It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: U.S. Forces Zeroing In on Zarqawi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
US and Iraqi forces believe they have found a building in Fallujah used by Zarqawi's "Al Qaida in Iraq" group. Within the building they found documents and computers, that hopefully will contain valuable intelligence for tracking the group. There was no mention as to wether or not clues to Zarqawi's location can be obtained from the documents found.

www.foxnews.com
As for the supposed Zarqawi headquarters, soldiers walked through an imposing building with concrete columns and with a large sign in Arabic on the wall reading "Al Qaida Organization" and "There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger." The video footage was shot by an embedded CNN cameraman.

Inside the building, U.S. soldiers found documents, old computers, notebooks, photographs and copies of the Quran.

Al-Zarqawi last month renamed his group Al Qaeda in Iraq, and his followers have been blamed for a number of deadly bombings and beheadings of foreign hostages, including three Americans and a Briton. The United States has offered a $25 million reward for his capture or killing - the same amount as for Usama bin Laden.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Finding this building takes away one of "Al Qaida in Iraq"'s safe houses, and makes operating that much more difficult for the group. While they will not say that operations in Fallujah are complete, they certainly are winding down.

Related Links
abcnews.go.com

[edit on 11/18/2004 by phreak_of_nature]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I find it highly unlikely that any building in Iraq being used by Al Qaida would be wearing a large sign proclaiming the fact.

I'm assuming the sign was neon? any ideas if it was bue or red?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I will have to agree with rialto on this one, in my oppinion he is long gone and in very guarded condition.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Let's see if they're as good at finding him as they were at finding Bin Laden.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
Let's see if they're as good at finding him as they were at finding Bin Laden.

Well taking in consideration that his head is worth 25 million dollars he must be as much a myth as bin-laden has become.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rialto
I find it highly unlikely that any building in Iraq being used by Al Qaida would be wearing a large sign proclaiming the fact.

I'm assuming the sign was neon? any ideas if it was bue or red?

i saw on the news, it was not a sign, the wall was like stained from where a sign used to be, it was inside not outside.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
As much as this war is costing I don't know why the government doesn't get more serious about the reward money. Make the reward for Osama more like 500 million and for Zarqawi maybe 200 million. I bet that would put some serious mercenies on their trail. It's not like these guys just robbed the seven eleven convenience store down the street.

top topics

join