It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama administration quietly extends health-care enrollment deadline by a day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Plop Plop Fiz Fiz oh what a relief it is !!

The "original" Dec 23rd sign up deadline for your new ObamaCare Exchange bought policy has been extended to 11:59pm, Dec 24th for your policy to be in effect on Jan 1st.

Well that certainly makes everybody breath easier now.

Some "official" sign up numbers claim that around 900,000 have supposedly signed up on the Federal Exchange as of Sunday. Estimates in September said 3.3 million would be the goal.

Wait for the horror stories coming in January when the evil rolls of red tape start taking prisoners from the victims of errors, mistakes, and general bureaucratic "anomalies" that are sure to nail people right out of "coverage" and "access to" doctors and ongoing treatments that people are counting on.

2014 could become the nightmare year of the century.

At midnight Monday, the official deadline arrives for Americans to sign up through the new federal health insurance exchange for health plans that begin Jan. 1. But, without any public announcement, Obama administration officials have changed the rules so that people will have an extra day to enroll, according to two individuals with knowledge of the switch.

Over the weekend, government officials and outside IT contractors working on the online marketplace’s computer system made a software change that automatically gives people a Jan. 1 start date for their coverage as long as they enroll by 11:59 p.m. Christmas Eve.

Obama administration quietly extends health-care enrollment deadline by a day

What is YOUR New Year's "Resolution"

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

As if adding another 24 hours to this cluster**** will fix anything.

Never have I seen an administration move their line in the sand, so many times, so rapidly....

Des

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Well, it moves the mess squarely into the Christmas Eve news cycle. So much for even that day being without the President as the focus of attention.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Merry Obamamas!

Des

edit on 23-12-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Merry Conspiracymas.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Merry Obamamas every one....

We be gettin' SCROOGED.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

Well, it moves the mess squarely into the Christmas Eve news cycle. So much for even that day being without the President as the focus of attention.

With his current approval numbers...
one would think he would be wise to step out of the crosshairs.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I will be one who will not sign up. I can't afford it.

We'll see what happens next year come tax time, but something tells me there will be many like me. Healthcare reform has been a disaster and as long we have a for profit health care system in the US it will continue to be a failure.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I don't care how long they extend the deadline, I'm not going to EVER sign up. How do they expect people to take this crap seriously? Screw you Obama.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

do people who are on cobra ( I am on this after my husband died, through his work) have to sign up?

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
For me, government "reform" or "fix" Has come to mean,

"F-it up so bad that we have to replace the whole thing anyway"

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

research100
reply to post by jrod

do people who are on cobra ( I am on this after my husband died, through his work) have to sign up?

It might depend on whether or not the policy gets cancelled due to not meeting the PPACA minimum standards, and whether or not the insurance company decides to still offer it.

The ObamaCare exchanges might have a better price, but look out for the deductibles.

Things very from state to state.

And it depends on when your policy expires.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

thanks!

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

research100
reply to post by jrod

Chances are that your plan through COBRA will be an 'unacceptable' plan after next year. Then you will be forced to sign up.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by research100

research100
reply to post by jrod

If you already have insurance lined up for all of next year, you shouldn't have to sign up, no matter if it is cobra or not. However, keep in mind that COBRA has a time limit. What you decide to do at that point will depend on your situation.

edit on 12/23/2013 by DrEugeneFixer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

2014 could become the nightmare year of the century.

Worse than 9/11, 2001, that led to two disastrous wars and the surveillance state?

Worse than the great financial crisis of 2008 that caused a worldwide recession?

I don't think it'll be even close.

new topics

top topics

join