It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man accused of stealing roof panel from wrecked Porsche in which Paul Walker died. Hang em' high?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Just when you think people could NOT get any lower.
Here is a nut job trying to steal pieces of the Porsche he died in..
I am against desecrating a grave site..
Should we hang the guys who did this crap?
Maybe it would stop this kind of thing.

Jameson Witty, 18, and an accomplice followed the tow truck pulling the 2005 Porsche Carrera GT from the scene of the accident.

One of them got out of their car and removed a part from the Porsche when the truck had stopped at an intersection, witnesses told investigators. According to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, detectives found a red T-top roof panel from a Porsche while executing a search warrant at a residence.

Hang the bastards?

This is put in social because when we see things in our society like this, It is true telling of how far we have fallen.

edit on 6-12-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Wasn't there also someone that picked up a piece of wreckage at the scene of the accident?

It never fails to amaze me how sick some people really are. And the fact that there are other sicko's that would actually pay for something like that.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

chiefsmom
Wasn't there also someone that picked up a piece of wreckage at the scene of the accident?

It never fails to amaze me how sick some people really are. And the fact that there are other sicko's that would actually pay for something like that.

Would not surprise me. I think the family should have any dibs on the wreckage first.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I think it's quite possible that 'how far we have fallen' could easily be ascribed to someone advocating hanging some nitwit for stealing a piece of 'memorabilia' that likely would have value to certain ghoulish types on Ebay...

It's the MSM that pushes this type of thinking; that wreakage from a famous person's death scene could be worth money (I wonder how much Marilyn Monroe's bedsheets would go for?) to the sensationalism of celebrity, to the utter neglect of issues that really matter.

How about just charging the idiot with theft of evidence and leave it at that?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This is nothing new. From James Dean to NASCAR drivers that died in crashes people have collected pieces from the wreckage. Saying people should hang for grabbing at piece of trash is a little extreme.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Yeah we have clearly fallen deep nowadays.
Luckily we have our history to show that that never happened for example none of the egyptian tombs have ever been cleared. (I miss the old rolleye emo)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The larger questions should be why it is worth anything at all to anyone. That is IMO kinda sick. Not like the guy was a President or truly famous figure in film or in history.

Not to disrespect the dead but the Fast and Furious movies are not exactly icons in film. Despite seeing several of the movies I never knew the actors name that played the part until he died.

Taking parts left behind by the tow truck drivers is simply picking up garbage. Taking parts off a car on a tow truck is theft. Not much to argue there. The guys that took the parts deserve a fine, not jail.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Who cares?
He didn't deface Deeley Plaza.
Now, if it was a murder scene that would be different.

-Peace-
edit on 6-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: Addition

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Mamatus
The larger questions should be why it is worth anything at all to anyone. That is IMO kinda sick. Not like the guy was a President or truly famous figure in film or in history.

Not to disrespect the dead but the Fast and Furious movies are not exactly icons in film. Despite seeing several of the movies I never knew the actors name that played the part until he died.

Taking parts left behind by the tow truck drivers is simply picking up garbage. Taking parts off a car on a tow truck is theft. Not much to argue there. The guys that took the parts deserve a fine, not jail.

Paul walker was amazingly famous, and was in a lot more than just Fast and Furious.

One of my favorite Walker movies is called "Running Scared."

He also did projects with Freddie Prince Jr. too, dude was seriously famous, just because you didn't know, doesn't make it so.

And is it theft? To steal wreckage?? Who owns the debris if the real owner is dead?

Now, if they were saying they tampered with an investigation -- I'd understand that... To me it seems likely that these dudes recovered the "Sabotage" evidence.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Laykilla

Hang on, I have to go get my tin foil hat to have this discussion with you.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I don't see why this should surprise anyone. This kind of thing has been going on for literally thousands of years. If we'd had celebrities longer than that, I can assure you it would go back even further. Who knows.... maybe it does.

I recognize that it's not quite the same thing... but you can find dozens... maybe dozens of dozens of churches who claim that they possess nails or wood from the "true cross," the head of John The Baptist, his hand, and even the foreskin of Christ. (With the number of these out there, Jesus must have been a very...um... manly kind of man... if you follow what I mean).

Need non-religious examples? Okay: museum pieces. There are many "museum pieces" and even whole museums based on famous people who once lived, including objects they owned, including their homes (which are sometimes turned into a museum or historical site, themselves.)

Wanting a physical, tangible piece of history is nothing new. Nor is considering such things to have monetary value.

EDIT: And I have to add.... no disrespect intended... but this guy could not have died a more ironic and poetic death if he tried. Is that not a bit of a weird coincidence? RIP
edit on 6-12-2013 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

top topics

join