It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many people actually question the motive of mainstream music?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
A lot of you keep comparing bands of the 60s-90s with the current line-up of mainstream artists. To me, it feels very different. Yes there are still symbols everywhere, yes there is still this controversial demonic appeal which could very well come down to creativity and image, but something reeks of crap here on a different level, in my opinion.

I'm also reading points that seem to justify that these artists are simply hard working, so good for them, ignoring exactly what these artists are doing to children. You can say that we choose our influences and what culture we're interested in. You can say that, but that doesn't mean that it's true.

When we're bombarded so psychologically with something it infiltrates. Some of us are immune to it, some of us have other outlets and more underground forms of music to reflect on. It's easy to say that it's all about money and nothing more. It likely is, but that doesn't mean that that's absolutely true.

I'm on both sides of the fence, clearly. I understand the logic and almost social necessity of this community to mark all conspiracies as false, but this may not always be the case. At the end of the day we're beneath the system, and we have little idea as to what actually goes on beyond closed doors.

With the introduction of the internet and how far it has come, it isn't in the realm of the impossible to say that there is a direct form of subconscious mind control happening here. Even if its goal is to make us stupid and dependent, or to spend obscene amounts of cash. Even if it isn't a product of TPTB, it's still present, just as it always has been. It's just on a much larger scale now worldwide and is capable of pulling at the hearts of more people than ever before.

With that power of relaying any sort of message or transforming the society in a particular way, there has never been a time better to do so.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

True, but many pop artists do not write all many of their own songs, they are products of the music industry, and the music industry is only interested in one thing (as we can all mostly agree): money.

Then next bit is directed to the thread in general, not specifically you:

I used to write music a LOT, and i wrote what I wanted to write, which would never be mainstream or popular for the most part. Unless I sat down and purposefully wrote a poppy, catchy tune, ear candy for the masses, I would never go anywhere. This is why I respect artists who start out doing own thing (such as Ween). Whether they end up becoming successful is a gamble.

Of course, there has always been "pop" music since records and charts began, because that's what sells, and what people generally want to hear: escapism, stuff they don't want to think about. Luckily, in the 60s we had people who did want to thing more deeply, and the musicians of that time reflected that (doors, floyd, dylan, etc), hence they also got popular, but there was STILL the poppy ear candy that people liked (some meaningless, more or less, or some more poetic).

Always been as such, but now the music industry has evolved and they KNOW how to totally CREATE the product.

Lots of popular bands who might be as popular as the top 40s/hip hop stuff that is so dominant, but plenty of contemporary rock bands who are more or less original and popular and successful.

I am also reminded of (and I really like) Manson. Even though he is commercialized (because successful music is always also commercialized somehow these days, due to merchandise, etc), he is in other ways the antithesis of everything else pop (even though he is also a product, but it seems like he created his product/image instead of being someone else's). Not to mention he is mostly original and extremely intelligent, and knows what he's doing.

I don't think there is a hidden agenda in modern music industry except MONEY (which is corruption and cult-like in itself), and I also think pop music SUCKS.

Image and product sell. It's an artform in itself. People don't want to think, they want escapism and need crap to fill the void in their heads. Hence we have pop music, crap TV, and Crap movies.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Kitora
A lot of you keep comparing bands of the 60s-90s with the current line-up of mainstream artists. To me, it feels very different. Yes there are still symbols everywhere, yes there is still this controversial demonic appeal which could very well come down to creativity and image, but something reeks of crap here on a different level, in my opinion.

For years I denied the negative influence of rap music, I was invested in it. I thought this was a modern thing, the devolution into mediocrity and everything sounding the same, all talking about the same thing.
But there has always been a nefarious element IMO.
Only these days its undeniable.
MOST mainstream artists dont write their own songs, they are performers, which is why they tend not to really have all the money they pretend to have.
The sports cars are hired, the bling is borrowed. The models are paid. All out of the artists tiny slice of the pie.
Tours are paid for by the artist, everything is paid for by the artist.
A record deal is setup so that the "artist" never repays the advance, which is basically a loan by the record label.
Only a very few artists actually repay the advance.
This is the "excuse" given for the quick profit singles, and the decline in albums. Its become about short term gains and not longevity. The bottom line is that its all about ROI(return on investment for the labels).
It used to actually be much more diverse in genres and artists used to write their own songs. That has become the small fraction of what we call pop music these days.
The music industry is dying, people spend time on "devices" these days, they dont have so much time for music, and as such the desperation of the industry to make money has shown their true nature.
Believe me, Ive been in this game for a very long time, I have spoken to well connected people. Its something I have held close to my heart for a very long time. And Im gutted that I feel I have to turn my back on it all.

edit on 201312America/Chicago12pm12pmWed, 11 Dec 2013 17:00:30 -06001213 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Kitora

I hear the same 10-15 songs dozens of times a day on radio at work. Dozens, and this goes on for months until one of these particular artists release a new track. As a result other musicians of all genres go unnoticed and perhaps that's a good thing how the music industry works, and how much it manipulates and sensationalizes things. Essentially stripping who the artist or band was to begin with in most cases.
I hear the same 10-15 songs dozens of times a day on radio at work. Dozens, and this goes on for months until one of these particular artists release a new track. As a result other musicians of all genres go unnoticed and perhaps that's a good thing how the music industry works, and how much it manipulates and sensationalizes things. Essentially stripping who the artist or band was to begin with in most cases.

Wait a minute....
You only realize it now?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Dumbass

Kitora

Wait a minute....
You only realize it now?

Obviously not. Just dawning on me more and more how effed up mainstream culture has become.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

There is a deeper agenda than money, yes financial motive is definitely there but the deeper agenda is control. Mind manipulation through music and other forms of entertainment such as television and movies has been in full effect for quite a long while now since religion doesn't work as well as it used to.

Sure they are getting rich off of it, but they are also programming the masses at the same time.

Look how dumbed down society is now. For example, at work I can rarely have a conversation because people are talking about their favorite reality show, or how that guy from that movie died, but they can care less about the people on the other side of the globe who are suffering on a daily basis in various ways. Heck they can barely give a crap about their neighbor due to the hypnotized state they are in.

In my opinion, that is the deeper agenda, mind control. But yes money is good too.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I am amazed at the amount of people who think it's just about money and dismiss the possibility of a deeper, hidden agenda.

The same people who make the music are friends with the people who run the banks, they could just print more money if they wanted to.

As I said, financial incentives are nice but there is a greater goal at play.

Never mind me, I'm just a crazy conspiracy theorist who knows nothing about this stuff

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Regardless of whether anyone believes there's an ulterior agenda at work, it's undeniable that the overarching symbolism seen in pop culture music is pervasive and esoteric. The Vigilant Citzen website does a really good job at tying those symbols back to their arcane roots.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitora

Well I know an old expression we used for radio stations....

"They need to mix a new tape"

As we would hear the same songs in the same order every single day.
As "tape" refers to a medieval era.... Well thank you for making me feel old

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Corruption Exposed
reply to post by tothetenthpower

There is a deeper agenda than money, yes financial motive is definitely there but the deeper agenda is control. Mind manipulation through music and other forms of entertainment such as television and movies has been in full effect for quite a long while now since religion doesn't work as well as it used to.

Sure they are getting rich off of it, but they are also programming the masses at the same time.

Look how dumbed down society is now. For example, at work I can rarely have a conversation because people are talking about their favorite reality show, or how that guy from that movie died, but they can care less about the people on the other side of the globe who are suffering on a daily basis in various ways. Heck they can barely give a crap about their neighbor due to the hypnotized state they are in.

In my opinion, that is the deeper agenda, mind control. But yes money is good too.

Exactly. What you said is hardly even a conspiracy, just something people seem reluctant to admit. Programming society has gotten a lot easier with our technological advancements and the dominant focus on materialism that exists today. With that said, the internet is also a viable form of defense to awaken people to these things, but who knows if this will take flight on a larger scale. Most people just don't care and don't have the time to care due to their hectic work life.

I think what most people are in agreement on is that there are no aliens or demonic entities weaving these webs, and that the government is likely not sitting in a dark room with chairs alongside a massive table devising these plans. You never know, though. It's just a juicy thought. With the way society is I have to wonder sometimes, then I quickly rid my mind of the thought and call it non-sense.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

OneManArmy

Im a music producer, I have been heavily into music for many many years, so much into it that I became a dj, a beatmaker and later a composer/producer. I have pretty much given up on the whole damn industry since finding out how disgusting the whole damn industry is. The biggest dream and passion I have ever had I have abandoned, the industry goes against everything I believe in and I have to stick with my morals.
I thought the infiltration of "the industry" by the OTO(ordo templis orientis) was a more recent phenomenon, but later learned that maybe it has always been like this, (since the beatles at least).
Apparently, Sergeant Pepper is Aleister Crowley.
The satanic corruption of the music business has moved well beyond covert and is very much "in your face".

I wouldnt mind so much if the music was marketed at adults. But its not, its marketed to pre pubescent children.
We have kids getting pregnant, our kids are being confused by whats being portrayed as "normal", they are being sexualised and brainwashed into believing girls are hoes, and that what you own defines you.
To be successful equates to how hard you "hustle", what car you own, what labels you wear, and how naked you can get to sell records.

Its disgusting, its evil in every sense of the word.

It preaches that money is god.
I think money and material gain is worshipped in this world much more than any biblical or religious "god".
Money really does make the world go around.
"Money, Money, Money..In a rich mans world" - The Eurythmics.

Money is THE epitome of "anti-christ".
And pop music preaches its gospel.

I agree with you. I've heard a number of radio guests in both music an hollywood talking about the occult control structure influencing pop culture, as far back as the 60's at least. It's part of the CIA's mind control program. There's a lot of dirty stuff going on in the biz behind the scenes, things like ritualized pedophelia and such. Mark Dice has a lot to say on the subject. Tons of videos on YouTube.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
As a musician, I can honestly say that a fair chunk of mainstream music is just utter trash. Take my visit to the gym yesterday...Some piece of crap song was on there that just had a repetitive word (couldn't even make it out) that kept going on and on and on whilst some boring beat and lame keyboards played. In my mind, there are a lot of songs out there that do use hypnotic qualities with repetitive words/phrases.

Then you have great songs that were made in the 80's for example which have had the best bits/riffs stripped out and used on some lame dance song. It saddens me that the vast majority of teens/young adults don't know the original (and vastly better) song that it came from. They just think "oh wow...have you heard that new song by ?"

Sure, there is a definite large percentage of this that is purely about the money and making as much as they can off a song but with the imagery and lyrics etc used in a lot of mainstream music....I think things have gone up a notch from the days when I was a teen. As a result, so many young people are not being exposed to actual quality music. They just hear crap like Miley and lame rappers going on about gangsta lifestyles.

Give me Public Enemy anytime. They had great messages and spoke about things that are still relevant today.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitora

I recently always question the mainstream music and always ask to myself you call that Music? honestly the way the music industry has being going is rather quite ridicules.
edit on 11-12-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
It's money, sure it feeds the agenda. It's more than that there's subtle agenda, whether Katy Perry dancing in support of Obama's administration while "banning her GOP parents from attending Her Obama Inauguration" or the said Illuminati influence to the kittens riddled throughout the mainstream pop, rap and rock. Not to leave out country in it's popularity, it has it's conservative agenda, but due to the current admin there's more leaning agenda towards the above genres.
edit on 11-12-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kitora

Music is more about business then pleasure now. Mainstream music is all about marketing, viral marketing, Public relations, focal groups, sponsorship...the music takes the backseat.

Just take a look at the winner of Australias X factor:

Looks familiar?

That's because the votes are mostly determined by teeny boppers. And because teeny boppers are the target demographic, This guy got more exposure then the other competitors, no matter how talented they were.

That could explain the reason why music is becoming so generic nowadays, a simple beat and samples holds up pretty well when image is the focal point. There are some worthy musos in the charts nowadays, but they are overshadowed by constant bombardment from the manufactured musicians.

Personally I haven't willingly tuned into the charts for years. The last time I did Tenacious D's 'Tribute' was right up there.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I'm going to jump right an say it from the get go, then proceed with my ideas and criticisms. Here goes...

The Illuminati is this secret organization that takes it's directions from Lucifer. One of it's tools for psychological confusion and weakening of humanity is through the popular music industry. There, i got that out of the way. Now here are the reasons.

1) I always here that there only objective is to make money. Sex sells. Violence sells. Materialism sells. Senseless love sells. Inner emotional indulgence sells. That's why they have made this subject matter encompass the whole mainstream music industry. It's what the people want, and they are simply selling to them. I, and logic, and any thinking person says no. There are plenty of angles to the human psyche, all equally capable of becoming primary operative in our minds. There is no proof that human's will naturally acclimate towards violence and sex for enjoyment. That is something that is dependent on culture. We as humans can adapt to and enjoy anything; if you take the average entertainment medium to plenty of other parts of the world, it will horrify those inhabitants. There was a time were the sex and violence within our entertainment culture offended most of American society, while some were unsure of it's budding proliferation. Even men were put off by half naked women on billboards. Now today, it is the normal. Shocking no one at just how much shallow subject matter makes up entertainment, especially music.

They can sell us anything. Marketing and exposure is what will determine it's success. They can make the same amount of money selling us positivity, compassion, awareness, anything. If it has a million dollars, commercials and billboards behind it, it will sell. If something is advertised ta a society that hangs on the evrey word of the TV and radio, and they say this is the next big thing, it will sell. They want to sell us sex and violence.

2) So all of a sudden, out of nowhere, everybody likes the Illuminati? This shadowy secret organization that controls everything for it's own nefarious purposes? People are intrigued by the thought of there favorite rapper being a devil worshiper, and that's why ALL of the big name pop artists inundate all of their material with the symbols and lyrics? So why do all of these artists feel the need to make mess with their loyal fans heads by making them wonder if they worship the devil, or are apart of the Illuminati? For what reason? So you mean to tell me they are not able to market anything else that will catch a wider audience, instead of just Illuminati membership and devil worship?

"Iv'e made it! I got signed to a major record label! Now you know what would get everybody talking about me and wanting to buy my albums? Satan! Ha! They're so gullible..." < This x ALL of the mainstream pop artists. Does that makes sense?

Since when has devil worship and Illuminati become so cool and popular? So the kids of today are so rebellious and wild that they like Satan and the Illuminati, which has the entertainment industry putting these symbols and lyrics everywhere, having kids buy lil Wayne and Justin Beiber's album? Out of a million things to catch everyone's imagination with, they want us to imagine our favorite artists being into the devil?

Did we just start liking these symbols by ourselves? From childhood? Because these symbols are in children's media also.

So do the little children think these symbols cool? Or are adults putting them in there to get them to think that they are cool? The fact that these symbols are so prevalent in KIDS CARTOONS should make this whole thing suspicious from the start, but people will keep reasoning and downplaying.

3) And then we always here some bullcrap like "you can find whatever you want if you look hard enough. It means nothing." Or "There are all kinds if signs for all kinds of things already everywhere." Right. Let's examine this with an analogy.

If we see any number in TV programs, comics, books, movies, fashion or company logos, it will mean nothing. There numbers, and they are used all over for whatever. If i find the numbers 1-10 in all the above mediums, that would only show a bit of repetition, and lack of imagination on that particular company's part. So for that, they were just following the trend. There would be nothing to classify it as something to be observant of. Now if i find a specific set of numbers, arranged in the same consistent orders, say 39620/96203/62309/09236, in all the above mediums, everywhere, all the friggin time, then wouldn't that be a specific pattern there? Shouldn't that elicit some suspicion? The same goes for these occult symbols. Then let's add that all of the symbols have been in American mass media entertainment since not long after it's inception and that they are all part of the same overarching subjects (Satanism, Occultism, Illuminati). That makes it undeniably strange.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kitora

Being a hip hop artist (truth, underground, conscious, revolutionary music. not the mainstream garbage) I would agree with most that it boils down to the $$$. HOWEVER, we need to look at the control over the industry. There are 6 or 7 MAJOR labels in the industry, with many sub-labels signed under them. Who owns these labels? The ROCKEFELLER family. One of the 13 bloodlines. It is my firm belief that the illuminati runs the music industry and the artists make the big bucks because they abide by the rules and play the game. I have been making music for the past 5 years and am working on my 6th album. At this point I am well aware of the stranglehold the Rockefeller empire has over the industry and see the message being projected to the youth. I am more aware of the psychological manipulation of the masses now more than ever. The independent scene will take the game over when the majority wakes up to it.

Good thread BTW, thanks for reading my 2 cents. S & F, Enjoy a track or two of mine if you would like. My first 3 albums are up for free. If you enjoy, I would be happy to send links. Message me.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
If I was a big musical star, and I wanted to further my bank account with youtube.

I'd put a whole bunch of Satanic symbols so I can get thousands and thousand of Christians or theorists to think I'm some devil worshiper.

So they can write their comment as much as they want, so i can get paid. It worked for Soulja Boi, since his music so bad....He got millions of rejectful and hateful comments about his work...while get paid a quater for each comment on any of his videos since he made a deal with youtube. What a genius, doesn't even have to try to make a buck. Or no different then saying Nicki minaj stupid hoe video was stupid...on youtube...Big bucks with that record.

Maybe I should do a Music video...Naked with a wrecking ball.

...Worked for miley cyrus.

O wait somebody beat me to it.
edit on 12-12-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Kitora

2 Words......"Supply & Demand"

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitora

i was just talking about this exact thing with my friend last night. as far as im concerned everything on the radio is terrible and there is so much good music out there. makes you wonder how bad of taste people have to just eat all that crap up and make it as popular as it is.

not sure about any conspiracies. majorly over hyped to the point where you put the radio on and its the same song you just heard a few minutes ago. yes.

they are turning people into zombies with the same poop music all day. maybe thats the agenda.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join