It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lion, Tiger, Bear...Oh My!! Must see video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Thought I would share this since it is rare to see such a thing.

About 12 years ago, these 3 animals -lion, tiger, bear- were rescued from an abusive environment and they were placed together in a shelter.
After all these years, they have never fought, only played.

Awww.....too cool!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
S&F for a great video.

Animals hunt to survive, put them in a situation were hunting is not required to survive and they will tolerate others of their own kind and even other species some of which may be a natural enemy.

Only yesterday I watched a video of a Leopard killing an adult Baboon then discovering the baboon had a baby with it.

Rather than kill the baby the Leopard actually tenders to the baby baboon for hours until it eventually dies anyway of the cold.

Individual humans can switch from compassion to violence when circumstances dictate, why would the animal kingdom be any different?
edit on 5-12-2013 by welshreduk because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2013 by welshreduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

I think it is both sweet, and fascinating that these three animals have developed a family unit together. They were obviously familiar with each other from a relatively young age, and have cobbled together a tight knit pack, probably as a result of the abuse they suffered. I think it would be a very interesting thing to do some kind of study on the subject of their group dynamic.

Normally speaking a family unit of animals has some sort of leadership, although across species this responsibility has different meanings, players, and is taken up by different genders. It would be interesting to see which of these animals, if any, has asserted their particular species leadership hierarchy on the others, or if they have all been so abused that none are willing to assert themselves or seek any dominance over the others.

As interesting, and heart wrenching as this unique grouping is, I think it is worth mentioning that if these creatures had not been shanghai'd by nefarious bastards, and abused, it would not be possible for them to behave toward each other in the way that they do, because in their natural state, they would be competitors for territory and food, assuming they ever came into contact in the wild (which in the case of the bear is damned unlikely, since the other two animals come from a totally different land mass). As sweet as it all is, it would be better for those three fantastic and caring animals, to have been allowed to live their natural lives. Given the abuse they suffered however, keeping them connected to one another was a very wise choice in my opinion, because any one of these creatures, separated from their fellows, would probably be a danger to themselves.

It is both sad, joyous, and achingly beautiful that these three could overcome the adversity which marred their upbringing, to live relatively happy lives with their adoptive family however, and that joy should be celebrated.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

What you said. I raise my first coffee of the morning to you and star your post.

Thanks for the video, OP. It's nice to glimpse the tender side of wildlife when they don't have to fight for prey and territory.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Who'd a thunk?

new topics

top topics

join