It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHALLENGE: Prove That You Are NOT God

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Here's a free-shot folks. this'll be my most belligerent OP to date, and is intended more as an experiment than anything, but You have the advantage here..

You have all of the "holy books" and "not-so-holy-books" to cite from, every philosopher in history, and essentially every major idea or theory conjured by man is at your disposal on the internet (and you would think God would plant some good arguments/evidence to prove me wrong here..)

My only source or reference is my knowledge of our condition being two beings, looking at different screens, in different parts of the world, different histories, different DNA, different thoughts.. How could these two beings simultaneously be God..?

the points that I'm suggesting are short and simple:

1.) The conscious awareness behind your eyes, behind your brain, is the mind of God..

2.) Your body is the oldest, most advanced biological technology available, designed exactly for your purposes and modified to fit your needs as life progresses.

3.) the entire Universe is simply God (You), turned inside-out..

4.) The only reason that your are not omniscient and all-powerful is because You have decided not to.. or at least until you DO, in which case we have these supposed "holy men" and shamans who learn to tap into their true potential and perform amazing feats.. but also notice that many people who do reach this level hardly dabble with these abilities, because to do so is to attempt to "rise above" their fellow incarnations of God, and impede upon Your Will (upsetting the balance.. which is ultimately impossible to do)

5.) You are not invincible because, again, you don't have Faith that you are.. or until you do..

Think about your past..

chances are that you haven't lived an entirely danger-less life, and purely by your own wits, "luck", and "fate", you have lived to see today.. a car COULD come through your house at any moment, hobos with shotguns invade your workplace.. how do You go on?? Well, the only moment that exists (Now) is infinitely divisible and expansive, so to take risks in life is to truly LIVE and to live in fear to essentially be the WALKING DEAD.. to say we are or aren't immortal is merely a matter of definition..

6.) Death is only as real as Birth, both of which are not actual memories or events to the individual dying/being born, and hence are illusions and a source of misplaced fear.. again, because the moment of Now is infinitely divisible, we CAN say that a moment of TRUE joyful happiness IS "eternal salvation" and "living with God in heaven", just as a moment of REAL misery and sorrow and no direction IS "eternal Hellfire"..

7.) The words of Jesus outline these points exactly and was perhaps too ambitious in trying to find a middle-ground between Judaism, Buddhism, and Hinduism, and ultimately failed in doing so because the result has been that of creating a religious movement (Christianity) which denies other modes of thought BECAUSE they have been told that "all of the core philosophical ideas you need to know, are in THIS book" and this has led to a rejection of a million other sources which present many of the same ideas as in the bible, but in a different context that might be easier to comprehend.

All i know about You, is that You are a person front of a computer screen, somewhere on Earth (probably), possibly with the mindset of a Christian, Jew, Brahman, Buddhist, Occultist, but despite any solidified conceptions You have of Yourself and your "belief systems", i am asserting that ALL people do have a concept of an ultimately "superior" deity or a state-of-mind which is essentially doing all of the planning and "pulling of strings" ..

..and that deity-mind is You.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HyphenSt1

Your body is the oldest, most advanced biological technology available, designed exactly for your purposes and modified to fit your needs as life progresses.

Not quite, we have a symbiote inside of us that is older than we are and responsible for a great many of the biological processes that keep us alive.

Mitochondria, the powerhouses of the human cell, are passed to offspring only from the mother. Dad's mitochondria are used to propel those sperm toward the egg. Mitochondria have their own DNA, and their own system of replication and translation; they reproduce by simple binary fission. Sort of like a bacterium.

That's why Lynn Margulis, in 1970, proposed that they--and chloroplasts--were independent organisms that genetically modified existing cells by taking up permanent residence in their hosts.

www.geneforum.org...

It's their world, we just live in it.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I have just attempted to create an entire universe, complete with a custom set of physical laws.

I failed.

I am not God.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Everyone eventually proves they are not God; they just can't tell you so after they have proved it. They are dead.
edit on 10-12-2013 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWrightWing

I have just attempted to create an entire universe, complete with a custom set of physical laws.

Did you actually imagine it? which laws were customized, and in which ways were other laws changed? did you follow this creation for it's own sake, or to argue with my point..?

whatever the context, your creation WAS real, despite the condensed lifespan and shallow motives for creating it.

Imagination and thought are just as real to the individual as the "consensual universe" is to the masses..
what is question here is a matter of conveying your universe to the perspective of "another" universe.. since it is redundant to speak of different UNIverses, it is an infinitely ripe and boundless system, full of potential, and we are each experiencing/portraying different aspects of it..

I failed.

I am not God.

Were God truly Omni-powerful, He would also be capable of deciding to "fail" and "de-throne" Himself..

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Jesus said "the kingdom of God is within you". He said it wasn't here or there but within each of us so what man did with his interpretation of Jesus words and with the Bible ( thousands of years later) is in error. Man is in error.

What is a kingdom? Where one resides? We have mostly water. Water = spirit. God's spirit is within each of us.

I wish each and every person would not be a follower and really lead them self through the Biblical texts instead of relying on another's interpretation ( like a preacher) to be the "law".

It's obvious we are not God. We lack certain attributes even though we can create and procreate. We are in error and until the error is deleted from his-story we will be limited.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

yamammasamonkey
Everyone eventually proves they are not God; they just can't tell you so after they have proved it. They are dead.
edit on 10-12-2013 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

That my dear which you imply is immortality of the body, not of the conciousness, the energy(spirit) which exsists within us. Just like the wind one can not see unless it is polluted, just like sound until technology was able to advance we were not able to see or measure. Soon enough they will discover a way to prolong life to immortality, just hope that day never comes until after humanity wakes up and brings world peace..

The basic circle of life insist on a never ending cycle of energy, you die worms eat you birds eat the worms cats& birds eat the birds.. etc.. etc.

That is physical energy transference.

Examples of non physical transference would be, deja vu. Ever have an idea, a concept, that you decide to let slip away, then weither it be a few days, weeks, year that idea resurfaces in someone else? Or maybe you have a 'hunch' on something that you can't prove but later can when you grab say the internet.

I use to live at this house, a few blocks away. Knew nothing of the origional owners, when it was built the full nine. But one night, laying in my bed (weird crap happened; terrified me to be honest; but i'm going to pass that off as 'sleep paraylsis') Well anyway, I wound up getting a 'hunch' reguarding the person who built the house, the first name, even what rank in the military he was. So after awhile I wrote this stuff down, and started searching on google for information, sure enough it was all there every bit of it. Nothing freaked me out more then to know that the life of this man that owned the house was so exact to the T, there was 1 difference between everything. I thought his name was Kevin, but it was Bevin.. but considering the circumstances of everything else that lined up I let that slide. B and K can easily be confused.

I shared so much of this with friends, even they got a bit freaked out. Including photo's which they could see a man and a woman holding a child. Every one of them - sadly I don't have them now or I would post them. Especially when I wound up telling them what part of the 'military' this man was. He did massive experiments on the local public here (which explains the closed down phsyc ward (something else I didn't know exsisted in this town) that was built during the same time the house was, no later then 5 years.

That I would consider transference of spiritual energy, its the most freaky crap in the world but i believe it does exsist, and honestly x.x I rather not have any part of it. When it happened I actualy went to the nearest mental health place and was like dude lock me up throw away the key i've gone completely insane. I have witnesses to this too, I was that freaked out about the occurance because althou i've goten impressions like that b4, never that exact and solid and never something that I was instantly able to prove with my own eyes.

Sometimes people aren't ready to handle the powers that open the mind, even when they think they are. This would be why those that wind up finding out they have these 'powers' back down and hide. Because if you could instantly know the entire world in a split second, all the answers that you have ever pondered, it could do serious harm to you and to others. Thus they 'dabble' a little at a time in such arts of perception, to increase understanding and still be able to close the door.

I thought I was ready myself, even that bit of information had me believing I was completely mental. Thou the doctors said I didn't show any signs I was just a little worked up and spooked.

But there is physical proof about the ability to access these powers. It requires the 'speed up or proper running' of the brain, many drugs are pumped into our food, water, and even taken willingly that 'slows' the brain down. Example Melatonin (spelling is off), pills for labotomy which were origionally designed not to treat patience but to convert beings back to their most primative stages surviving on instinct for study.

The person who can revert a human back to 'cave man' style behavior would be the most wealthiest person in the world scientifically speaking. DeEvolving - the most dangerous force mankind meddles in like searching through a pin-yata for that snickers candy bar.

(just in case people ask - polluted? simple explination, cold nights warm breath, smoke from a cigarette, small pollutions can reveal the 'wind', but it doesn't reveal the entire 'wind itself' as it is to large for such a small amount. It would be more trail tracking, cept often the trail is mixed in with the wind itself thus.. i could sit here and try to explain it further but hopefully one would get the idea)
edit on 10-12-2013 by BlackArrow because: pollution comment

Several experiments you can try to test this, to see for yourself is simply blow smoke into a jar and close it, the air is stationary so eventually the smoke will fall. If you don't believe wind/air can be stationary, go with the cute little cloud experiment, fill a soda bottle with maybe a cup or two of water light a match drop it in and immediately close the lid b4 the match hits the water to trap as much of the heat inside of it. Then give it a good shake, and wait. A small cloud will form, now as we know clouds 'move' due to the air current.
Without it trying to run into the walls should prove that air can be stationary.
edit on 10-12-2013 by BlackArrow because: experments you can do

edit on 10-12-2013 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

HyphenSt1

Were God truly Omni-powerful, He would also be capable of deciding to "fail" and "de-throne" Himself..

Are you saying that God is capable of creating a rock so heavy that He cannot lift it?

Did Philosophy 101 class let out early, at the community college located in that strip mall?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
God = All

Therefore
All = Sum of Parts of God

So this indicates:
You = Part of God

Expressed Mathematically:

1 / ∞

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I would consider that the cause of free will. To do or not to do, the question is why doesn't he want to at that point. Not so much that he can't.

To prove my point 'try' to pick up a glass, pen or object near you. Should it wind up in your hand then you have succeeded. Should it not then you have failed. If you can't reach it then you have failed, because the end result is what matters not the on and off switch on weither or not you actually got up, walked over to it, picked it up.

In binary, something is either on or off, 1 and 0. Same goes for weither a person will do something or won't.
Example of binary on/off & trying for a test..
0 - Study
0 - Homework
1 - Bad grades.

If Study = 0 + Homework equal 0 then Bad grades = 1

1- Study
1- Homework
0 - bad grades

If study = 1 + homework = 1 then bad grades = 0

(granted i could go into a dramatically larger example for every detail but.. honestly I don't want to, cause considering the effort of 'trying' to do something, with the basic on and off for steps taken which equal results that part of it is common sense)

edit on 10-12-2013 by BlackArrow because: update

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

You create the universe whenever you look up into the sky. Every single star you see, you create within your mind. Everything you see on Earth is also created within your mind. We are both the creator and creation. Without your mind nothing exists, if you are dead nothing exists. We as a collective create the universe and we as a collective are God.

That's not limited to just humans either, "we" includes all of life throughout the entire universe. If there is no consciousness to see the universe then the universe ceases to exist in any meaningful way because there is nothing to observe it.
edit on 32011414CST323 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I can't change the buttons around on ATS and make the website more universal and non-discriminating... I can't put the logo in the center either to help aid my hemispherical adaption.

I am definitely not God...

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

SisyphusRide
I can't change the buttons around on ATS and make the website more universal and non-discriminating... I can't put the logo in the center either to help aid my hemispherical adaption.

I am definitely not God...

That is what sony said when they got hacked
So in theory you just don't have the know how to do it, just because you don't know the steps that you must take in order to do that doesn't prove that you can not. Imagioning is the first step, acting is the 2nd.

In order for your 'world' to become a reality to you, you too must play your part. You must provide ness influence to expand your world. Just creating something is not enough to maintain it.

You can plant a tree, but without water it will die.

Good person to look into would be Tesla, he imagioned his designs, built them he has over 2,000 patents still in use today. He thought it, drew it(sometimes, usually he kept designs in his mind), built it, tested it, and maintained it, in each and everyone of his designs. All inventors start off with an idea followed by the actions and learning the steps needed to get there.

uh.. i should add this statement... for safety procautions.. XD
I AM NOT TELLING ANYONE TO HACK ATS or any other website . XD
I am not responsible.. if you do take the steps needed and get a bad outcome x.x

edit on 10-12-2013 by BlackArrow because: lol

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackArrow

ah screw this site... I'm getting ready to go back to the other one where the avatars are on the opposite side of the screen like they should be!
edit on 10-12-2013 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

CHALLENGE: Prove That You Are NOT God

Easy. I don't have "moderator" as a title.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

*sorry, couldn't resist. Nothin' but love mods, nothin' but love.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

i am asserting that ALL people do have a concept of an ultimately "superior" deity or a state-of-mind which is essentially doing all of the planning and "pulling of strings" ..

Eh...define "planning". My idea is of a fractal machine that feeds into itself over and over and over again. It's not something that consciously happens, but rather like a river flowing along a crack in the earth. It doesn't choose, it simply acts according to its nature and responds to circumstances in that mode of behavior.

So I would disagree, but I like the way you think. S&F
edit on 10-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

quote " Well, the only moment that exists (Now) is infinitely divisible and expansive"
I had thought that time can only be divided to the -33 power or something like that and that matter loses locality when you hit to the -44 power ...peace

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

i am asserting that ALL people do have a concept of an ultimately "superior" deity or a state-of-mind which is essentially doing all of the planning and "pulling of strings" ..

Eh...define "planning". My idea is of a fractal machine that feeds into itself over and over and over again. It's not something that consciously happens, but rather like a river flowing along a crack in the earth. It doesn't choose, it simply acts according to its nature and responds to circumstances in that mode of behavior.

So I would disagree, but I like the way you think. S&F
edit on 10-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

We've all heard stories in the past from countless witnesses of a woman stopping/lifting a bus so it wouldn't hit her baby that was in a stroller that got loose. Under 'normal' circumstances this woman is repeatedly unable to do it that's why so little pictures exsist if any. Even 'gods' in history (especially greek like hercules) have done things that would seem impossible lift boulders, slay the beast, gods, and thus is how they became myths and legends because of stories that were told of people able to muster up the unthinkable.

The prime reason for unlocking 'the beast within', is to be able to efficently activate and control these powers. Is for 'super soldiers' and advanced military. Had this woman 'planned' that day made a concious decision to stop a bus from hitting her baby she would of failed because it was instant harnessed powers within her released on impulse that permitted her to save her child.

Not everything in life can be planned, and most *strengths* do not come from planning, especially with good intentions. The desire to succeed has to come from your entire being not just your mind (aka mind, body and soul).

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
My girlfriend doesn't change much in looks between lives. She's always blonde hair blue eyes. Blonde hair blue eyes are not prime ape traits.

My other girlfriend is a master energy body because she's female it makes sense that being the mother she is the root.

The other girlfriend looks like me with minor differences. But we don't look like twins by any means. Just look like we could be brother sister. Which would make sense that her soul is very connected to me.

So it makes sense I'am not god since my girlfriends have god traits. And I do not have blonde hair blue eyes. And I change from life to life.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackArrow

I have a list of contentions with theism, one of the most prominent of which is the definition of the word "god". By which I mean, there is none. "God" has no clear cut definition, only a perspective. Each theistic organization has its own definitive understanding mired in vague and abstract euphemisms designed to lend that understanding a flexibility which caters to the purpose for which they have adhered to such a philosophy. Simply speaking, the god is defined by the follower, which is why the follower has chosen that god. If it turned out that the Christian god in fact hated anyone who wasn't homosexual, covered in tattoos, and a chronic alcoholic, how many Christians would continue to swear their souls in allegiance with that entity?

When the term "god" first came about in its original incarnation, it meant nothing like what it means today. Gods of cultures long dead and mostly forgotten were relatively feeble and finite in comparison to gods of today. That strikes me as a curious observation, given that gods aren't supposed to change. Not only that, but gods aren't supposed to have limits either. And yet you see limits in Quetzlcoatl, Thor, Athena, Krishna, Buddha, and all sort of other deities. They apply to very specific qualities and no other. So another question I feel is very much worth asking is, why were deities changed from something resembling superpowered aliens to omnipotent abstract entities which no definitive source or nature? How did that happen?

Basically, the whole contrast clearly outlines the purposes for which the evolution of "gods" took place. Set side by side, you can see the self-serving motives behind the evolution and the childish fantasies which drove the application of today's mystical qualities as ascribed to such beings. Any psychologist worth their salt can see it like black print on white paper, and any general worth their salt can observe the blatant tactics employed in the construction and deployment of such characters.

I have a natural affinity for spotting patterns, so once I have observed a pattern, you can't hide it from me, no matter how much BS you slather on top of it. And these patterns are as transparent to me as the whole "eternal life" shtick. You can disregard my explanation, but anyone willing to pick up a psychology book and study the military strategies of successful warlords will easily discern the correlations. It might make you uncomfortable, and it might shake your faith, but if all you're interested in is a comfortable fantasy, then I gotta say...you need to raise your standards. Not even kidding.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join