It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get ready all you Sci-Fi fans, prepare to be happy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Hope this hasnt already been covered had a quick look but couldnt see anything.

Ever wanted a 3D holo projection? They have finally done it and it looks pretty darn good! Check out the official site:
www.io2technology.com.../images-videos

They have some COOL videos at the bottom. A 3D spinning watch and stuff.
Cool eh?!

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 05:39 AM
link   
sorry actually i dont think its actually 3d, just a 15" 2d holodisplay. The watch looks really 3d though. oh i dont know my brain hurts... maybe someone else can tell me.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   

The image is planar (2D), not volumetric (3D). Like any computer monitor, it can project simulated 3D. Sometimes such images will look like real 3D when viewed from more than a few feet away because there is no physical depth reference.

From www.io2technology.com.../technology

Anyway, Great post!

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Nice if such goes to custom use, still i currently view more likely flat plasma screen or digital video projetor. 3D and hologram definately would be great, yes its 3D watch that is 3D only concern is they dont rotate camera around device to proove it, you can make 2d image display 3d looking picture. Device probably cant yet meet commercial markets? Also they call technology Heliodisplay.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Yeah this stuff is awesome! I came across this website a couple of monthes back and was thinking about posting it, but forgot too, lol!

Here are few sites with similar technology:

www.holotouch.com...
have a unique interactive holographic 'touch' panel.

www.holofx.com...
Holographic displays similiar to the ones Time Machine and Minority Report.

www.3dsolar.com...
Somewhat like Back to the Future II's projection technology.

www.mvis.com...

Not really 3d, however it is a cool HUD.

This technology isn't years off folks! This is going to happen within a few years.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
www.io2technology.com.../home
"The Heliodisplay (TM) projects TV, streaming video and computer images into free space (i.e. mid-air). "
What? Wow that is interesting. At first I thought that this was like 'Death Ray' Matthews' projector that used clouds in the sky as a backgroud.
"The Heliodisplay is interactive -- a "floating touch screen" -- allowing a hand or finger to navigate and select."
Well now thats just too frikin' awesome.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I seen the same basic graphics on a recent trip to disney world, the haunted house to be exact

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritBreaker
I seen the same basic graphics on a recent trip to disney world, the haunted house to be exact

yes but it was done with a projection and a plate of glass

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I have seen a clip of this tech a few weeks back on "CNN NEXT", it was pretty cool. They had one one of there (cnn) cameras on this holographic video footage while they turned there camera around the holograph and then instead of you seeing the girls face that was talking you saw the back of her head. So as cool as it is, I dont see why people would ever want anything like this in there home. Who is going to walk around and around there tv so they can see it from all angles.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I made a post about it weeks ago :
virtual interactive displays?

I think is good, one of the best things is that it's interactive and should cost not more than plasma TV.

Murcielago imagine multiplayer on future XBOX2 or PS3 with 2 players each looking from different side and seeing another image. No need for splitscreen.

But it's rather old (relatively) - I heard about it 1.5 year ago for first time. Winder if it will go into the full production.

top topics

join