It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Pareidolia in History: Dr. King, James Bevel, JFK, Lincoln, Goddess of Liberty in iconic photo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Using Observer1's photo, may I present to you the Goddess of Liberty (or at least a cute woman holding a torch).

Tools you will need:

Your zoom function. This one is very good at 250 or 300.

Your lying eyes.

First, the picture, and thanks to Observer1 for both posting it and for turning it on its side a little, which makes the image I'm calling the GOL stand straight up. And if you see it, please post.

Reference points:

She is almost all in the white section of the toast-shaped outline, and her hair and shoulder are up against and outlined by the dark section. The darkest parts of her (aside from the staff she is holding) are her eyes, nose, and mouth.

The larger indention on the toast-shaped outline reaches its inward-point right above her left eye.

The bulge going down from that indention edges along her left cheek and chin, and ends about mid-neck. If you continue down along the toast from there, the bottom is close to where the bottom of her staff is. What staff?

That white wisp in the top section of the toast outline, almost but not quite half way across the outline, is the flame of her staff.

The thin black line leading down from the white wisp is the staff. It leads down in front of her hair - almost but not quite shoulder length hair - past her right shoulder to what would be her right hand.

Go a little right of the flame on top of the staff and you will see two little pieces of white extending a little above the rest of the white cloud. This is either a bow, a tiara, or some other Goddess of Liberty hair decoration (the GOL images all have them). The part of the white cloud just under those two little points is her hair, which extends on either side of her face.

The top of her hair, and the hair going down her head to her neck on her right side, are all in the toast shaped outline. The hair on the left side of her head is all outside the toast shaped outline, but is the same length and ends at her shouder.

Please let me know if you see her, and if you do, please confirm how cute she is!

Can somebody who imagines they see her put up either an outline of a full tracing? I would love to upload a full tracing of this image, it's like a young Princess carrying a flaming staff. The staff, sword, or some other type of elongated base, often with a flame on top, seems to be used in most if not all of the standard images of the Goddess of Liberty, and it can be said to be her universal identifying sign.

Thanks!

Here is a link to a book chapter about the Goddess of Liberty and Freedom, and her association with American history:

books.google.com...=onepage&q&f=false

edit on 6-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Elaborate on the OP? That's SO not my style! But okay...

Well, the larger JFK one with the "thumbs up" on the left-middle, looking to the left, appeared after a couple sips of help... along with the J. Bevel/Skull and a fleeting glimpse of the hot chick with a long, thin torch thingy... but I see hot chicks everywhere.

Lincoln still evades me... it's the weekend, though... perhaps after more chemical help?

Edit: and the above post about "liberty" helped re-find her... yup. Though in these times, I'm puzzled that liberty doesn't appear old, withered and crippled. Maybe it's Snookie?
edit on 12/6/2013 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Baddogma

Elaborate on the OP? That's SO not my style! But okay...

Well, the larger JFK one with the "thumbs up" on the left-middle, looking to the left, appeared after a couple sips of help... along with the J. Bevel/Skull and a fleeting glimpse of the hot chick with a long, thin torch thingy... but I see hot chicks everywhere.

Lincoln still evades me... it's the weekend, though... perhaps after more chemical help?

Edit: and the above post about "liberty" helped re-find her... yup. Though in these times, I'm puzzled that liberty doesn't appear old, withered and crippled. Maybe it's Snookie?
edit on 12/6/2013 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

Well where were you, you cranky mystic, when I was surrounded and hiding behind the wagon wheel. You see lost of them, even JFK with his thumbs up sign, and I wouldn't be surprised if you saw the Dr. King pic with a little help from our friends (the hippies, in my case). And isn't "Liberty" cute? I mentioned earlier that maybe that's what a Goddess of Liberty and Freedom would look like in real life, and not the steely-faced grim goddesses we imagine Liberty to be (owing to statues I guess). Snookie as a Goddess? Well, to each their own.

My previous post here www.abovetopsecret.com... pretty much sums up how important I think this is in terms of WHA? If I had come by with a real Harry Potter pic like the one described in the post there might be hundreds of ATS'ers interested in this find. But naw, it's just the most iconic photo of one of the three most iconoic American movements of the '60s, nothing more.

Thanks for looking and coming back. If you ever get my way on the innernests, a drink or something is forthcoming.

Oh, and Lincoln, I think I jumped the gun on Lincoln (something he'd be used to) (lol). The stuff I thought may be Lincoln may either be Hellboy or, as Observer1 posts, another pic of an older Bevel, or maybe just a bear.

EDIT, GODDESS LIBERTY UPDATE, DON'T HOLD THE PRESSES: About an hour ago I figured out why Lady Liberty is carrying a torch and not a sword - it's a march honoring freedom. She doesn't need the sword for this one. Pretty obvious when I thought about it, but a further explanation of the symbolism in this photo nonetheless. It would be odd if she was holding a sword, this was well after Eugene "Bull" Connor, Jim Clark, and their crowds had joined the annals of Deep History.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

And on a side note, speaking of forms in clouds and "hippie help", that particular chemical is in short supply these days (Larry in the Sea with Dolphins).

That might pertain to folks having trouble freeing their imagination... or insanity, depending on one's world view.

And for those that say, "no it's not scarce, my friend so-and-so just got some blah blah..." well, it's likely a Shulgun derivative and not the real deal... unless you're really lucky and then, if so, come to AZ... it's been a few decades and I'd be up for another go. The _ _ _ stuff these days shoots one into post existence ultra space and it's not always fun...

Okay, I'll stop dancing around the terms and conditions and shut up... now that I've totally de-legitimatized all my odd experiences in most's minds.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

No comment on the flow of your post. I am interested, you actually saw JFK giving the thumbs up? I thought that would be the last thing someone would find without a traced outline. Isn't it interesting how that just fits in with the picture, I mean, JFK giving the Voting Rights Movement marchers a huge thumbs up?

For you folks who haven't spotted JFK, he's smack dab in the middle of the cloud, pretty big. I've said that once you get a look at him that his eyes and cheekbone structure are, wait, let me quote from the source, which is me anyway:

John Kennedy, the U.S. president during an earlier phase of the Civil Rights Movement - including Rev. Bevel's Birmingham Children's Crusade which led directly to the 1964 Civil Rights Act - is very large and stretches out across the entire middle of the cloud bank. JFK's face looks to his right just a little as he scans the front area of the line of marchers. He may be better seen on the smaller picture in the main article, and then can be found on the larger photo. You can either find his eyes first, which seem, like his cheekbones, to be obviously belonging to JFK at the exclusion of all other famous individuals. Or you can find his hair first, which runs along the entire middle at the top of the photo - JFK's hair is cropped just a little above his hairline, as if the top of his head is, ah, gulp, /straightens tie unconsciously, missing?! Once you get one of those features you may be able to see the rest of his face. Then look to his left, at the same size scale - he's holding up his left hand in a thumbs up salute! Lord have mercy.

Here's the pic again for the JFK hunt. Don't have to zoom at all to find him, hopefully the quote from the guidebook will help. To some "he" looks like a skull, a skull with hair (like I like them!) but look at the "skulls" cheeks, they are fleshed out. The eyes, though, JFK all the way in the eyes. Oh, and Pan is just to his right, kind of a Frank Zappa looking Pan but with the horns. Just sayin'.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Okay, I'm not sure about Kennedy but what I saw can be found in the med-dark, triangular cloud directly above the first three marchers - about halfway to the top of the pic from their heads. That was his nose, to my eye. The darker hair clouds above that and the outstretched arm with a thumbs up, larger and in perspective, is in the middle.

If that's not what people are seeing, then I'd like to see the "real" pareidolia ... heh. Odd how the mind works... and everything else, for that matter.

It might be akin to "casting a spell" and making people see what is suggested.
edit on 12/7/2013 by Baddogma because: clarity in the murk

edit on 12/7/2013 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It's just stupid.... there's supposed to be JFK's face and all manner of faces in this one picture.

It's ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Yes... it is (fairly) "stupid." Most of human existence is pretty stupid and an ultimately masturbatory experience.

So... ?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Baddogma

Okay, I'm not sure about Kennedy but what I saw can be found in the med-dark, triangular cloud directly above the first three marchers - about halfway to the top of the pic from their heads. That was his nose, to my eye. The darker hair clouds above that and the outstretched arm with a thumbs up, larger and in perspective, is in the middle.

If that's not what people are seeing, then I'd like to see the "real" pareidolia ... heh. Odd how the mind works... and everything else, for that matter.

It might be akin to "casting a spell" and making people see what is suggested.
edit on 12/7/2013 by Baddogma because: clarity in the murk

Hi. The one your seeing is new to me. I'm a little of it, but that one needs an outline maybe (can you upload an outlined or drawn in pic?). Does it look like JFK to you? Which way is he looking, and is he looking down on the line of marchers? I see something in the area you're talking of that looks like a wolf's head, with the dark triangle you point to as the snout. It has ears on top of its head from that perspective, but the head is looking down at the marchers, so it's got to be something (guess you have to accept the magic of the picture and be assured that they are there, and ... there they are!). The nose fits that size, but is kind of big for the human face in there, although on second look I'm getting a hint of what you're saying.

The JFK I see (lol - I'm thinking of people reading this who haven't seen any of these faces yet reacting to these crazy people talking to each other) is quite big, and takes up the entire middle of the cloud bank on the page. Ah, maybe one way to spot him: the white marcher who looks like he has the flag coming out of his shirt, the one who's zombie-walking right behind and reaching for the little black girl in front of him, if you extend the line of the flagpole upwards (and you have to zoom in to do it, as the angle of the flagpole is straight up whereas on a smaller pic it looks like it's going off to the side - that's not the flagpole but another line) it would bisect Kennedy's face....

...almost right up the middle. Then the black portion running along the top of the photograph is his hair, and you can see the sideburns going down his face on his left side. His eyes are on either side of that extended line.

edit on 7-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

blupblup
It's just stupid.... there's supposed to be JFK's face and all manner of faces in this one picture.

It's ridiculous.

Seems very ridiculous, until you start seeing the entire crowd of them - all looking down along the line of marchers and all arguably who we are saying they are - except Lincoln, I've given up on Lincoln, but he may turn up....

Have you spent time with the thread and the picture, to see if you can spot some of them or find new ones? Please do so, your skeptical opinion would be welcome.

And let's say, in your mind, the odds of this being true is what, less than 10 percent, or 1 percent? Even at 1 percent isn't it worth diving into and giving the picture some time because, if it is real and provable, as I'm saying, I'll let my answer to a previous poster represent what it means....

Aleister

zazzafrazz
I see Voldemort.

Alright. Now imagine that your picture was part of a real unshopped picture and not a graphic, an iconic photograph of the 1997 Hogwarts to London march, the most influential march by wizards and witches to obtain their full rights as citizens of Britain. Then in the cloud formation of that photograph you find not only Voldemort, but Dumbledore, Harry Potter, a couple of the founders of Hogwarts, and the Goddess of Magick, all looking down approvingly upon the line of marching wizards and witches.

If you were the first one to spot those influential wizards and witches in the most iconic photograph of their most famous march, you'd likely put up a thread and work it too.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Baddogma
reply to post by blupblup

Yes... it is (fairly) "stupid." Most of human existence is pretty stupid and an ultimately masturbatory experience.

So... ?

Well said.

But just wait until more people come and see the faces, and some provide pics on which they have traced what they see. alienjuggalo found the face I'm calling the Bevel face, and I've asked him if I can put his pic on the source article in the OP.

And where do the eyes come in on your JFK? The nose is quite big, and I'm not quite seeing human eyes in the same size-perspective, hence the wolf head that I see.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Oh... good descriptive effort in that I found "him" quite fast. Yup... (cocks head) ...curious.

The one I "saw" and described is huge... and admittedly vaguer... that triangular med-grey cloud is the nose pointing to our left (and down) and the darker above area is the hair (and the head is seen more from above-rather than straight on) and the light notch (on the right side of the dark-hair) is the ear and the large (from perspective since it's "closer" to viewer) "hand" is square in the middle, and the "thumbs up" is more like a middle finger... good way to examine one's own mind, isn't it?

But either way, thanks for dragging this over for our perusal. I'd never known of this particular discussion before and it is definitely entertaining. So thanks.
edit on 12/7/2013 by Baddogma because: more descriptors

edit on 12/7/2013 by Baddogma because: more

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Baddogma

Oh... good descriptive effort in that I found "him" quite fast. Yup... (cocks head) ...curious.

The one I "saw" and described is huge... and admittedly vaguer... that triangular med-grey cloud is the nose pointing to our left (and down) and the darker above area is the hair and the large (from perspective since it's "closer" to viewer) "hand" is square in the middle, and the "thumbs up" is more like a middle finger... good way to examine one's own mind, isn't it?

But either way, thanks for dragging this over for our perusal. I'd never known of this particular discussion before and it is definitely entertaining. So thanks.

lol - thinking of that line from Alice in Wonderland. I have to go for awhile now, will come back later to read your description further and see if I can spot your guy. Can it be RFK by any chance?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Baddogma

The one I "saw" and described is huge... and admittedly vaguer... that triangular med-grey cloud is the nose pointing to our left (and down) and the darker above area is the hair (and the head is seen more from above-rather than straight on) and the light notch (on the right side of the dark-hair) is the ear and the large (from perspective since it's "closer" to viewer) "hand" is square in the middle, and the "thumbs up" is more like a middle finger... good way to examine one's own mind, isn't it?

edit on 12/7/2013 by Baddogma because: more descriptors

edit on 12/7/2013 by Baddogma because: more

HIGH SIX!

That area of the cloud was not in play for me, and from your description above the key sentence was "and the head is seen more from above-rather than straight on", that did it for me, and as I adjusted my perspective to see the nose from above, the nose, hair, the entire head popped in for me. I think you found Robert Kennedy! If it's not him it's someone looking a lot like the old photos of RFK, and the hair is spot on. Does that make sense, or is he looking like someone else to you?

I wonder when LBJ is going to show up?

EDIT a few minutes later: And look at that, when I look at the pic now I automatically see RFK in that spot, the side of the photo that wasn't in play for me (nearest I got was Pan, who is right in between the JFK I found and the head I'm calling RFK that you found, probably a familiar place for him back when the boys were courting Marilyn). RFK is looking down quite a ways off the left side of the picture, well ahead of the seemingly strutting marchers. I wonder how far down the road the march was off-camera to the left?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Is this for real or are ya'll yanking our chains? I can't see any faces, just clouds?
Or do you actually mean the people marching?
You can't mean the clouds, can you? Because those are, um, clouds.
There are zero faces in those clouds.

I guess this is just for those who like cloud watching then?

ETA: my bad, I've just spotted George Washington and also a big face in the big, dark cloud furthest right.
Oooo this is good!

LOL
edit on 7-12-2013 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

stargatetravels
Is this for real or are ya'll yanking our chains? I can't see any faces, just clouds?
Or do you actually mean the people marching?
You can't mean the clouds, can you? Because those are, um, clouds.
There are zero faces in those clouds.

I guess this is just for those who like cloud watching then?

ETA: my bad, I've just spotted George Washington and also a big face in the big, dark cloud furthest right.
Oooo this is good!

LOL
edit on 7-12-2013 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

Hi, yeah, and if you did spot some stuff, please keep going. This isn't a huge thread so far, so I'd recommend starting at the beginning and running up to some of the posts with pictures, where the thing began to heat up after having to endure the folks yucking it up. Were you serious about someone looking like George Washington? The more the merrier I suppose! I think I know where you might mean but please, play it out if you know how to use paint on pictures (I don't and am glad I don't for this thread).

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Yes, it does look like RFK and I'm glad you see it, too. Once seen, that one is pretty apparent, though even more impressionistic... except for the hair, hairline and general facial outlines. And yes, it looks like "he" is looking off picture to the front of the marchers.

Much like that picture you posted of the mutant, if the head was looking down and to the left more... and if the subject had a early 60's business standard haircut and was wearing a suit, was clean shaven and not sneering... otherwise ... close, heh.

The others that I've seen, with help, are a bit more eerily legible than that one, though. I can see why some think it's photo-shopped.

The MLK one, even though I know just where and what to look for, hasn't congealed for me. I bet it will eventually.

And the most obvious is the skull/J.B one... but I can see why many can't see them and until recently, I couldn't either.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Baddogma

Yes, it does look like RFK and I'm glad you see it, too. Once seen, that one is pretty apparent, though even more impressionistic... except for the hair, hairline and general facial outlines. And yes, it looks like "he" is looking off picture to the front of the marchers.

Much like that picture you posted of the mutant, if the head was looking down and to the left more... and if the subject had a early 60's business standard haircut and was wearing a suit, was clean shaven and not sneering... otherwise ... close, heh.

The others that I've seen, with help, are a bit more eerily legible than that one, though. I can see why some think it's photo-shopped.

The MLK one, even though I know just where and what to look for, hasn't congealed for me. I bet it will eventually.

And the most obvious is the skull/J.B one... but I can see why many can't see them and until recently, I couldn't either.

Ah, so RFK has joined JFK, JLK, and the GOL. So we've got to show you MLK now. Here he is, look fast:

The black guy, looking out from between holes in the white clouds.

I'll try to do a verbal.

Ah, man, you're on a roll, so this one is easy. Start where the "e" in "share" ends, take that line out to the middle of the black area, and look just above it, the black guy's left eye. It's even got an iris, it's got everything. If you can see the eye I bet the rest of him jumps into view.

EDIT: I just looked at that eye in 300 zoom, and it's got the iris, the white of the eye, eyelashes, and a little fold under the eye. Thank goddess this was taken in 1965 and has been known and published thousands of times since, because that eye is perfect, and not photoshopped. I guess at some point someone who sees the stuff will argue photoshop, it will likely come to that. RFK? Man, you found RFK!

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

He (or someone) finally popped out in very good detail ... wow.

In comparison, the RFK is very very vague and wispy, like a Monet compared with a photo.

This is cooler than I thought at first few glances. Some of those details are amazing... AND so many other human forms and heads are formed once one's head is in the "zone."

I'm off to see if other black and white cloud photos hold the same illusions.
edit on 12/7/2013 by Baddogma because: Ohhhh

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Baddogma

He (or someone) finally popped out in very good detail ... wow.

In comparison, the RFK is very very vague and wispy, like a Monet compared with a photo.

This is cooler than I thought at first few glances. Some of those details are amazing... AND so many other human forms and heads are formed once one's head is in the "zone."

I'm off to see if other black and white cloud photos hold the same illusions.
edit on 12/7/2013 by Baddogma because: Ohhhh

Yeah, that particular image is like a photo, and I still am amazed at the details - such as the perfect eye. The RFK seems quite solid when seen, for me at least, but nothing like that "Dr. King" (and arguably it could be King) head. RFK would part his hair on his right, so after looking at pics of him I went back to your find and saw the hair seems parted on the right. Also googled "Robert Kennedy" and "Voting rights" and yes, he was very active in the push for full voting rights for all citizens, something I didn't know (I knew he was active in assisting the civil rights movement from his position as America's Attorney General, but not in voting rights, which it turns out he worked for).

It was during an evening I spent on top a large hill in Theodore Roosevelt National Park in North Dakota that I started to look at the dark areas of clouds as a way of seeing animals and human faces. With a little help from my friends it's easy to spot this stuff.

Maybe other iconic photos of major events hold the same type of thing. On this particular photo of the Selma to Montgomery march it would be an interesting experiment to pick other fields of endeavor other than voting rights prominence to see if major faces associated with those fields also show up. But sticking with the voting rights theme, I'm expecting Alice Paul, Emmeline Pankhurst, Susan Anthony and Elizabeth Cady Stanton to show up, or at least Paul who was the "James Bevel" of the 1910s Women's Voting Rights Movement just as Bevel was the Alice Paul of his time.

Reminds me, you allude at times to the "Bevel image" being a skull. The Bevel image I see has no skull characteristics, but is a full face facing right along the line of marchers. He has his eyes closed though, as if asleep.

Another note, mixing apples and oranges to make appages (ummmm, appages), is it possible that the "Bevel face" Observer1 sees may be the Lincoln face after all? I watched the end of Speilberg's "Lincoln" last night and Daniel Day-Lewis's portrayal of an older Lincoln, when he was fighting with what turned out to be his last breaths for the anti-slavery amendment, and spoke in his last speech about "Negro voting rights" (some speculate Booth decided to kill him when he heard him say something about blacks should someday have the vote), looked craggily and older, like the pic. I'll put Observer1's pic up again, so I could stare at it like a dog staring at an elusive squirrel, to see if Lincoln's hat is in there and, of course, to see the young Lady Liberty again...

EDIT: I dunno, kind of Lincoln but nothing like the standard pictures of him. Lincoln seems to have kinder eyes than this image, but then again, Lincoln angry must have been a sight to behold. Maybe on this one I'm trying to stuff a turkey into a chicken suit (unless his hat becomes apparent at some point).

edit on 8-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join