It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City Wants Ban on Saggy Pants.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
this?

or this?

That's what I thought

Love cowboys

I saw a nice looking one at farm and home the other day watched him walk away, told my daughter will you look at that, embarrassed the heck out of her.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Stormdancer777

That looks like a saggy diaper...

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

LOL it does, doesn't it.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I couldn't resist

edit on 12/13/2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Showing people your underwear when walking around is disrespectful, at best. But that is the point right?
Run around show everyone what a bad ass, take no crap kinda guy you are.... For what it is worth, I have had several "saggers" apply for jobs with my company. Each and everyone has been told to leave.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I have been having fun in this thread, so I thought it was time to give a serious opinion.

I do not think that any kind of clothing should be banned but, I see zero problem with asking someone who has half of their ass (or more) hanging out, to pull their pants up.

It's called common courtesy, common decency and common sense. Pants are supposed to cover your ass. Underwear are named underwear, for a reason.

So ban them? No. But, give some motivation to at least pull them up? Absolutely.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
While i find the whole saggy pants thing absolutely hilarious and at the same time frightening that anyone would even consider it

( although if celebrities wore a damn fish on their head it would be the next "cool thing" people would do IMO)

I think banning any form of clothing or type of individual expression is about as bad as advocating we all wear a grey jumpsuit with a number on it.

I can understand the thought though, I just disagree with this city that this is a viable solution.

Maybe just ticket the extreme saggers with indecent exposure, especially since there is no guarantee children wont be walking around to see it.

But then again people ought to contemplate the ethics of their actions, including fashion statements...

too much to ask i guess..

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

daryllyn
I have been having fun in this thread, so I thought it was time to give a serious opinion.

I do not think that any kind of clothing should be banned but, I see zero problem with asking someone who has half of their ass (or more) hanging out, to pull their pants up.

It's called common courtesy, common decency and common sense. Pants are supposed to cover your ass. Underwear are named underwear, for a reason.

So ban them? No. But, give some motivation to at least pull them up? Absolutely.

Well you say that any clothing should be banned?

Can i walk around half naked (aka trousers half way to china) with a ski mask on? Would that be reasonable if i wanted to?

What about hockey or presidents masks?

If 90% of people dislike it because its unpleasant, unsightly, rude and so forth why shouldnt it be reasonable to enforce a ban, at the end of the day just pull your pants up when you are in a openly public place. You cant fornicate in a public place or get your bits out. Personnel id be okay with public nudity if also walking around with a ski mask on was acceptable - at least you know the nude guys got no guns!

Sorry slightly ranty, forgive me please its Friday evening

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRegal

Soooo... you like looking at mens behinds clad in underwear?

I'm not interested in seeing that.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Lots of people hate broccoli and find it incredibly offensive, should we ban it, too?

I think the answer is in simply pulling them up, getting a belt, or buying pants that fit, not banning them altogether. Some of it is the style of the pants, but most of it, is that they are just too big (except in Bieber's case... I'm not sure I have an explanation for that).

Educating people on the origin of saggy pants might be a good motivator, also.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

LOL dont be dramatic, people dont find broccoli offensive they just dislike it.

I find screaming half naked ski mask waring loons genuinely frighting and im scared for my life, i dont just dislike it.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
There are already laws against indecent exposure, and you would think the cops would love this particular mode of dressing. It means the idiots couldn't run away if they tried. Easy even for a donut-challenged squad-car encased, tazer carrying roid-abusing peace officer to catch.

How much does passing a new law cost? How much to implement? How much to enforce?

Hell, if you get right down to it and you want to fund a city on what laws you pass, just make an all-inclusive law against stupidity and have at it. Unlimited money, lying around everywhere. Make the fines correlate with the level of stupidity and we might have a crack at cleaning out Congress.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Afternoon,

I think as long as decency laws aren't being broken then I don't think anyone should have a say on what an individual should wear on their off-hours except that individual. It's nobody else's business.
Mind you, Toronto allows women to go topless and public breast-feeding so a little underwear isn't such a big deal.
Just sounds like more prisoner acclimation training to me.

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

It was an analogy

The problem isn't the pants, it's the size of the pants.

Like I said, I have no problem with someone being issued a citation for having half their ass hanging out.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

So by the same rationale, long wedding dress's should be banned in public places too?

Actually that makes a strange sense

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I have seen this not just with baggy but saggy skinny jeans as the OP posted about, if you haven't , imagine the 1 up on " ridiculousness " this picture portrays, but I say to each his own, it almost looks like since Tupac started showing the tops of boxers and pretty much introduced "ThugLife" to the world, it just went downhill, no pun, after that.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Biigs

So by the same rationale, long wedding dress's should be banned in public places too?

Actually that makes a strange sense

What about a long wedding dress would you say is offensive?

I'm failing to see the connection between a long wedding gown and pants sagged so low that a dude's underwear is visible in it's entirety.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Not to bring race into this but is it more acceptable for black males to do this than white males? And if white males do it are they trying to act black? Just curious.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Stormdancer777
this?

What the hell, it looks like hes got an adult nappy/dieper on?

How is that even CLOSE to being cool or fashionable or attractive or somthing youd want to leave the damned house wearing?

[edit] Saved another post with an edit: daryllyn i mean that you said the size of the pants was what was the reason, so i compared it to a long wedding dress - which actually is more dangerous than baggy pants (to others)
edit on 13-12-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Yeah, why not. Lets just dress everyone in Hugo Boss Nazi uniforms.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join