It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billion-dollar climate denial network exposed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

webedoomed
reply to post by crazyewok

Read the article. This isn't about scientists have a differing opinion, it's about being bought and paid for shills of the corporatocracy.

There isn't one definitive consensus on climate change. The only stable consensus is that greenhouse gas emissions are altering the climate. From that general consensus, much variation exists.

But scientists being bought and paid for by government grant money and similar networks or environmental and progressive policy groups are somehow less capable of having agendas?

Wake up.
edit on 26-12-2013 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I like to breathe oxygen, my body needs oxygen, or I die...I hate to breathe carbon dioxide, my body expels carbon dioxide, so that I live....therefore.....more carbon dioxide in the air all around us...BAD....I just wanted to keep it simple.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

jimmyx
I like to breathe oxygen, my body needs oxygen, or I die...I hate to breathe carbon dioxide, my body expels carbon dioxide, so that I live....therefore.....more carbon dioxide in the air all around us...BAD....I just wanted to keep it simple.

Fail.

Oxygen burns. It oxidizes everything. Including living beings (we call it "aging").

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

So somehow people grouping together and spending money to combat a PURELY POLITICAL issue is not acceptable? Just more Alarmist propaganda to attempt to silence the truth getting out. Lest we forget the MASSIVE amount of money being spent by the alarmists/UN/IPCC/The "inventor of the Internet" and his anonymous Billion Dollar backers to convince us that somehow we humans are responsible for the climate changing. Two points - (1) The Earths climate changes, it changed before there were humans and will continue to change long after humans are gone (climate change - sometimes rapidly , ex: the little ice age - its why we have marine fossils in the desert SW of the US, its why there are sunken cities off the coasts of Egypt, Great Britain, India, Israel, Italy, Greece, and Japan to name just a few!), and (2) NO proposed or enacted "anti-climate change" legislation does ANYTHING to address what they claim is the problem - all the legislation does is add another level of taxes which consumers will have to pay. Finally, let's not forget that substantially ALL predictions made by the so called "scientists" hired to back this scam have been proven wrong and,in many cases, what has happened IN REALITY has been the exact OPPOSITE of what was predicted!

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
What ?!? The Mega-Rich trying to control/exploit the world? Breaking news indeed !

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

So where do you think the oxygen you are breathing comes from? Plants. How do they make oxygen? They use carbon dioxide, water, and sunlight.

Get rid of the CO2 and you starve the plants. Starve the plants and you get no more food and no more oxygen. As soon as that 20% or so of oxygen in the air is used up, we all asphyxiate.

Example:
4CO₂ + 4H₂O → 2(CH2O)₂ + 4O₂
or in simpler terms...
CO₂ + water → food + oxygen

TheRedneck

edit on 12/26/2013 by TheRedneck because: typo in equation

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

wrkn4livn

spartacus699
reply to post by GrantedBail

So what exactly are you trying to say? That there is or is not climate change? Well first it was global warming. Then they realized that there's no "warming" going on so they changed the name to "climate change". All in an attempt to push the whole carbon credits scheme on big corporations. Trust me we still get minus 20-30c conditions here like clockwork even as soon as oct, and nov guaranteed. Nothing changed at all in terms of temperatures. If anything was changing all we'd know. We don't have to go by the BS research that is put out there by scientists that are told what findings they need to produce to back some adgenda. All we need to do is look around and see for ourselves if anythings changed. And no, nothing has changed on the planet. Any slight changes are completely normal and well within a range of normal changes that have occured since the dawn of time where we go through ice ages and back to warmer weather. And ya I agree anything in the media is pretty much 110% bs. Just do your own research by going outside and asking yourself "has anything changed?"

How does this explain the radical changes in glaciers? They are disappearing before our eyes?
Global warming has nothing to do with this?

You go first then. Please explain the increasing warming of all planets in our solar system. I believe it is the carbon emissions from our cars polluting and causing climate change on Neptune.....or perhaps the largest heat producing nuclear furnace at the center of it.

Your turn.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

stormcell

beezzer
The Earth is nearly hundreds if not several hundreds of years old.

I honestly think we'll all be dead before we see any definitive change in the climate.

If you look at the past 200 years of British winters, there is a vast change - sometimes there is no snow, sometimes there is dozens of inches.

www.netweather.tv...

Which isn't really saying much. Firstly, records that go back that long are poor. We didn't really start accurately recording the weather until about 1950. So we'll say 60 years. This comes from what we've actually measured and witnessed.

Europe was also exposed to a mini ice age as well around a few hundred years ago. Earth has also RECENTLY came out of an ice age. It is going to warm up some after one of those...

what I always tell climate alarmist is this: has there ever been a climate equilibrium on this planet? Think long and hard about that. Correlation does not Imply causation. Statistics can be made to look however you choose to argue. Keep that in mind.
edit on 27-12-2013 by rock427 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

How do you explain it? Simple. Glaciers are a byproduct of an ice age. When the ice age is over; glaciers melt. You need to understand that most of the glaciers from the last ice age have in fact melted. This happened long before the industrial revolution by several thousands of years. Much of North America was covered by glaciers that towered a mile high! Where are these glaciers now? Look to the great lakes of North America to find your answer. Hope that helps!
edit on 27-12-2013 by rock427 because: (no reason given)

(post by ACTlOREACTIO removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

BABYBULL24
It's the Sun.

Quoted for truth.

Its the sun causing climate change.

Not humans.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Frankly, I'd be more likely to believe it if it was a billion dollar green conspiracy. But of course, you'd never hear about that one because the left controls more of science and academia than they'd have people believe. And they almost certainly have complete control over the vast bureaucracy they've created. I don't suppose a political party that has an ideological hold over a bunch of scientists, professors and students could have any influence on their work.
edit on 30-12-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
They had to pump money into a new "study" as more things are starting to discredit the validity of what the climate changers have claimed.

Why don't they instead pump the money they have into an alternative fuel and engine tech? Solar? What happens when a volcano blocks the sun..oops. Ok wind?

The fact that they are so sure of these theories...and the big "solutions" is to take away more rights from people in a nutshell, instead of some other way to mitigate said damages.. Right away it's cows farting and carbon emissions from citizens.

What about NASA and other gov emissions over the past several decades? Right away the finger is pointed at taxpayers. They are the ones who engineered the roadways and spend billions to fix bridges and tunnels. They created the economy that manipulated farming into what it is today.

More creating problems and claiming to have solutions is all I see. It is all you will ever see from Government this big.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join