It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City Wants Ban on Saggy Pants.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

First!!!

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Eryiedes
A lot of real men weighing in on how baggy pants should be banned or that it's offensive.
Funny how the pulpit goes strangely silent when the subject is a pretty woman in a whale tail with a pair of hip huggers?

-Peace-

You raise a fair point. But I do believe that the phrase "a time and a place" expresses my feelings quite well. I also suspect that your motives in bringing this pointed observation to the forum are not altogether...impersonal.
edit on 13-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

That's me.
The fly in the ointment.

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Utterly ridiculous to ban clothes.... CLOTHES.
They may be crap, look stupid and make us shake our heads.... but BANNING them?? Really.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Religion is not the topic here, so yes, in bringing up such a "hot button" subject as that, you were baiting me with an irrelevant matter. Now, back to the topic at hand...the deplorably prevalent habit of saggy pants in American society.

Okay... Fair enough...

What gives you the moral authority to determine what others should, or shouldn't, wear?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

City Wants Ban on Saggy Pants

I've replied here once already but after a brief exchange with one of my kids... I gotta share.

Here's the idea:

Have a gathering of people... lure them in with a mix of good bands they are attracted to.... rap and country. Mix country rednecks and urban thugs...

Rednecks have been showing the crack of their buttooties for years. Rap thugs just like to expose their nasty drawers.

LOL! Then invite Fox News and MSNBC to compete for the best story.

Sounds like a frontpager to me.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

blupblup
They may be crap, look stupid and make us shake our heads.... but BANNING them?? Really.

It's not the clothes, it's how they are worn.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Eryiedes

First!!!

-Peace-

Yeah yeah yeah....great minds right!?
edit on 13-12-2013 by catfishjoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

BenReclused

Religion is not the topic here, so yes, in bringing up such a "hot button" subject as that, you were baiting me with an irrelevant matter. Now, back to the topic at hand...the deplorably prevalent habit of saggy pants in American society.

Okay... Fair enough...

What gives you the moral authority to determine what others should, or shouldn't, wear?

See ya,
Milt

As I just pointed out to another member, it's not the clothes. It's how they are worn. Just as some consider it impolite to the point of blatant disrespect to wear hats indoors, it's impolite to the point of blatant disrespect to wear your pants so low that wearing a properly fitting shirt would reveal your underwear to anyone within eyeshot.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

It's not the clothes, it's how they are worn.

And??

BS

People wanted to ban punks, leather jackets, skirts, swimming trunks.
You name it, there have been conservative, do-gooders sticking their beaks in where it doesn't belong.

Saggy jeans is a phase, much like most other fashion crazes and will pass with time.
But no... let's BAN and FINE people.... for wearing clothes, because they're not wearing them the traditional way?

Have you people in this thread heard yourselves?

Pathetic.

Looking through at the posters it's funny, because it's the people who are usually "The Government need to stay outta my business" and "Big Government is bad" and all that crap.

*sigh*

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

TheRegal

SLAYER69
I know people have a right to express their individual styles and tastes but saggy pants lack both style and taste.

I wouldn't mind a law that passes that would eliminate the unsightly and offensive spectacle of some guy showing his BVDs especially around children.

Can we ban slicked back hair that looks like it fell out of a 1950s gangster movie, too?

I find it revolting.

Oh and anything else that anyone wears that any single person may find offensive should be banned, too.

We definitely need the government to step in and tell us what to wear. Very important.

What you don't realize is the baggy pants look has serious gang implications. Gangs started wearing baggy pants so handguns are not as visible and it makes it easier to steal.

It is one thing to have another style someone doesn't like, but quite another to follow a fashion that also mirrors gang activities and the fashion itself is derived to hide weapons and burglarize.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
What about plumbers??? They are the masters of ass crack. CRACK KILLS!!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

They should use plumbers putty to fill that crack.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

TheRegal
However, meanwhile at the beach....

Is this a thread to post selfies?
edit on 13-12-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

catfishjoe
m.newson6.com...

Pull your pants up!!!

Tulsa is looking to pass a law banning sagging pants. First time offenders will get a warning and after that its a $25-$50 ticket.

The councilman who came up with the ordinance states it has nothing to do with race and I agree. I see more white boys doing it than blacks. Me, personally, can't stand to see kids dressing like that. Thank god my boy wants skinny jeans....................

It's about damn time.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

blupblup

Banning may be over the top, but they should ban the way they are worn. It's bordering on public indecency with peoples asses hanging out like that. If they'd just pull up their damn pants there would be no outcry.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

guohua
WoW!
It's Not Darwinism and Evolution or a Deformity!

edit on 13-12-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

New Species Discovered.
Referred to as "Homo Slackass-Erectus". Characterized by constant spineless posturng and spasmatic upper limb gestures, which new research has shown to cause shorter legs and an inabillity to ambulate other than in an awkward shuffling galt. The "drag-crotch" shape also seems to affect brain function. Expect no eye contact or intelligent verbal communication. Unfortunately most are highly fertile.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Between the FLOTUS telling kids what they can and can't eat...
Teachers telling kids what they should and shouldn't think...
The State telling kids what they can and can't wear...
State Censors telling kids what they can and can't watch...
Cops telling kids what they can and can't do...
Pop Culture telling kids what they should and shouldn't listen to...
Hollyweird telling kids what's cool and what isn't...
With all these mixed messages it's no wonder they are cruising around playing "Knock Out".
I don't know how they get through a day without exploding.
Baggy pants?
Who honestly cares?
It's the least of your problems in this thing we call life.
If they aren't breaking decency laws it none of your business anyways.
Here's a good solution...

To all who hate the baggy pants:

Don't buy 'em and don't wear 'em...problem solved. Think of it as your own personal protest against bad fashion choices...but banning?
Telling people what they can and can't wear just because you don't like or agree with something that isn't hurting anyone?
Sounds to me as if a good many of you are on the verge of turning into that which you despise most.

-Merry Wednesday-

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Having read the article in question and looked at similar issues the following can be stated:

The sagging pants, pants that are down low as to show the under garments of the person wearing them. Made popular by the whole rap image, started in prisons. What many people fail to understand is that the entire history of the sagging pants, started in prisons, where men would offer sexual services to others, and to advertise such would have their pants down low. It was picked up on the outside by male hustlers and prostitutes and somewhere along the line some rappers found it to be cool and made it a fashion style.

The problem with this, is that the ban will cost the city, county and state that passes such millions of dollars foot by the citizens that live in said city, county and state. There are many defenses to such, and the Supreme court has heard several cases involving a different people wearing clothing that offended someone else, that violated some rule in one way or another and the person wearing said offending clothing has won on the grounds that it is a matter and principle of the freedom of speech. It is very rarely that the person does not win when the courts are involved.

There are 2 ways to deal with the entire sagging pants issue. One is that you either ignore it, or the other is explain patiently to the person who wants to wear said style that such is the advertisement for gay sex.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Eryiedes
Between the FLOTUS telling kids what they can and can't eat...
Teachers telling kids what they should and shouldn't think...
The State telling kids what they can and can't wear...
State Censors telling kids what they can and can't watch...
Cops telling kids what they can and can't do...
Pop Culture telling kids what they should and shouldn't listen to...
Hollyweird telling kids what's cool and what isn't...
With all these mixed messages it's no wonder they are cruising around playing "Knock Out".
I don't know how they get through a day without exploding.
Baggy pants?
Who honestly cares?
It's the least of your problems in this thing we call life.
If they aren't breaking decency laws it none of your business anyways.
Here's a good solution...

To all who hate the baggy pants:

Don't buy 'em and don't wear 'em...problem solved. Think of it as your own personal protest against bad fashion choices...but banning?
Telling people what they can and can't wear just because you don't like or agree with something that isn't hurting anyone?
Sounds to me as if a good many of you are on the verge of turning into that which you despise most.

-Merry Wednesday-

Let's try this again, and I would politely and firmly request that you actually read and absorb this time. It's not baggy pants. It's sagging pants. There is a difference between the two. One has really large and wrinkly legs, but is relatively functional given the presence of a belt or rope to hold them at their designated position on your body. The other sits at or below your knees, requiring the presence of an extra large shirt unless you enjoy broadcasting your preferred brand of undergarment and possibly the genetic disposition of your backside. This state of positioning generally occurs as a direct result of the wearer deliberately refusing to locate or make use of an implement capable of functioning as a belt. Even a grocery bag suffices for this purpose, so it's not difficult to demonstrate respect for the refined tastes of your fellow society by keeping your waist band around your waist. As such, it can be assumed, more often than not, that the lack of such a demonstration is a deliberate snub in the face of social etiquette.

Ergo, the only reason to wear the latter is because you have a highly questionable taste in how you arrange your attire. Note that I said "how you arrange", not "what you buy". If all these saggy pants came with belts or ropes that were prevalently utilized for their intended purpose, this discussion would not be happening. Do you understand now?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join