It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could they really keep ETs secret?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Yes absolutely!

Through a program of systematic obfuscation the realty can become so obscure that little can be discerned. Doing this would not require a large staff, but would require continued work.

Even the physical evidence is obfuscated to the point that some can't even recognize its existence.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I've been researching the following issue:

"why do sentient light beings who have existed on earth for untold
thousands of years, and who influence the general direction of most
human thought, want to fake UFO's coming to visit us?"

That is the very uncomfortable question that things have distilled
down to. That question by the way, has trashed my entire life
in a manner of speaking.. the reality behind that question was
something I've always known some about.. but the extent and the
'horror of it' was something I was in partial denial about.

The answer? Well there's only one answer.. there's only one answer
to anything in this world.. power and control and misdirection..
and ultimately worship... and since worship is just a being feeding
on another, vulnerable being.. this is all about controlling the cattle
across religious, atheistic and agnostic lines with a common control
phenomenon ('ET's').

What makes it so 'horrible' is that these trickster beings created ALL
the world's religions.. ALL the cast of characters both 'good' and 'evil'.

I never wanted this point of view.

KPB

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

IsaacKoi
If the governments of, say, the USA and/or the United Kingdom knew about Extraterrestrial visitors, could they really manage to that knowledge a secret?

This is a question that has provoked debate in UFO circles for many years.

Thanks Isaac for a provocative read and very interesting thread.

Like many of us, I have pondered this question myself and feel somewhat as you do, governments do not necessarily do such a great job of keeping secrets, especially ones that would involve thousands of people. If you think about it, you've mentioned the USA and the UK, well there are another 190+ countries around the world and over 7 Billion of us living here.

I think logically, if there was evidence that ET existed and had found this tiny blue dot through the massive Universe filled with trillions of stars and planets, we would have known about it by now. That secret would not just remain in the governments......it is people who make up the governments and people who live on the planet.

So, I rest in the camp that says the governments do not have any tangible proof of ET, however, they may have a percentage of cases of strange anomalies that they cannot explain. And their answer to those questions is that they have found no evidence of any alien or other presence (terrestrial) that infringes on their national security. Both the USA and the UK have made those claims.

Cheers......great thread!!

edit on 18-12-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical correction

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I'm not so sure about that.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

ItDepends
Like many of us, I have pondered this question myself and feel somewhat as you do, governments do not necessarily do such a great job of keeping secrets, especially ones that would involve thousands of people. If you think about it, you've mentioned the USA and the UK, well there are another 190+ countries around the world and over 7 Billion of us living here.

Veteran ufologist Jenny Randles has also made comments about other countries in response to my item:

Not to mention, why would only nations that COULD keep secrets chance to be in the know. Some countries would sell the story to the media just to clear their national debt. That is why this idea falls apart. It is egotistical to presume only big countries would be in the know. If UFOs were real and were really crashing then I assume they could crash anywhere - not just the USA or the UK.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I thought about that years ago..I'm sure many of us have. As a matter of fact, the usa would logically be the last country that any real ETs would contact due to hiroshima.

A large proportion of other countries are more ethical or as said. ..more hungry.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

KellyPrettyBear
I thought about that years ago..I'm sure many of us have. As a matter of fact, the usa would logically be the last country that any real ETs would contact due to hiroshima.

A large proportion of other countries are more ethical or as said. ..more hungry.

Yeah, sure. The USA is evil. Blah blah blah. Such an old drum to beat.

I think if aliens were at all interested in establishing official contact with the Earth governments, they'd pick the most powerful to communicate with, "evil" or not. "Government of Haiti, we come in peace!"

Anyway, would it be easier or harder to keep a secret about something you don't really understand?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It's not so much a secret.

There's a lot of evidence to suggest that the information about ETs is there. It's just the majority don't care to look.

It's not their secret keeping that's caused this, it's their dumbing down and herding of the masses. - That way, there needn't be any secret.. because most people don't care about it. They'd much rather learn about some waste of space celebrity who didn't wear make-up to lunch.

Either way... "they" caused it.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

What people call ETs aren't ETs anyway so the entire discussion about keeping secrets is pretty moot.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
We have a Canadian Minister of Defense who has gone on record saying we have been visited by more than one species and they have worked with the US government:

edit on 19-12-2013 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

He's read the same books we have.

That said, im not saying that the lifeforms faking ufo evidence are not convincing; they are.

That humongous flying triangular wedge 'ufo' I saw a few weeks ago was very convincing on the surface. Looked like it was from star trek in fact.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Sure...
Especially if ETs are helping keep the secrets......

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
There's a few things that, to me, a huge coverup would imply (besides that ETs are real):

1. For such a coverup to exist, ETs would absolutely have to be in on it. With the capabilities of interstellar travel, presumably they could easily bypass government attempts to keep things under wraps. I find it kind of unlikely that interstellar travelers would care to ally themselves with one shady cabal. Presumably ETs could disclose their existence whenever they want, regardless of a terrestrial government trying to prevent it.

2. A coverup would have to be international- to extraterrestrials, nation state boundaries would hardly be a border at all and presumably they wouldn't share the same strong tribal feeling between people that we feel. Humanity's ability to agree internationally is wanting in this department, IMHO. World governments disagree and bicker over things much, much less controversial than disclosure.

3. This is more speculative, but it seems that if there has been coverups and attempts at reverse engineering of alien crafts, there would be more trickle down technology in other fields. Some point to certain techs out there now as evidence that this has happened, but I haven't seen anything that doesn't appear to be a result of normal scientific progression.

I believe that there have been legit UFO encounters on Earth, but governments are almost as in the dark as everyone else. They are generally collectors of secondhand info, that they then store in file storage somewhere, until an ambitious ufologist requests to see it.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear
reply to post by Blue Shift

What people call ETs aren't ETs anyway so the entire discussion about keeping secrets is pretty moot.

I tend to agree. I haven't seen anything in my nearly 50 years of interest in the subject of UFOs that indicates the phenomenon has anything to do with creatures from other planets. There's nothing connecting the dots. My current opinion is that we're dealing with a phenomenon that is literally incomprehensible given the limitations with which we comprehend and define reality.

In that regard, I think the U.S. government is as baffled by UFOs as everybody else, and I suppose they could keep that kind of thing a secret. I'm pretty sure they would rather say, "I'm not going to tell you," than admit, "I don't have a clue." Lots of people don't believe that, though.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear
reply to post by jrod

He's read the same books we have.

That said, im not saying that the lifeforms faking ufo evidence are not convincing; they are.

That humongous flying triangular wedge 'ufo' I saw a few weeks ago was very convincing on the surface. Looked like it was from star trek in fact.

So the Canadian Minister of Defense read a few books and decides to announce publicly that we are not alone. Okay, move along people nothing to see here!

I've seen one legitimize UFO in my life. It have been some super top secret military space craft, I do not know.

If there is any evidence that we've been visited and a few elite people have been able to take advantage of their technology, it is the explosion of technology we've had in the last 100 years or so. Look at how far computer's have advanced since the 1940's. The technology is being slowly and calculated delivered to the masses in a way to maximize profit.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I think this is far back enough in the thread to address now.

We take for granted what we can do from the comfort of our own homes. The abundance of information on the subject is overwhelming, to such an extent now, you can't even scratch the surface.

I do recall a time when access to a simple typewriter could be considered an accomplishment. Yeah ... the office secretary had one on her desk, but a lot of the stuff put on paper and filed away was on a legal pad (and some people's penmanship wasn't anything to crow about).

Formal reports were typed up after the secretary went home for the day and woeful was the man who failed to swap typing ribbons back-and-forth. It's hard to imagine for some just how difficult it could be getting the formatting right on a typed document. And then there was 'make a mistake and this won't be good enough for the General ... so start over.' Electric typewriters made making mistakes simply faster. Introduction to word processors made reviewers all the more nitpicky.

If you're wondering 'why' you're never going to sink your teeth into this subject ... well ... now you know. Nobody wanted to spin their wheels reporting on something to be certainly scoffed at or being forced to wear a necklace of ridicule. Everything worthwhile on the subject was never formalized. Everything was privatized WAY before the IBM Selectric became an office standard. And, a cultural phenomenon of 'getting out of it' became the norm. Couple that with classification (think two-man control), compartmentalization, bulk destruction ... and you'll have an almost complete understanding.

Asking the government for something they don't have, don't want to have, don't know, and don't want to know is schtoopit. Go look at private industry. We have never 'shot down' a UFO. That's just laughable. UFOs don't freaking fall out of the sky either (no crashes). They're barely observable ... but they have been observed (and never like Rendelshem). Those observations have been important.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Yes simply because it's a National Security issue

and revealing any proof would most likely be a crime ...

edit on 19-12-2013 by easynow because: typo

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This is a phenomenon that is claimed to be everywhere. UFOs are seen every day. UFOs are seen by ordinary people. Ordinary people claim they are abducted. This is not a phenomenon exclusive to the government/military. In order for the government to keep this completely 100% secret, these "aliens" would have to crash on government property and only interact with these high level officials. That's a ridiculous an unlikely scenario.

Ask the government to keep secret a program such as the U-2, a project that's designed, developed, and built within government/military facilities, and that's easy. Take it outside of their facility, which this UFO phenomenon is claimed to be, to anywhere in the U.S. and that's not going to be easy to keep hidden. We would also have to be in cahoots with other governments of the world to keep this secret. This is claimed to be a worldwide event, not just in the U.S.

Also, if the government had in it's hands absolute proof that alien life has or is visiting Earth, that would open the possibility for other types of alien life visiting Earth as well. It wouldn't necessarily be unique to this one species. It would have to be a continuous loop of wondering if any one of the thousands of reported UFOs every year could be from a possible different visiting species of alien. Anyone of those species could pose a potential threat as well. Being able to defy the laws of physics as we know it could open the door to endless types of Earth obliterating threats. I think the government/military would be taking a far more pro-active involvement into these daily sightings if they had in fact- alien evidence.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I'm on the side that they're here. Let me preface this by saying I have absolutely no proof of my claims, only my memories and experiences with no proof. I'm a multiple abductee, I've personally seen Greys, that's how I know they're real.

Here's my take on it. They approach us in much the same way we approach animals that we tag in the wild. We gather up some animals, sometimes perform experiments on them, tag them, and then release them back into the wild. Periodically some of the tagged animals are gathered up and looked at again to learn about what they've been up to. My feeling is that Greys are doing much the same to humans. Sometimes when they interact with us, it's the same type of emotion that a keeper in a kennel gets when they take a dog or cat out of it's cage and play with it for a bit, only to return it. Their interactions are to stimulate us for their amusement. If they were actually interested in teaching us, memories of these events wouldn't be obscured.

Outside of that, I think they do have some interaction with governments of the world. I don't know how many or which ones but given the immense UFO activity that has happened over nuclear installations, my suspicion is that their interactions are limited only to nuclear powered nations and probably only some of those at that. Namely the US and Russia. I imagine the contact from them is extremely limited however, if they were actually interested in diplomatic relations they wouldn't remain a secret.

So that goes to, can a government keep this a secret? And the answer is yes. Regardless of what you personally believe the truth is, there's evidence out there to support your viewpoint. That is how they keep it a secret. The signal to noise ratio is so high for any particular viewpoint that no one has absolute certainty in any given piece of evidence being true. With technology like the internet, everyone carrying cameras, and so on this becomes even easier as lots of questionable legit sightings, fakes, and just misidentified objects all hit the internet and further cloud the issue. I think it's easier now than ever before to keep the secret.
edit on 20-12-2013 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I think they have kept it a secret for the most part. If you think aliens exist you are called a conspiracy theorist. That means that they've kept it a secret.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join