It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Truck with Radioactive Load Stolen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Because our southern border is absolutely secure ...

It's a good thing our government is so worried about securing our borders because then things like this would just be an oddity and not something that make me sit up a take some notice. I remember reading an article in a National Geographic about the improper disposal of nuclear waste in countries. There was a tale about some children who died of radiation poisoning in on the of the Latin American countries because a hospital disposed of their x-ray machine (or something similar) in the local dump and it broke open and the kids thought the Cobalt was super cool because it made them glow.

The International Atomic Energy Agency says the truck was carrying cobalt-60, used for radiotherapy treatment to combat cancer. An IAEA statement Wednesday said the truck was stolen Monday while taking the material to a radioactive waste storage center from the northern city of Tijuana.

Now, why would anyone steal that? Maybe they just stole the truck hoping it was full of stuff they could steal on the black market. I suppose there is one way it could be.

The IAEA says isotope cobalt-60 can't be used for a standard nuclear weapon, but could be utilized for a so-called "dirty bomb" spreading dangerous radioactive materials over a wide populous.

Regardless, I hope it's found quickly before the material inside is handled badly. That stuff is very dangerous if it gets outside its containment.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
How convenient this happens right before the mid terms...
Something WILL happen, Posse Comatius will be suspended, and R.I.P. the USA

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
A radioactive load, where have I heard of this before?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I know I am not a mod or anything and I am so so sorry.

But there is all ready a thread on this subject guys

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

brace22

you throw baby out with the bath water too>?

/sarc

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

starfoxxx

brace22

you throw baby out with the bath water too>?

/sarc

they closed that thread and referred us over here...

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Fox just reported from the AP that the container holding the cobalt has been found empty

Mexico's nuclear safety director says a stolen container of radioactive material has been found empty.

Juan Eibenschutz says radioactivity has been detected about 1 kilometer (a half mile) from where the stolen truck and empty container were found in the state of Mexico. He says authorities have cordoned off the area.

link

Would you have radiation if the container holding the cobalt was not opened?
edit on 4-12-2013 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

liveandlearn
Fox just reported from the AP that the container holding the cobalt has been found empty

Mexico's nuclear safety director says a stolen container of radioactive material has been found empty.

Juan Eibenschutz says radioactivity has been detected about 1 kilometer (a half mile) from where the stolen truck and empty container were found in the state of Mexico. He says authorities have cordoned off the area.

link

Oh, how nice is that? I just wonder where and how it will turn up???

Considering the PTB could probably tell me what I had for lunch for a week, finding this stuff ought to be a piece of cake. (end sarcasm)

you just gotta wonder..........

edit on 4-12-2013 by thepolish1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

liveandlearn

link

Link

OOps sorry I didn't see that you already posted a link.
edit on 4-12-2013 by Chickensalad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
So what kind of resources/technology do we have to track this down- I know HEU can be tracked with flyovers and satellites, but a thumb size piece of cobalt-60?

This is clearly a planned job, someone wanted the material and presumably they know its dangerous and will keep it in its shielding. My understanding of our nuke scanners at the border is that they are sensitive but totally incapable of reading through lead. If this is the case, are we banking on humint and luck?

Dynamite must be easier to get than cobalt-60, hope we have some sensors ready to stick on the front of a Global Hawk and find this soon...

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
NBC just reported it was all found and recovered

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

If you have ever changed a babies diaper...

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
AP and BBC are notorious conduits for disinfo so...

mexico's nuclear security commission
...LOL! That's like a statement from the Mexican Air force...

...sounds like some low level shlubs are being used for some propaganda...

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
One must ask themselves a question when it comes to stories like this. If it was a matter of national security why wouldn't it be a bit hush hush not to cause a panic amongst people? I mean like say for instance in the movies, there would already be a few navy seals in action and this story would not ever have made the news.

However in reality, it is reported on the morning national news and then later conflicting reports that it was recovered.

Hmmmm?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

I just read that whoever stole it will be dead in 1 to 3 days

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I read that they found it, but the container was empty?

Talk about confusing ...

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Yikes, missing nuclear material that can be reported on by FOX?

That is unsettling. Not expressing an opinion regarding Fox, in particular, just that a widely reaching "MSM" station is covering missing nuclear anything.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

ketsuko
I read that they found it, but the container was empty?

Talk about confusing ...

I hope this helps and I hope it is the truth:

The cobalt-60 was left in a rural area about a kilometer (a half a mile) from Hueypoxtla, an agricultural town of about 4,000 people, but it posed no threat or a need for an evacuation, said Juan Eibenschutz, director general of the National Commission of Nuclear Safety and Safeguards. Read more at www.ksl.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Ok, that makes more sense than the site I read which only said "They found the radioactive material. It was empty."

I was thinking that was a bit contradictory. Thank you for posting.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Just want to point out, for whatever it is worth, that the UN is on this like a duck on a June bug.

The first source I read, RT:

Mexican police located a stolen truck which contained dangerous radioactive material the UN warned could be used to construct a “dirty bomb.”

rt.com...

and:

Notice UN anywhere in this link from AP? (Click it and read the address bar on your computer)

hosted.ap.org...

If you read the article:

The health risk depends on time of exposure and distance to the pellets, said Dr. Fred Mettler, a University of New Mexico's radiology professor and a U.S. representative to the U.N. on radiation safety.

If this # wasn't really recovered and there is some False Flag in which it is used to invoke Martial Law, I will finger the U.N. first and it won't take much to figure out who else is involved.

If it goes down this way who will "THEY" finger as the terrorists who did the deed? Place your bets. I suspect it will be the group who most threatens their NWO agenda. Perhaps it would be the ones who would likely to use a dirty bomb.

Dang, the more I think about it, this isn't too far-fetched.

edit on 12/5/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join