It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Plans.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Well, Bush does have a legitamite claim at #11, you can only be ELECTED to two terms of office, but since he stole the first term, not elected, then he does have the chance to go for another term.
I think it means AFTER the 8 years he's serving.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
There won't be a "draft", the republicans are good at changing the rules to suit there interests. The are currently pushing heavy recruiting in the poorest neighborhoods. It's a tactic, kill the economy and people start siging up to serve since they can't find jobs, this is happening already. When time comes to increase troops in January, they will start a new program with a clever name, but we will know it's just a draft by another name.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Well, Bush does have a legitamite claim at #11, you can only be ELECTED to two terms of office, but since he stole the first term, not elected, then he does have the chance to go for another term.
I think it means AFTER the 8 years he's serving.

If this happens Bill Clinton should also be allowed to run, guess who would win that one.
Clinton vs. Bush (W) not even a contest.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlabamaCajun
There won't be a "draft", the republicans are good at changing the rules to suit there interests. The are currently pushing heavy recruiting in the poorest neighborhoods. It's a tactic, kill the economy and people start siging up to serve since they can't find jobs, this is happening already. When time comes to increase troops in January, they will start a new program with a clever name, but we will know it's just a draft by another name.

Better yet get the poor kids from the inner cities with police records and give them the choice, served or go to jail.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Well, Bush does have a legitamite claim at #11, you can only be ELECTED to two terms of office, but since he stole the first term, not elected, then he does have the chance to go for another term. Anyways, they are all problems, just because the cheese eating surrender monkeys don't want to go to war with a verb doesn't mean we should "starve" them of oil. Gay illegal? Ok....... move to the bible belt if not already there, also tell me how much a new buck slave(male slave) costs down there, hate shoveling snow. Creation taught in schools? IT IS RELIGON! NOT A SCIENCE! So it does not belong in a public school. Well, bye.

Tell me, If this is the truth...then why go through with the election. Me I would have written an Executive order and ruled forever!!!!!! Except for the Illegal Immagration Amnesty...I agree with Bush. Personally...I think all illegals need to be rounded up and deported! You ask, who would do those jobs?!?!? Well maybe make the pricks on welfare do those jobs...They want a check...get off your ass and work. You don't like it...better yourself. I'm willing to help someone better themselve. more than I'm willing to send them a check to sit on their ass!!! I'm sorry that some of the language I've used may not be appropriate...But it's the truth!!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia
Dgtempe,
2 out of the last 16 posts on this thread seem to indicate a "bash Bush" tone. Please say something positive about the President, and ill say you were not Bush bashing.

He has a better haircut than "The Donald".

I found something!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Marg says (in jest i believe),

Better yet get the poor kids from the inner cities with police records and give them the choice, served or go to jail
Well lets rephrase this some
level of poverty makes no differance here....if were talking about offering people of draft age to serve out their sentance for crimes committed thru millitary service, or rot in prison, i say this is a GREAT idea.
Here's why,
As a journalist in Philly, more young people are killing each other EVERY DAY in my viewing area alone that soldiers die in iraq. Just yesterday, Camden NJ, (a mile across the bridge from here) was elected the USA's most violent city. (beating out Detriot which has a bad reputation for referance about what were talking about)

This country will lose thousands more citizens to violent crime nationwide than we will even come close to in Iraq. These wasted, gang-banginG youths, some as young as 13 that roam the streets at 3am and end up killing an innocent person because they missed their intendedtarget for their drive by shooting, really need something to help straighten them out. Millitary service seems harsh, yet compare that life to prison.
Now tell me where these youths best option to become productive citizens AND serve their debt to society are....millitary or prison?

I dont feel that asking young adults (were talking 18+) to give something back to the society that gives them many freedoms and oportunities, certantly the ones causing serious crimes need guidance.
I dont fear the draft, i fear gun toting youth with nothing better to do that rob, murder, and terrorize their OWN NEIGHBORHOODS as well as others.
Give these thugs something positive to do and see not only how much can be accomplished, but how many of these people will turn themselves around. (unlike going to jail where recivitism is high)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join