It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The People.... (Japan)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
In my solitude I watched them. Not self-imposed mind you, but the language was not mine and I find I am not a particularly intelligent man.

So I watched.

Perfection of motion.

From the time they arise, they devote themselves to perfection in all that they do. Their movements are precise and metered, practiced and refined.
A graceful people and beautiful with small features and delicate extremities; yet they prove to be the most robust and rugged of individuals when called upon to be so.

Service is their life and honor is a concept they feel no need to voice; they live it every day of their lives. It is ingrained in them and as impossible to violate as it is to stop breathing.
Their kindness is a natural thing as their hospitality is ingrained.

Their lives are ceremony, yet in some way, always meaningful. Like a great play acted upon a stage of existence with ethereal sets and magnanimous actors.

I marvel and I am humbled.

My life is changing as I watch them; I begin to understand the inner joy of a life of unquestioning service. My soul begins to feel cleansed of the burden that I and all of my brethren carry.

The burden of suspect.

When I am released from the burden of suspect, I find myself clean of spirit and able to focus on the smallest of tasks with the utmost of concentration.
Slowly I find myself becoming as they are. A singleness of purpose grips my waking hours and I find myself sleeping without troubled dreams for the first time in many years.

Sadly, I soon will leave and I wonder how much of this I will take with me.

Enough I hope.

edit on 12/3/2013 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Ok I'll bite... To whom are you referring?

Or should I take a clue from your avatar a guess the Japanese people?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Treespeaker

Well I change avatars like I change my socks, so that is not always a good indicator

But yes

The Japanese

When I wrote that, back in 1984, I was in Japan in a military training school

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Very nice, I have always admired the Japanese society and way of life.

In fact I find most Asian folks I run into to be very respectful people in general, and courteous.

I liked what you wrote as well, but it did nag at me not knowing for sure lol.

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Treespeaker

Edited in Japan

I guess you were correct... Needed clarity

LMAO

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

semperfortis

From the time they arise, they devote themselves to perfection in all that they do. Their movements are precise and metered, practiced and refined.

Is this a guessing game?

Are you Tom Cruise from The Last Samurai?

I felt like I was reading something from that movie.

Well done SuFi.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well done op, I lived in japan for eight years and I know of what you speak...

It breaks my heart what is happening to the beautiful people of that country, things will only get worse without some miraculous intervention, but then Japan has often been the target of the global agenda and maybe it is in part because of their nature...who knows.

new topics

top topics

join