It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who else buys frozen pizza but watches what they eat?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I know there is a lot to be said about watching what you eat, and I do.

spent 104 bucks today on groceries for myself. probably last me 2 weeks idk maybe not, but...

I eat healthy to a degree but you cook a nice meal, I eat it for 2 days...or 3

I buy frozen pizza because I want to get a full stomach without the hassle of cooking.
they were on sale.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Ive always gone with the Calorie counting method of healthy eating.

If its under what Ive allowed myself for the day, its game on, doesn't matter what it is.

Works for me, and lets me cheat with out the guilt while still feeling like im on track, which can be half the battle in and of it self.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'll occasionally buy a frozen cheese pizza, but only if I have the toppings I prefer at home.

I used to make my own pizza quite a bit but stopped because it became to expensive.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

TDawgRex
I'll occasionally buy a frozen cheese pizza, but only if I have the toppings I prefer at home.

I used to make my own pizza quite a bit but stopped because it became to expensive.

Im a big fan of the muffin, tomato sauce, slice of provolone, hot dog method me self.

Nice and cheep.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

Get yourself a bread machine.

And then you can make your own pizza dough.
You won't have to worry about any chemicals or other junk added in.

If you refrigerate or freeze the dough you can use it later.

homemade pizza is awesome!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
With a bread machine, Costco-bought flour (50 lb bags cost little more than 5 lb bags), and bulk yeast also from Costco, a 1 lb loaf of bread or pizza dough costs about a buck. Buy a pizza stone and just leave it in your oven unless you're cooking a turkey and need the room. They're the secret to a nice crust.

Obviously whatever other ingredients you add will up the cost, but you can probably beat even on sale frozen if you're willing to do a little advance work (thaw out frozen dough overnight).

Mix grated parmesan and garlic with a little italian seasoning and you have that stuff they sprinkle on breadsticks; they're great just dipped in tomato sauce.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Using the pizza dough I made some garlic breads.

I melted some butter and brushed the bread followed with a liberal sprinkling of garlic and parmesian cheese.

it was awesome!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Eating one now listening to The Who Magic bus

Topped with a little Ats...

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Every once in awhile I will eat a Red Baron frozen pizza.

They are like flavored cardboard slathered in tomato sauce and some kind of cheese material.

I put foods like that on the same list I place Taco Bell and cigars. When I go all out I drink alcohol while smoking a cigar and eating a slice of Red Baron Pizza.

In order of safety hazard:

1. Alcohol
2. Cigars
3. Red Baron Pizza

I know it can't be proven but still.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Yep,

I watch what I eat, and I buy frozen pizzas. I am choosy about whose I'll buy though, and I won't get them from a chain grocery unless I am feeling crazy on a Friday night.

Hummus and Pita/Naan: that will fill the belly dependably on the cheap and your body will thank you for it. Freezer pizzas are a known evil.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
We buy Muir Glenn organic pizza sauce from the coop here at a buck seventy for a 14 oz can when they are on sale. It makes two large pizzas or a whole loaf of pizza bread. It tastes so much better than the commercial pizza sauces. The mozzarella cheese, from a local Italian store and take out restaurant, is about six bucks a pound but it is tastier than any I have found in the supermarket. You only need half as much to get the good taste and it really stretches. They also have excellent cudighi for a meat, prefrying it is needed but it is good in a sandwich also. We break it up into quarter pound bags for the freezer.

I need to get a good pizza crust recipe, If someone has one I am all ears. I always have whole grain barley and rye flour in stock. I also keep semolina flour and both unbleached bread flour and all purpose flour in stock for breads and crusts. We stock cake flour also. Buying yeast by the brick is cheapest, We always get red star. Always use bulk sea salt too, it makes the dough better tasting. All I need is the recipe. I know that aging the crust for a day is best as it helps to digest the starches for a better crust but we are not that prepared to know what we are going to eat the next day. That can change though if the right recipe is out there..

If someone has a recipe, I would need to know what flour is used, there is a big difference in flours. There is spring, winter, and summer wheat blends.

I am doing a lot of testing on bread recipes to try to create a good bread. I incorporate a little wheat germ into my recipes in breads most times, it helps me tolerate the breads better. I do not know if that will be good in pizza crust though.

Other than that, we buy orv's pizza when they go on sale. They are under a buck eighty when on sale usually, and we add extra toppings.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Thanks everybody.My girlfriend is coming over to help with a pork chop recipe....frozen pizza on stand by

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Unless you grow/hunt your own food you really have no idea what you're getting, and given the nature of current affairs you can be pretty sure it's not good for you--whether it's labeled "organic", "free range" (or whatever half-truth marketing ploy they come up with) or not.

So since one type/brand isn't really any better or worse for you than any other, go for the frozen pizza if that's what does it for you. I've formed a strong relationship with the Baron myself. And why not? What alternative do I really have?

Not to mention the fluoride in the water and the aluminum in the air. We're being poisoned on all fronts. What's a little MSG among friends?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Frozen pizzas uniformly suck. Even the deli pizzas tend towards suckiness.

If you're watching what you eat, make your own. How hard is it? You can make your own bases or buy them. Add tomato paste, topping and a-lotsa mozzarella. Molto bene. You can even use a fake Italian accent or a real one if you have it.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
My favorite frozen pizza lately has been one with a rice crust and soy cheese and vege toppings.

new topics

top topics

join