It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagine fishing with this giant worm!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
YRDEN!! TRAP IT WITH THE YRDEN!!

Beautiful creature, as long as it keeps a safe distance from me.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Lazarus Short
The Spice cannot be far away...Shai-Hulud!
edit on 12-12-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

you must look out for the "spice blow"

sand trout.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

NowanKenubi
When I was young, I was tricked and got one of the smaller ones in my mouth and chewed on it.

A) It DOES NOT taste like chicken,

B) It's like fried brain, without the fried part. It tastes like chewing on your on tenderized snot.

C) Sorry for the mental image. You wanted your ignorance denied. It now is.

That is a scary worm... It must eat fishes...
edit on 12-12-2013 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

you didn't bite off the ends and suck out the middle?

i seen them in dishes, in china.

i'd have to be really really drunk to even THINK about eating them. i'm sure they are good, done right.

not enough beer in Qingdao for that, tho.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Came here to make a Dune reference/joke. I see that you boys are on the job already. Good work.

"Fremen girls do it without rhythm."

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Nobody likes me
everybody hates me
I think I'll go and eat....

What do they taste like? I'll ask my mate Pete, he is from Gippsland and he said something about slicing them in to ringlets and frying them like calamari rings the other day.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
People joke but earthworms are an easy and excellent source of protein in survival situations. The thing to remember is to hold them between 2 fingers and squeeze as you pull the body through to force out whatever is in their digestive tract.
Doesn't taste like chicken, tastes like worms is all I can say.
Not horrible tasting and can be covered up with toothwort or some other spicy plant.
But 9 feet long? Egad!

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I'm glad I'm a vegan, and when I look at it I see a wonderful living creature. The mindset of "it moves, it's alive, I wonder what it tastes like" directly removes a corpsearian from the experience that vegetarians/vegans have of just appreciating a fellow creature and letting it be.

That said, looking at the worm, I'm glad I'm a vegan! If it tastes like chicken or turkey I'd hate to chow down on the dark meat.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Hey, at least we aren't as bad as this guy:

Louis XIV was king of France for over seventy-two years, the longest reign in European history. He ushered in a new era of power and prosperity for the county and defined the term Absolute Monarch.

For some reason, during the French Revolution, peasants broke into the Royal Crypt and stole Louis' mummified heart. We don't know their motives--they're French. Somehow, despite all the rioting and pitchforks and cheese-eating, the heart survived intact and made its way to England.

Eventually it ended up in the hands of the Reverend William Buckland. Of course, Buckland recognized what a rare and precious piece of history he possessed, and donated it to the Museum of-

-Oh wait, no, actually he ate it.

What were they thinking?

Buckland had a thing for eating really exotic cuisine. Among the more interesting things he had dined on were elephant trunk and roast giraffe. By the time the French king's heart came into his possession his palate was pretty jaded. What better to revive the taste buds than some cannibalism?

Oh and it seemed the Reverend had become concerned there might not actually be an afterlife after all, and decided eating a long dead king's heart would help him become immortal. For some #ing reason.

Buckland had the heart prepared for his Christmas dinner. We know he had it slow roasted with a side of beans, but the there is no record of the wine he washed it down with. We're going to assume Chianti.

www.cracked.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Lazarus Short

You just reminded me how amazing that movie was... Ordered this very second so I can bask in it's nerdy glory.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

Nah, that's from Cracked, a very advertising-full paid-writer semi-comedy website. Give me my no advertising satirical uncyclopedia any day, where, actually, you can find my "Corpsearian" article (a word I apparently made up after being irritated that people who eat normal food are labeled "vegetarian" or even worse, the alien sounding "vegan").

On a totally serious note, I've never seen such a large worm and wouldn't mind holding it. The topsoil must be great in its home areas. I have family members who have never walked on good healthy topsoil, where the ground actually will bounce under you.
edit on 30-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

jhn7537
In a survival situation do you believe you'd be able to consume that? Not the whole thing, but enough to help you get by...

I'd like to think I could, I just don't know if I'd be able to get pass the gross factor...

Apparently when you get hungry enough you will eat anything. That is what I have heard.

But, I am ok going the rest of my life without having to test that theory.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

iRoyalty

Lazarus Short

You just reminded me how amazing that movie was... Ordered this very second so I can bask in it's nerdy glory.

I am really surprised they haven't remade it. Especially with CGI now.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
A.K.A Chutchulu bait
Also didn't the really bad gozdilla movie talk about over grown worms?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
man the catfish around this area would love that

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Looks like a small nightcrawler. Good fishing with those here in Texas, but those little ones only catch perch.

/TOA

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This looks like something out of one of those Japanese movies.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

They have

Scifi original

And children of dune

Both great

But books continue to be betterz

They( scifi dune and children of dune) stop just as the tyrant arrives

On topic

Freaky is all i can say

S/f
edit on pm220142808America/ChicagoMon, 03 Feb 2014 20:01:37 -0600_2000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

edit on pm220142808America/ChicagoMon, 03 Feb 2014 20:08:53 -0600_2000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Wow! Creepy stuff, I heard of them before but I've never seen pictures like these. I'd heard they were quite fragile and could easily be damaged by being handled.

I remember seeing a huge earthworm about 5 inches long in a field one time and accidentally stood on it. I felt it squirm through the boot I was wearing which sent a shudder through me. I was already committed to putting my foot down and was too late to avoid it.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by KINGxander

Don't worry you probably just made thousands of other worms

Like the tyrant when he fell in the river

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Now that is one freaky giant worm!
they seem harmless, but I bet they have their mouths filled with thousands of tiny teeth just waiting to burrow into someones (insert human hole of choice here) while camping in their turf.

Ah, it gives me the creepers...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join