It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

japan eyes solar power station in space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I think this topic has already been discussed here on ATS but a search on this topic turned up empty, so here goes:

Japan wants to use the Moon as its new way to generate power after the Fukushima disaster. The plan is to set up solar panels around the Moon's equator that would collect then beam the power back to Earth; either by microwave(s) or laser(s). This new system would be called the Luna Ring and they say it won't be built until 2035.

Check it out:

www.space.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

Cool.
Hope they keep that laser aimed at Japan.

But the Moon moves around the sky a lot. Seems like satellites would be a cheaper and more viable option.
spaceports.blogspot.com...

edit on 12/4/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

all the governments are working together. Tesla worked out how to harness the neutrino's being emitted from the sun for free clean electric T.H Moray then reproduced his experiment
thmoray.org...

and so did Peter Lindemann

here's some all on one page educate-yourself.org...

Then you've got Dennis Lee he reckons he has had 500 free energy devices sent to him although I've got my doubts about this guy www.freeenergynews.com...

I also have a friend who knew a scientist who developed a device that would run all your household appliances for a month off of one battery, three weeks after his presentation in a sydney hotel and 2 guys offering him 3 million dollars in the presentation he refused, three weeks later he gets killed.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
IM taking bets,, 5 too 0ne,, well, STARS,,(got to get,,back,, those STARS /POINTS, somehow,,,( ive a feeling im going to need them!) lol

that CHINA'S next project will be,,,,u guessed it,,,, solar power station,,but better!

lol
edit on 12/4/2013 by BobAthome because: its china,, lol

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jinni73

What does any of that have to do with transmitting solar power from the Moon to power stations on Earth?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You don't need to do it,

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jinni73

Oh.
Ok. Got it.
But if the free stuff is all suppressed I guess we have to, right?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Well, that's just swell.

Too Little, too late.

I don't eat Sushi anymore.

The Moon is kinda dusty.
edit on 5-12-2013 by Wildmanimal because: add content

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yeah I guess so LOL
how frustrating is that, maybe its the one thing that can unite humanity though

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Wildmanimal

Well, that's just swell.

Too Little, too late.

I don't eat Sushi anymore.

The Moon is kinda dusty.
edit on 5-12-2013 by Wildmanimal because: add content

They've been working on this for years.

Space Based Solar Power

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Maybe we should let Tepco run it?
I can't see any issue whatsoever with having a high energy laser/energy direction technology pointing at earth when it's been run and maintained by corporations that show such great social responsibility..

I'm no energy system expert but good luck on building anything on the Moon with a net energy output in the first 100 years,
I wonder how much electricity you could actually just generate on earth purely from the rocket fuel required to get every single component for this suggestion from Earth to the Moon?

In fact, I believe this is nothing but fanciful thinking.

I would happily stake everything I own, (that given the same budget); I could provide a better ROI/total energy return on Earth using Tidal, Solar and Wind generation techniques.

When we have millions and millions of square miles of sun soaked deserts on earth , going to the Moon will never be an option.

edit on 5-12-2013 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

jinni73

all the governments are working together. Tesla worked out how to harness the neutrino's being emitted from the sun for free clean electric T.H Moray then reproduced his experiment
thmoray.org...

and so did Peter Lindemann

here's some all on one page educate-yourself.org...

Then you've got Dennis Lee he reckons he has had 500 free energy devices sent to him although I've got my doubts about this guy www.freeenergynews.com...

I also have a friend who knew a scientist who developed a device that would run all your household appliances for a month off of one battery, three weeks after his presentation in a sydney hotel and 2 guys offering him 3 million dollars in the presentation he refused, three weeks later he gets killed.

That page you linked to - Sorry, i cant take it seriously when one of the links at the top of the page is about preventing alien or demonic attack

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I think it's a good idea. The innovation alone in developing such technology will be a great boost to humanity. This will lead to a permanent human presence on the Moon and, I think, promote industries there. Let's stop debating and just do it.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I wonder what the ROI (return in investment) is for this.

...And I'm not simply talking about the monetary investment. I'm talking about the amount of energy investment it will take to achieve this. At what point does the energy we get back from this equal the energy that was put into creating it/implementing it?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I don't know what the ROI will be. They said in the article that it would be built by robots that will be controlled from here on Earth. So, I assume, that the greatest expense will be from hauling supplies and materials up there, the rest will be automation. I am not a financial analyst or anything but, I think the return in investment should be pretty quick in Space exploration terms; maybe 15-20 yrs.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I don't know what the ROI will be. They said in the article that it would be built by robots that will be controlled from here on Earth. So, I assume, that the greatest expense will be from hauling supplies and materials up there, the rest will be automation. I am not a financial analyst or anything but, I think the return in investment should be pretty quick in Space exploration terms; maybe 15-20 yrs.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by expatwhite

You are welcome to your beliefs but why would you try and misdirect people stay on topic this is not about aliens or ufos this is about energy and free energy which has been proven to work,

I have pointed to a particular topic that has been repeated by at least 2 scientists and the person that is responsible for the way you live today with hundreds if not thousands of inventions that scientists even today cannot get their heads around.

Around 60% of the population believe in Jesus in one way or another although it is a fact he never existed so what does it matter what people believe It's what you know that matters.

You know its ironic you talk about not believing in aliens as Tesla invented the anti-gravity machine in 1913

edit on 5-12-2013 by jinni73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

jinni73
...Around 60% of the population believe in Jesus in one way or another although it is a fact he never existed so what does it matter what people believe It's what you know that matters...

Well, I don't want to go too far off topic here, but the historical record (other documents besides the bible) indicate that the man named Jesus Christ actually really did exist.

Whether he was the "son of God" or not as Christians claim is certainly another question entirely, but there is strong evidence that the person did in fact exist.

new topics

top topics

join