It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Down voting comments.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

starfoxxx
UNBELIEVABLE, you guys have to throw in party politics here??

party politics (political madness) would be the forum with the most thumbs down votes, don't you think?...there might be members that actually think it would be a badge of honor to have the most thumbs down votes...who knows

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

starfoxxx

I think they just gave a good example as to why this ain't going to happen. The partisan groups here could vote down an extremely valid topic that didn't suit their purpose. Be that politics, religion, chemtrails, 911. As Chuck pointed out, ATS would rather focus on content, not status.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Honestly, I like the system ATS already has in place. I've run a few forums, and everytime I put something in place like thumbs up or thumbs down on posts, you'll have a group of friends gang up on a member they don't like and downvote them for the heck of it.

That's why I now only use a thumbs up button. Don't like the post? Move on. Having a positive or nothing at all policy is really the only way to go.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

intrepid

starfoxxx

I think they just gave a good example as to why this ain't going to happen. The partisan groups here could vote down an extremely valid topic that didn't suit their purpose. Be that politics, religion, chemtrails, 911. As Chuck pointed out, ATS would rather focus on content, not status.

I'm with you on all that...

those other posts though,
Sounded like a bit of ranting about right wingers to me.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I think it's totally unneeded. As far as the politics go, this site would be 100% better if it did away with the politics altogether. There are plenty of political sites, leave this one for the supernormal.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

starfoxxx

No just pointing out a valid fact. On the polictical forum people would get defensive and form lynch mobs to shoot down valid points (even if wrong) just because they are not aligned with there own polical spectrum.

Your proveing my point right now with the defensiveness.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
ATS stars system is enough like Facebook, or at least what I imagine Facebook is like, as it is without bringing in anything else.

You can even spot the threads (often with repeated content) which are regularly re-posted just to garner stars and flags.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

crazyewok

starfoxxx

No just pointing out a valid fact. On the polictical forum people would get defensive and form lynch mobs to shoot down valid points (even if wrong) just because they are not aligned with there own polical spectrum.

Your proveing my point right now with the defensiveness.

see you in political madness.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

starfoxxx

see you in political madness.

More evidence of my point.

We probaly dont even disagree on alot of things politicaly.

Its the attitude thats the problem.

I disagree with alot of what jimmyx says . Yet I respect his right to say it and wont get angry at him or lynch him because of his diffrent view point or dissmiss him as troll. Yet I see alot of people, even mods on the political forum who have what I would call "extreme" right wing views who act the opposite and treat anyone with a opposing view as little more than a troll and if they had a vote down button would missuse such a thing thing to kick him out of a dicussion.

I think the star system is complete crap as it is as only posts and threads with "popular view points" get stared and flagged. Because of that the same boreing threads get rehashed every week. I see a Pro gun thread appear almost every day. If I wrote a badly writtern threads on why obama sucks I would likley get a hundred odd stars and flags (even when there is a a dozen threads on that circulating at any one time) if some one wrote a well written thread on why Obama is great (For the record I dont think that) then I doubt the thread would get any attension.

Fact is I want to see a diffrent opinion to mine, I want to see counter view points, I want to debate them, I want to see Ideas I think are wrong challenged and I want to do that in mature enviroment.
edit on 4-12-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I suppose I did not understand how cliquish ATS was until others pointed it out. I don't run with cliques here and I judge each post on the contents not the poster. There are only 2 posters here who have irked me and I still will star one of their comments if I agree with it.

I was only trying to think of a way to streamline some of the threads. Some of the older threads are so dense that wading through the off-topic stuff is a bit of a hassle when you realize you have read 5 pages of 2 posters bickering back and forth about something not related to the thread.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

NihilistSanta
Some of the older threads are so dense that wading through the off-topic stuff is a bit of a hassle when you realize you have read 5 pages of 2 posters bickering back and forth about something not related to the thread.

Bickering? Good word. It sure isn't discussion because they ain't listening to each other at all. Well this one won't work. We'll have to keep thinking.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

crazyewok

Sounds exactly like what goes on in the ME forums eh?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

SLAYER69

Sounds exactly like what goes on in the ME forums eh?

I can disagree with your opinion and still repect it

top topics

<< 1   >>

join