It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent Results of Japanese fish radioactivity--It's Safe

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Considering the oceans have been used and continues to be used as a dump for toxic waste, radioactive waste, and there have even been nuclear power subs that are down there, I'd say you are right.

3 total meltdowns should be enough to get the world to re-think nuclear energy and for the most part we have.

Certainly not an ELE.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
We do still partake in sea food however. Not as much as the past, but if the oceans are that toxic around N America, then our crops aren't doing too well either.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This isn't a perfect world. Look at forests: we're always finding excuses to cut them. We drill oil. We mine. We build new homes and suburbs and erect new business and industry. We're always finding reasons to overfish and overfarm and you name it. We've been polluting since the time we made our first campfire - more than a million years ago. We're still polluting because it's too expensive not to. Living ain't easy and it'll never be perfect. The people who can tolerate this imperfect world and yet still strive to improve things on practical terms are the people who will succeed. They don't dwell on the imperfections and despair. They have an upbeat attitude and are always making small contributions that together enable us to survive.

Everyone knows it's an imperfect world, but not everyone lets it stop them from innovating and marching forward into the future. That's our will to live. Our will to make a better world. It's human spirit. It's optimism no matter the odds. It's something I've always admired, but have not always shared in it.

It makes me think of this:
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -George Bernard Shaw

I've had this quote for a long time and still don't know exactly what it means. In a Star Trek game a character said the Borg do not adapt to their environment but force their environment to adapt to them. Does adapting to our environment prohibit progress or is that an assumption contingent on flawed reasoning?
edit on 20-12-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join