It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Chinese Moon Rover offers us a great opportunity!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
As with all the debate around "The US Moon landing was a hoax" I'm looking forward to pictures taken of the ground and surroundings on the moon. Hopefully China will be so nice to share the lot of them.

We will then be able to compare those pictures with the photo's taken by the US astronauts and once and for all see if there's any resemblance and leave this topic behind us.

Unfortunately, I have very limited data usage so I can't browse the internet extensively in search of Rover pictures. So if anyone spots a bunch a direct link would be very much appreciated!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Staafke

China moon image

This Dec. 14, 2013 photo released by the official New China News Agency shows a picture of the moon surface taken by the on-board camera of the lunar probe Chang'e-3 on the screen of the Beijing Aerospace Control Center in Beijing. (Wang Jianmin / Associated Press / December 14, 2013)

www.latimes.com...

edit on 12/15/2013 by colddeadhands because: Added pic

edit on 12/15/2013 by colddeadhands because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Staafke

The Chinese rover isn't near any of the Apollo landing sites unfortunately.

Alfa1 posted a pic showing the location in relation to the Apollo landing sites..

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 15-12-2013 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Thanks for pointing that out.
Yet another useless thread

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by colddeadhands

Isn't it interesting that the surface is red? Thanks NASA. We had to get the truth from China.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Staafke

Yes, it offers us great opportunity to see if our own Govt. and NASA was full of sh*t.... I wouldn't mind if China went back to our 'alleged' landing spot and reporting back to the world that there is nothing there.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

jhn7537
reply to post by Staafke

Yes, it offers us great opportunity to see if our own Govt. and NASA was full of sh*t.... I wouldn't mind if China went back to our 'alleged' landing spot and reporting back to the world that there is nothing there.

I'm very surprised they didn't "go for it". I wonder if our people warned them off.

link   

Restricted

Isn't it interesting that the surface is red? Thanks NASA. We had to get the truth from China.

You know, you can look up in the sky and see for yourself that it isn't red. Amazing, people will believe something that is easily and first-hand demonstrably false as long as it is perceived to "conflict with NASA."
edit on 15-12-2013 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

link   

Restricted

You mean like how the Earth is all green?

Oh, wait....actually the Earth is all tan / orange / yellowish.....

Er....hang on....actually the Earth is all blue!

Or was it that the Earth is all white?

Or maybe it's just dependent upon where you are and what cameras you are using maybe?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

That and there's thing called white balance. Who knows what the white balance was on that camera, or what the spectral response of its CCD is like.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Dialled up pretty high by the looks of the rover.

Unless it's normal look is glowing white..

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

There's no cause to attack me. Never have I seen a moon photo depicting red dirt. I was a kid when we went to the moon, so I've been around a while. Why in all that time have we never seen such a picture?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Restricted

There's no cause to attack me. Never have I seen a moon photo depicting red dirt. I was a kid when we went to the moon, so I've been around a while. Why in all that time have we never seen such a picture?

Not an attack. Simply making a point that you can't say what the color of something is simply by images from a single point.

I was a kid too when we first landed. There were many pictures depicting different colors of the moon. Here's a couple of famous ones:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Now, this is something NASA should realize, COLOR photo's have existed for ages.....WHY DON'T THEY USE COLOR, EH? Apparently China does!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

AlphaHawk
reply to post by ngchunter

Dialled up pretty high by the looks of the rover.

Unless it's normal look is glowing white..

It sure is nice to see new tracks on the moon for the first time in the lifetimes of many, if not most, ATS members.

Glowing white is the new deep-ultra nonglow black.
edit on 15-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Unity_99
Now, this is something NASA should realize, COLOR photo's have existed for ages.....WHY DON'T THEY USE COLOR, EH? Apparently China does!

And here we go again. All digital "color" photographs are actually two or more "black and white" images taken through different color filters and put together. Even the Chinese ones.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Wow, the sheer amount of ignorance here by the majority of posters is unbelievable and very disrespectful.

To those that believe we never went to the Moon, or the US never went to the Moon, get a job, get a life, and read a book... please. You are making yourself look like an idiot. And please respect those brave men and women that helped build the past and present space program.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

eriktheawful
There were many pictures depicting different colors of the moon. Here's a couple of famous ones:

To be frank, the brown colouration seen here is mostly due to the film / processing being used. The whole film roll has that brown tone: www.hq.nasa.gov...

Here's a more "reasonable" film roll from Ap11: www.hq.nasa.gov...

I prefer the images from Apollo Lunar Surface Journal (www.hq.nasa.gov...), they are the latest hi-res scans using modern technology.

P.S. your second image is from a TV camera, right? Because there were only 2 astronauts on the surface, with no one else to take that image. Therefore the image was B&W and was colourised by someone.
edit on 15-12-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

P.S. your second image is from a TV camera, right? Because there were only 2 astronauts on the surface, with no one else to take that image. Therefore the image was B&W and was colourised by someone.

It was taken by the 16mm Data Acquisition Camera in the window of the LM.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

AlphaHawk
reply to post by Staafke

The Chinese rover isn't near any of the Apollo landing sites unfortunately.

Alfa1 posted a pic showing the location in relation to the Apollo landing sites..

If anyone is interested, the Chinese decided to land the craft one orbit earlier than originally planned, so thr actual landing area ended up being slightly different than the arrow showed in the earlier picture.

And to those arguing about the different moon colour, tear your hair out over this more recent image:

Q: What colour is the moon?
A: FFS, go outside and look up into the sky and see for yourself!!!1

edit on 15-12-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join