It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukrainian Police Brutalize Peaceful Protesters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I haven't seen anything like this since the Egyptian uprising and am surprised this has not been posted here yet as it's quite the footage. It's not very often that I find myself almost speechless.

All I can say is OMG!

(Graphic but not too graphic)

In this shocking example of police brutality we see at least a dozen police officers severely beat one protestor and attack many others during a pro-EU demonstration. The footage was released by the Ukrainian TV station, Dytynets. The incident took place on October 4th in Ukraine. Please be aware that this brutality may be difficult to watch.

Incidents like these are one of the many reasons that people from the world fear the police instead of seeking their help and protection. Personally, I don’t think anyone deserves to be treated like the victims in this video, especially people who are exercising their right to protest.

topworldpost.com...

I bet they wouldn't be so tough without their weapons and riot gear.

As for the title saying "Peaceful Protesters" I cannot vouch for everyone at that protest, but the people being beaten were not deserving of their treatment, no one is deserving of that!

Peace.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Well at least they don't train with assault rifles like our "protectors" do. I feel sorry for that guy though, I wonder if he survived.

Here's a picture:

publicintelligence.net...

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

I fear what the outcome would have been if those crazed maniacs WOULD have had been using assault rifles, the aftermath would have been much worse for sure.

Those weapons in your picture appear to be fake/replicas or is my eye-sight deceiving me?

Either way, the whole world is a police state. It doesn't matter where you're at.

Unfortunately this happens too often in too many places.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

The picture I showed is of the training exercises. The guns are plastic, in a real case scenario they would not be.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
What amazes me ... is that people don't see this same scenario playing out in the USA's near future. Why do you think the 'police farce' has become so militarized?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Strange how the first wave seem to be mindless psychopaths and the fellows after seem concerned about the poor sod that got the beating.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CallYourBluff

Thankfully for the victim some of the officers were able to put an end to the beating and hopefully get him some medical attention.

The pigs who did the beating probably got away squeaky clean regardless of the ongoing investigation, but I hope justice will be served. Part of me thinks that the launched investigation is just damage control and public relations.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CallYourBluff

I think this is because the police in the front line are scared, I'm playing devils advocate here but put yourself on the front line of the police, you have a hoard of shouting, angry people throwing things at you etc, you are going to be pretty nervous. Now, not condoning these actions what so ever, because I think they were sick but the front liners will be pumped full of adrenaline, probably not thinking straight and locked into fight or flight and obviously they are going to fight. This would explain why they seemed to slowly get more 'compassionate' towards the back lines.

Still though, this is a nasty situation, that person was not a threat and to me it seems like the police were not trained to stay cool under high pressure and it showed.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

I understand and respect that you do not condone these actions...

I think this is because the police in the front line are scared, I'm playing devils advocate here but put yourself on the front line of the police, you have a hoard of shouting, angry people throwing things at you etc, you are going to be pretty nervous

It is their job, they get paid to be put on the front line, where hoards of angry people may end up throwing things at you. I'm not saying it's right to act like this towards the police, but it does not excuse their actions. If myself as a regular Joe, were to be "scared and nervous" and act like that, I would not be able to use those excuses in my defense.

Once again, I acknowledge you are playing the Devil's Advocate, I just wanted to address that one point which is that no matter what was going through their heads at that time, these actions are inexcusable and that these people are most likely not regular nice people who just happened "to lose their cool" as a one time thing. I'm assuming here, but I'm confident that the thugs in the video are in a habit of acting like this.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Well the reason anyone develops aggressive mentalities is usually because they have been exposed to it, to be exposed to it for the first time would have been very scary, to eliminate this fear they hit back. I'm not saying all those police officers were abused as children! However, you're probably right, there is one thing that makes people also act aggressively, other than fear; that is power (of course!).

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

Front LInes?

That's a good one, these guys were so far back in the pack they were afraid they would miss out on all the fun.
Anybody and I mean ANYBODY that was close enough for them to hit would have been.
These guys get all amped up fearing the worst then when there's no danger they unleash it all on some poor bastard like this guy who didn't run fast enough.
He probably thought "I'm not doing anything illegal, the cops have no reason to molest me".

Let me say that I don't equate riot squads with regular police patrols.
Many of these guys are army reservists and other non-LEO.

Yes, I have seen riot cops get stomped too but they were certainly in no danger here and the sheer number of them - good God, they probably outnumbered the protesters.
Those in power are dreadfully afraid the public will learn all about their corruption and want to see some justice served. The more afraid they are the harder the riot squads crack down.

Eta: I counted at least 50 hits and kicks (some of them doing it will all their might) to that man and no doubt he got even more when the camera wasn't on him. That's more than a hit per second. Brutal, simply brutal.
edit on 8-12-2013 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Please don't get me wrong, I was in NO WAY trying to justify the actions of those riot police, I am just trying to provide the other side of the argument!

I feel like even if you are in that high adrenaline situation you should be able to understand who is a threat and who is not. IMHO I feel like the police were fired up, they glorified the potential of violence and all the police were hungry for some action. It looked like they were looking for someone to attack, so as soon as they saw one police officer hit that protester, it kind of opened the door for all the others to go for it too.

Police trained in dealing with potentially violent and destructive mobs (not saying these people were, but that is the justification for riot police) should been trained better than that.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Great observation!

That victim was no threat, and it appears that they were just looking for people to beat on.

He was at the wrong place at the wrong time ...

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Wow, that pretty graphic! And to think there are people here in the states who think the police are brutal. I don’t think a lot of Americans realize how good they really have it. People have NO problem talking about the few cops that over reach their authority. Can you imagine if ALL the police were beating the $h!t out of you for expressing your right to free speech and protest? I think Americans need to learn how to be grateful. It could be much much worse....

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

This quote will sum up how I feel about your post.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere"

~ Martin Luther King Jr.

To be honest, it's pretty bad in the states too...that guy in the video only got beat, how many civilians have been shot dead by police since 9/11? The answer is over 5,000...

www.mintpressnews.com...

Sorry if this sounds rude, but it appears that you embrace your enslavement.

Many Americans need a wake up call.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Sorry if this sounds rude, but it appears that you embrace your enslavement.

Many Americans need a wake up call.
That is why I make every effort to get out there to wake Americans up...

Protests

I have been in the process on starting a new movement..."Overpasses for Americans United against Tyranny". I won't go into the details, but in general, it's about ALL AMERICANS coming together on overpasses to demonstrate against this monster we call a government. It doesn't matter if you're gay, straight, black, white, Christian, atheist, liberal, conservative, republican, democrat, etc etc etc. ALL Americans need to come together. For if we don't put our indifferences to the side, this great country will fall! If we don't unite, the day will come where we wish we had!

There are many here on ATS who complain day in, day out, on how fudged up everything is in America. I wonder how many of those people are out actually doing something about it?

edit on 11-12-2013 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Please accept my apologies as my assumptions appear to be wrong according to your most recent response. I too am active several ways which I cannot discuss in detail for several reasons but yes, there are those who complain and do nothing about it. I'm not saying go and find your nearest politician and get the guillotine, but we need to take baby steps and slowly break people in and introduce them to some undeniable facts that will blow their mind.

People don't like waking up one morning and realizing that their whole belief system was based on lies and propaganda, but the truth isn't always pretty.

Keep up the good work and keep spreading the word.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I too am active several ways which I cannot discuss in detail for several reasons
So you have some kind of covert plan in place to overthrow the fed? If so, I'm in! There are over 350,000,000 Americans. All it would take is a good 10,000 to storm congress and hang these traitors where they stand. We wouldn't have to hang them all, maybe just a few to show the rest what will happen if they don't get back in line and start representing the American people. I might sound a little extreme, but, I can't see any other option that will wake the !d!ots up! If Americans think for one moment that they have power going out to cast their vote on an electronic voting machine, well, they are truly ignorant and blind as to what is going on in our government.

Desperate times bring desperate measures…

new topics

top topics

join