It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Micro-Apartments Could Be Hazardous to Your Mental Health...well DUH!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This is another one of those studies that really does nothing but confirm common sense.

observer.com...#!

The apartments are supposed to enable single city dwellers access to a cheaper alternative to sky-high rents, but tenants might be choosing between their sanity and their salaries.

Hence the DUH! OMG! Where can I get oodles of government grants to confirm common sense that has been known for decades. Show me the money!

I'm a fan of the smaller house/Tiny house movement...but I would never try to raise children in such a enviroment...unless i had plenty of acreage.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

TDawgRex
This is another one of those studies that really does nothing but confirm common sense.

observer.com...#!

The apartments are supposed to enable single city dwellers access to a cheaper alternative to sky-high rents, but tenants might be choosing between their sanity and their salaries.

Hence the DUH! OMG! Where can I get oodles of government grants to confirm common sense that has been known for decades. Show me the money!

I'm a fan of the smaller house/Tiny house movement...but I would never try to raise children in such a enviroment...unless i had plenty of acreage.

I pretty much live in one bedroom with a window to a colourbond wall that the neighbours so kindly put up.

Nothing wrong with my mental help..

health.. I mean mental health..

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

For a single person who is employed they are a good idea IF the rent is seriously low!.
Most people these days are on minimum wage so a cheap alternative would enable them to save some money for their future!

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Personally I would live in a tent before I lived in an apartment. If so broke that an apartment is all I could afford some tent living would give me a chance to save some cash and try to change my life.

I can say that because I did it.

It hurts my heart to see people crammed into little boxes, stacked up on top of other boxes. Apartment living is one step from a jail cell as far as I am concerned. The constant proximity to other humans that are also fairly broke is a recipe for bad things. From broken into cars to burglaries and weirdo stalkers. apartments have them all.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Mamatus
Personally I would live in a tent before I lived in an apartment. If so broke that an apartment is all I could afford some tent living would give me a chance to save some cash and try to change my life.

I can say that because I did it.

It hurts my heart to see people crammed into little boxes, stacked up on top of other boxes. Apartment living is one step from a jail cell as far as I am concerned. The constant proximity to other humans that are also fairly broke is a recipe for bad things. From broken into cars to burglaries and weirdo stalkers. apartments have them all.

Are you able to live in a tent where you are?
Over here in the uk it wouldnt be long before the cops arrived to move a person on if they put up a tent for the purpose of living in it.

Any uk peeps know of ANYWHERE in the uk where a person could live in a tent without being harrased?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I spent quite a few years homeless in America. Best places to sleep were behind churches, if they found you they usually fed you. The real key is darkness, never "camp" in the daytime.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

you could in the highlands but you would be dead in the morning with the cold and in the summer the midge's would eat you alive .

better to go stir crazy in a warm flat that is a lot bigger than a jail cell

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

geobro

you could in the highlands but you would be dead in the morning with the cold and in the summer the midge's would eat you alive .

Never been that far up country yet. I've heard about the midges, how do the locals cope with them? Is it a case of covering oneself with sheep poo or something just as nasty?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

VoidHawk

geobro

Never been that far up country yet. I've heard about the midges, how do the locals cope with them? Is it a case of covering oneself with sheep poo or something just as nasty?
a thick skin and plenty whisky i have been on jobs where i had to wear womens tights on my face like a armed robber
i kidd you not but they are nothing compared to the clegs [ horse flies ] i have painted doors outside on remote jobs and have to scrape them off the next day with a big scraper

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Wow. Could cram a lot of luxury into that bad boy. I lived in a room a quarter the size of that or less. Only perk that came with it was a single use puncture pouch of cherry flavored lube that someone kindly left behind. Guess they didn't end up needing cherry to make the fruit punch after all. It was just fine citrusy sour. It was a small weird room with a three inch gap under the door and a sweet shared shower. it was fine at the time. I was in a parallel universe' med school where my only homework was to presribe myself pharmaceuticals and astro travel. I graduated to homelessness (softcore mind you) until I realized that was no way to be. Still going through that makes you seriously seriously appreciate a couch or bed that you can get on, even for just a nap. A classic 30 hour nap. Getting all yawny just thinking about it.

top topics

join