It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

"Sweet Mother Death, reigning over this land
Sing her song and she'll take your hand

Her touch electrifies, with a kiss unique
Lips caress lips on the mild and meek

Melody is heard, there's no escape
Eyes staring at your fading face

Gazing deep, into her tar black eyes
Returns you back to endless skies

Close your eyes forever, then ascend
Mother Deaths' kiss is the actual end"

**I wrote this after watching the second season of the show 'American Horror Story'. I felt that death is something freeing and should not be feared. Mother Death will set you free.

Peace and love
-nat the blue eyed cat-
edit on 18-12-2013 by natalia because: ...

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

natalia
I felt that death is something freeing and should not be feared. Mother Death will set you free.

If death sets us free, then it mean life is a prison... The thing is, our soul never dies, so death is a prison too.

Very thought-provoking, S&F!

edit on 18-12-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Wow, I've never thought of it like that. I do agree that the soul never dies...
What you say is thought provoking as well.
Thanks for reading!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Very good indeed and nicely written. Mother death can wait for me a while longer yet to!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Yes, I am not gonna sing mother deaths song til I'm old and ready...unless she decides I'm ready sooner!! Hope not!

Thanks for reading and thanks for your kind words.

edit on 18-12-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

swanne

If death sets us free, then it mean life is a prison... The thing is, our soul never dies, so death is a prison too.

Very thought-provoking, S&F!

edit on 18-12-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

It makes me think that bliss is boring unless the opposite is experienced. Therefore the soul incarnates to get a bit of hard times in order to appreciate the peace and bliss.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Dark, poignant. Well done.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

I knew what you were talking about before I even read your explanation at the bottom. When I saw the pic at top the first thing that came to mind was the Angel of Death from AHS!!! Great minds think alike!

Great poem and the pic is awesome- congrats Nat!!!
Hugs and love, webmama

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I do not fear my own death, just the death of my loved ones. Now that would be a true American horror story for me.

This...is....truly beautiful.

Well done!

Blend57

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Thanks guys and gals for reading

I know it's short, but it's how it was supposed to be. I like long poetry in all, but short and to the point ...I sure like better

Thanks again for reading!!

((((Hugs)))) to you all and much peace and love ~~~>>>>

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

I'd like to say I do not fear my own death....that'd be a lie.. I fear my loved ones death far above my own, but I do wonder what is in store for me. How am I going to go and when? My soul leaves this realm to enter another... I often wonder why atheists believe that when your dead your dead. Black void.... Nothingness... No heaven no hell no God and no Satan... No reincarnation no furthering of ones soul... Even if I didn't believe in God I'd have to have faith in something. I love this poem it is truly dark and ominous yet beautiful. I thank you for sharing this with us! You too are a talented one as is Blend! thank you once again and keep up the beautiful writing.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidWalker

Yeah I know what you and blend mean about fearing a loved ones death. I think that only naturally... But I feel we don't need to hold onto the fear.. Fear eats you..

And yes, I feel our soul does further itself through many different life's... I do wonder does our soul get to choose which life it takes... Are our life's predestined for pain and suffering so our soul can grow stronger... Many questions swirl my mind.

I gotta just live one day at a time.. And hope the best and expect the worst. And thanks for you kind words about my poem. I enjoy writing poems. It helps me. I've been writing since I was young, and no I'm not a writer I feel. And yes I feel sometimes that they are kinda childish since they are so short, but at the same time I know that that's ok, it's my style. It's how I've always written.
I enjoy Emily Dickinson's poetry a lot. Anyway thanks for reading

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

I think I'm just at a different stage in life then most is all. I'm ready to move on and see what's next. That doesn't mean I won't have an "oh shxx!" moment when it happens, just means I've excepted it as inevitable. But, I couldn't bear it if my loved ones passed before I did. That would truly break me.

I hope it goes as your poem says, although haunting, it seems quite painless. But my luck, I'll probably get in the Guinness book of world records for the most painful way a person could ever die

Thanks,
Blend57

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by blend57

I gotta tell you. I thought I wouldn't be able to handle my moms death. I was 27 and she only 45. It was devasting. And this was just in may of 2011. So yes, I still grieve over her, but I gotta keep living for the people around me.
I know in my heart I have an old soul. Maybe you do as well

And honestly, I feel that death won't be painful. I feel our bodies are a lot more complex than we truly know..

I like to think of myself as a willow tree... You can bend me all the way to the ground, but I'm not gonna break

edit on 19-12-2013 by natalia because: ..

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by blend57

I had a flash flood of horrible thoughts when you said Guinness Book of World Records death. I seriously just dropped my jaw at how quick my imagination jumped to such horrible scenery. LOL

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidWalker

Yeah, I kinda picture something like this:

Thanks,
Blend57

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing and the nice comment and pic on my wall and also for reading what I wrote, I did post that along with one frame I am working on out of that short narrative. SnF

top topics

join