in man and religion,"
if u take a step back and just look at us with our own children as we are children from god and see how we treat them . eg... when my son scribbles on the wall with crayon what do i do. i tell him what he did wrong, what to do that is right and obviously get him to clean it up.
now put ur self in gods shoes from a parental stand. he darn well made it clear what is right and wrong and i dont know many ppl that can disagree with the basic fundamental morals set in the bible. so what im getting at is were the ones here scribbling on the walls and simply refusing to clean it but its our mess to clean not his. he told us what were doing wrong and how to fix it hell he even gave us the scrub pad and soap to clean it.
so whos ready to start scrubbing because our walls are plastered with crap.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Observation. I will take the challenge. What do you propose we do? How do we start the "clean up"? Is it just the way we respond to other people? Following the Ten Commandments? What is your clean up process?

I too feel that we as a society have made our own beds. And I am willing to try and reverse the damage I have done. Am I going to preach religion to others who don't want to hear it? No. They have thier own paths to follow.

But if what your suggesting is that we start making a difference within our society in a good way, then I'm all for it.
With so many negative influences in todays life, I am ready to put some positive out there. I need to see some positive.

Throw out your idea about the clean up process. Lets see what we can do.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyesofthetruth
you know it kinda angers me that people tell me "where is your god now. all these people are dying and sick all these mad political issues, the terrorist movment, all the conspiracies in man and religion,"
if u take a step back and just look at us with our own children as we are children from god and see how we treat them . eg... when my son scribbles on the wall with crayon what do i do. i tell him what he did wrong, what to do that is right and obviously get him to clean it up.
now put ur self in gods shoes from a parental stand. he darn well made it clear what is right and wrong and i dont know many ppl that can disagree with the basic fundamental morals set in the bible. so what im getting at is were the ones here scribbling on the walls and simply refusing to clean it but its our mess to clean not his. he told us what were doing wrong and how to fix it hell he even gave us the scrub pad and soap to clean it.
so whos ready to start scrubbing because our walls are plastered with crap.

I completely agree! You have brung hope to my heart. If god is the parent and we are his children.. it is about bloody time humanity grew up and started thinking for ourselves. Imagine our world without religion.. no god.. just us. If we stopped trying to do what 'He' wants.. when it's all purely speculation.. [ie murdering eachother under the guise of 'righteusness] and started thinking about what is in our own interests and what is best for this world.. we would all be alot better off.

To commemorate this special moment:

Imagine

Imagine there's no heaven,
It's easy if you try,
No hell below us,
Above us only sky,
Imagine all the people
living for today...

Imagine there's no countries,
It isnt hard to do,
Nothing to kill or die for,
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...

Imagine no possesions,
I wonder if you can,
No need for greed or hunger,
A brotherhood of man,
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say Im a dreamer,
but Im not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.

John Lennon

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
well two things we could try to start. first obviously start at home within your self start scrubing the impurities out of ur self as jesus did daily it is not an overnight venture but yet a lifetime adventure to pass on to the next generations. every day when u wake up let a peice of u die and let a new ritious one grow eg.....a minor habit thats not good for you and u wiilingly know it or just a simple though process u put ur self through. now to eliminate or change the thought just remember behaviors thoughts and feelings are a chain. just break the link in between the the three. if u change ur behaviour about an issue then ur thoughts and feelings will change behind it or any one of the three will work and the others will follow in suit. A minor eg... when u cook an egg in the morning and the first egg yolk breaks when u want a sunny side up what do u think, shoot i wanted to dip my toast. then u feel a little anger or some negative feeling then ur behavior may be rolling eys or a dropped body posture like you un impressed or something along those lines. now simply just change your thought off the bat like kewl i havnt had an omlet or scrambled in a while and the other 2 will change in place. or change ur behavior by pretending ur a master chef and u meant to do it and have fun with it but i can go through this all day im sure u get the jest of it. and when u break the link just replace it with something jesus would do or something u think would be an approprite think to enhance the quality of life for all if ur not a beliver
i know that was a poor example but it works and another theory i heard the other day from a freind that could be a posible solution or at least to clean a bit and enhance a quality of life to the participants.
take 100 people and your one of them. now your job is to put 99 people ahead of yourself and your family. now if 100 peopl are doing this for each other u constantly have 99 people improving ur life right. now put it on a scale of 1000 or 10000 i know its far fetched but it can work kinda like the movie payit forward. now in that sense i think we could get a lot cleaned up but first we got to start at home

im sorry for the grammer and spelling its not my forte

top topics

join