It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Pareidolia in History: Dr. King, James Bevel, JFK, Lincoln, Goddess of Liberty in iconic photo

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I dunno, it might be because some of us really struggle to see anything whatsoever in that picture.

I dont think you are trolling, or any other such nonsense..

I think you are seeing something pretty cool, but even with all of the instructions, provided red circles, etc I just flat out dont see anything noteworthy (other than the captured event itself).

Your imagination must be a great one, and I mean that sincerely!

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Serdgiam

I dunno, it might be because some of us really struggle to see anything whatsoever in that picture.

I dont think you are trolling, or any other such nonsense..

I think you are seeing something pretty cool, but even with all of the instructions, provided red circles, etc I just flat out dont see anything noteworthy (other than the captured event itself).

Your imagination must be a great one, and I mean that sincerely!

Thank you Serdgiam, I'd be honored if I could add you as a friend. Jeez, I can hear the crickets buzzing, and I've only been here off and on since 2011, hanging out on threads with you guys. Granted, this isn't my main social site, that's uncy, but that's gotten weird and not as fun to hang out at. I still write there, and have done a damn fine job, thank you very much, as I wrote about many topics, most of them purposely sharing information that I've found useful in life. It's fun writing satire. I only wrote a totally satiric thread on ATS once, on April Fools Day when I thought I read it was alright to do that. I haven't looked at it since, but if I recall semi-correctly I admitted it was a fake right after I was called on it. That was April fools day. This is not, and I am not making this up, those faces are in there and it's pretty cool to be able to see them all at once with the marchers marching along beneath them. Kennedy is smack dab in the middle, like a balloon head or something, and his eyes and facial structure seem to be very Kennedyisque, hard to mistake him for anyone else - once you see him. A friend said she saw a skull, but I pointed out that the skull she was seeing had hair. "Oh yeah," was about the extent of it.

And the one I'm calling Dr. King, and maybe someone can get a large screen shot of just the upper right hand corner of the picture, where the white clouds are in the upper right (thanks if someone can, I do not learn computer stuff easily, and it seems to be in the same missing concept-bundle in my brain where maths should be - I flunked algerbra in high school three times, it didn't and doesn't make sense to me. The same area holds "How to diagram a sentence", which is empty for me and caused me to go to summer school twice. Computer stuff lives in there, and what I've learned of coding and doing a few things I never imagined doing, like uploading a picture from the internet to another place on the internet, I've learned at uncy and here.) So, please, could someone do a zoom shot of at least that upper right hand corner and plop it on the thread somewhere, that would be a great help. Thanks.

And when that picture comes, imagine, if you will, that the white area is white wood, or building siding, which has three areas of holes in it. The black color behind the wall, looking out, it's a black guy. He's looking out the middle area. I'm calling him Dr. King, because he looks enough like him to make the argument.

Thanks again for your comment, and to the rest of you guys, I'm going to prove it.

edit on 3-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I think its an interesting exercise in psychology if nothing else.

Its actually pretty easy to work a program to outline the things you want. I think that if you can navigate ATS and the web, that you can definitely do that as well.

There are a ton of tutorials online, depending on what software you have available (and Id bet you have at least one that would do it). Youtube is a great resource for things like that. I can help you as well, through U2U, if you wish.

Even with further instruction, all I see is differing pockets of air densities, moisture, and various other things. I kind of see the math and patterns running behind it, so I get the whole idea of being able to see things in a way that some others might not.

I think that if you were enabled with the tools and know-how, that you could show us a bit better how you see that picture. I dont see it now, but who knows?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

Hi, and I may take you up on your kind offer, thank you. I'll contact you tomorrow, but not today, some tv time (catching last night's episode of the series about Masters and Johnson, the two sexual response researchers, who should have been given the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Virginia Johnson just died, not too long ago, and I for one neglected to think about her and her and his work much, if at all, and realize their accomplishments. Anyway, yes, thank you. I doubt if I'll be a good pupil though, as I don't even know what's on this computer and where to find it.

And the thing about this claim, I must admit, is it demands some proof. Because it's so cool. If I can prove my point, and I wouldn't be surprised if others did so long before I'm able to draw outlines around areas of what you accurately describe concerning clouds, and others can see the faces as described, that'd be fun. And I have no doubt others will see them all, and when you see the Goddess of liberty she is so cute - I've never seen an image of a young Goddess of Liberty, sort of a Disney version, maybe 19 years old, or a few years on either side (yes, I sound like a crazy man, lol, but I report on what I see and know.) and one who has a long staff with a flame, which is likely closer to the original version of the Goddess of Liberty than today's versions standing stiffly in a harbor in the States or on a river in France.

edit on 3-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
By looking at the picture I could see this colored man's face in the clouds.. Not even know who this man was I begun to look for the picture that resembled the face I was seeing in the clouds , Calling the OP names doesn't make sense because the ones Who don't clearly see the signs of the spirits are missing the whole point here..

Rest in peace James I saw you in the clouds..and will see you again some day.
edit on 0b13America/ChicagoThu, 05 Dec 2013 03:54:13 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 05 Dec 2013 03:54:13 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Pareidolia can often be fun, but it's a mistake to ascribe any great meaning to it. It's just the way our brains are wired to make sense of random patterns, no mystery there.

Myself, I cannot see anything of any note in the clouds in the image, apart from a squashed Clone Trooper helmet on the top right. Which I am now unable to unsee

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I feel the frustration... heh. I actually got a glimpse of two of what is being discussed ...and it's neat.

My own odd cloud experiences are myriad and I don't automatically laugh at folks who think spirits can manifest in them... anymore. One experience of idly watching a cloudy night sky made myself and friend run indoors as the seemingly animated cloud picture overhead grew rather menacing... I'm willing to say it was likely a chance effect, but boy... evil face with mouth moving like it was speaking! Thank whatever we didn't hear a voice.

In fact, someone I was close to and was a sane, solid, CPA type showed me how he could affect clouds with his mind and launched me on my present odyssey when I was 18.

He "made" five or six cumulus clusters grow a hole in their centers so that there was a string of smoke rings in the cloudy sky. This effort took about a half-minute per cloud clump. I have never seen the like again and he was serious, performed as advertised on the clouds I picked and made me quite shaken.

The effort left him feeble for a day. He told me he realized he had this ability when on a bombing mission over France in WWII... they were being shot out of the sky and needed to release the bombs and it was overcast... he was so frantic he concentrated on burning a hole through with his mind... and a hole in the cloud cover appeared so they bombed and fled.

He repeated this until he was convinced he had the ability... and perhaps that helps explain it in the mind over matter aspect?

So... clouds... um, yeah.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

0bserver1
By looking at the picture I could see this colored man's face in the clouds.. Not even know who this man was I begun to look for the picture that resembled the face I was seeing in the clouds , Calling the OP names doesn't make sense because the ones Who don't clearly see the signs of the spirits are missing the whole point here..

Rest in peace James I saw you in the clouds..and will see you again some day.
edit on 0b13America/ChicagoThu, 05 Dec 2013 03:54:13 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 05 Dec 2013 03:54:13 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

Hi Observer. This one is totally new to me, you are seeing a "James Bevel" face in the cloud that I have never seen before your post. To me it looks a little like a wolfman, although if I look at your picture of Bevel then I can make out some of the details you must mean, but his eyes don't seem to be Bevel's. I can make out the white beard and mustache, and his mouth, and then ----- ok, looked at it more, and there seem to be three ways to see it, the face looking to the left, one straight on, and one looking to the right that's more of a profile who doesn't look like Bevel at all. The other two, the more I look at them, are becoming a stronger brain-connection and I recognize them as faces but the eyes don't seem to fit Bevel. The "James Bevel" face I saw and wrote the original uncy page about was independently found yesterday on another thread I made (which was closed and directed here), and I'll write up a new post about that one next, which will include the discovery of the Bevel face that at least I and now another poster see when we look at the pic. And your face seems to be looking straight at the viewer, where the faces I've found all seem to be looking right at the line of marchers. I'll have to work yours in to give a guess who it might be. But......

......you've left a perfect picture to find the Goddess of Liberty. You, my friend, since you can see the face you posted, can now easily find the Liberty, or at least her wand. The flame of her wand is the light between the eyes of the face you identify as Bevel, with the black staff (just a black line) running down thru his left nostril until it ends in her hand just under his bottom lip.

Wanted to also make clear that I'm not claiming these are spirits who have imprinted themselves on the picture. I do use that angle in satire on the "James Bevel face in a cloud" page on uncy, that ghosthunters run away when they saw the faces, etc., just as satire, which often contains the most far out versions of interpretations of data. This is not, for me, an exercise in religion.

Thank you for both coming here (I asked Observer to take a look after seeing his thread on the face in the 911 steel beam, linked herewww.abovetopsecret.com... ) and for finding another face - please stick around and let's look together, you make me glad I didn't outline the faces yet, as this is a new find!

edit on 5-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

I'm seeing the resemblance gain subtlety as I look at your picture more, lots of white whiskers are worked in there which is really nice, and his square hat that he wore in later years seems to be on the images head. The photograph of Bevel that you found, did you search under his name for photos, or did you search civil rights pictures? And that's interesting you came upon one which fits very well, per angle of the perceived face, especially, as I'm perceiving it, around the mouth and facial hair when he had greyer hair in his older years. I don't see his right eye (yet?) but his left eye is where I have the trouble, doesn't seem like a Bevel feel about it, although as I look at it further that may form in my brain's pattern recognition software.

EDIT, maybe an hour later: Oh, I see what you did, you turned the picture a little bit. I've never tried turning the picture (duh!). The part of the unturned picture in that same area is what one poster called "Hellboy", but turned it takes on the perspective that you've found. Nice.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

dogsounds
Pareidolia can often be fun, but it's a mistake to ascribe any great meaning to it. It's just the way our brains are wired to make sense of random patterns, no mystery there.

Myself, I cannot see anything of any note in the clouds in the image, apart from a squashed Clone Trooper helmet on the top right. Which I am now unable to unsee

Of course, I totally agree. And that's why this one is so fun - lots of the images made out of the random patterns happen to be relevant to the civil rights movement and freedom.

That said, I can't picture a Clone Trooper helmet, can you import a pic of one? Thanks. Or if you can, would you outline the helmet you see on the picture? Thanks!

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

thanks for the post, that's a very good story about your friend who could make holes in clouds. I don't doubt that one is possible, from experience, although burning a hole through five of them in the sky while telling you he was doing it makes for a very strong memory.

The spirit stuff, again, I'm not sayng spirits are appearing in the clouds. Just that some of the patterns appearing in this cloud in this particular picture can be pried out of it and made to look like relevant faces and other parts of bodies (JFK has his left hand out in a thumbs up salute, and the Goddess of Liberty is there from the waist up - although realize these are names I'm giving to color variations in the picture, just like we do in real life with everything around us) and are very interesting when taken as a unit.

Can you point out the faces you are seeing a little? Thanks, and thanks for coming by and sharing that great story.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Here is the link to a thread I made of Dr. King's face in the cloud, which I asked the mods to keep up. But it was reverted to here. If you are reading this thread, please read that one too:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It focuses on finding Dr. King's face in the upper right hand corner of the main photograph. I figured after my credibility was seriously called into question on this thread that I would concentrate on one face at a time. The thread on Dr. King's produced several results, notably by user alienjuggalo, who independently found the face of James Bevel that I was referring to. He did so about 20 minutes after the thead was posted (although I didn't recognize the very zoomed in version, and it took awhile before I realized he had probably found it. Then he posted a circled picture, and there it was! The link to his post where he posted the circled pic, although he had talked and posted close-up pics earlier in the thread:

Here is the circled pic alienjuggalo posted:

In it the "James Bevel" image has his eyes closed, and his beard, eyebrows, nose, mouth, etc., are within the circled portion.

alienjuggalo also posted a pic of the upper right hand corner of the picture to assist the thread, where I can see a black guy is looking out from between the dark openings in the white cloud. Do you see him? I call that image Dr. King, and see it almost as clear as a photograph:

Dr. King's left eye in that picture can be found by focusing on the "share" tab. Look between the top of the tag and the "e" in "share", and then move along that line just a little bit. I perceive that eye as very detailed, and it has an iris and, like I mention, seems to me clear as a photograph. Once you see that eye you may see the black guy's face pop into view, and it's arguably that of Dr. King. Anybody seeing it?

Thanks for reading that thread as well. Lots of good comments on it, and Phage makes an appearance and leaves some good links to how our minds perceive images such as these. But it's best result is an independent confirmation of the face I'm calling James Bevel's.

This may be a good time to repost the original photograph, so the areas discussed in the last series of posts can be located:

To compare, here's a picture of Bevel from the late 1980s:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Incredibly poor example of paradoilia. All I can see is half a face of something which looks like an ape with LOTS of fantasy. It's not good paradoilia if you have to point it out first for people to see something.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

NoRulesAllowed
Incredibly poor example of paradoilia. All I can see is half a face of something which looks like an ape with LOTS of fantasy. It's not good paradoilia if you have to point it out first for people to see something.

This is not just one face, but a whole series of them and, if they can be accurately pointed out and seen by someone else as a unit, therein lies its uniqueness. Did you read the entire thread, and the thread linked in the last post? That may change your mind on this (literally!). And like I've been saying, just wait till you see the goddess of Liberty, which I will get to in a few hours using the photo sections posted by alienjuggalo and Observer1.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
hierarchyreply to post by Aleister

Thanks for the appreciation. . I tell you how to me I knew this was him.. not even knowing and reading your complete story to not get clouded by whom we're talking about . I studied the picture and felt this presents that gave me when stared at the clouds I could see this colored man face down.
The outlines I draw are merely of how one should interpret the direction to look at also tilting the image could be more clear to the viewer.
But the face in what you said ,that it's facing downwards is correct. The other side is not visible to the viewer. But I believe its there when you would stand beneath it and looked up.
Maybe some don't have the ability to feel a presents when they work with spiritual items but in my case I can feel them. Not as strong as some other people have but it's there and want to keep it on this level. .

Finally I begun to read the full story you wrote and everything came clear of who this strong personality was. This spirit is a very strong spirit that it can manifest itself in the clouds not all can , well most can't.One can almost say there's a peaceful hierarchy up there. But also to my conclusion is that conscience act will interact with other consciousness that bonds all matter as one.

The story that you told me about the airpilot I think could be two things . The conscience of the pilot and the double slit theory.
I do not totally understand how those two are related but I have the feeling it could be in relation with each other. .

If you need more material for me to look at and even make it more presentable for the public to understand stand what you want point out let me know I will gladly help you

Thanks Aleister
edit on 0b17America/ChicagoFri, 06 Dec 2013 03:27:17 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 06 Dec 2013 03:27:17 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I see Voldemort.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

zazzafrazz
I see Voldemort.

Alright. Now imagine that your picture was part of a real unshopped picture and not a graphic, an iconic photograph of the 1997 Hogwarts to London march, the most influential march by wizards and witches to obtain their full rights as citizens of Britain. Then in the cloud formation of that photograph you find not only Voldemort, but Dumbledore, Harry Potter, a couple of the founders of Hogwarts, and the Goddess of Magick, all looking down approvingly upon the line of marching wizards and witches.

If you were the first one to spot those influential wizards and witches in the most iconic photograph of their most famous march, you'd likely put up a thread and work it too.

edit on 6-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Thanks. It is an interesting history. I don't know about the spirits of the images involved manifesting, that's above my pay grade. Bevel was a strong personality for sure, as were Dr. King and JFK, the two others who seem very obvious in the pic. Not to mention the Goddess of Liberty, who I'll focus on next - maybe you can help "see" her and share her with the thread.

I'm kind of glad that I haven't the know-how or the programs on my computer to outline the figures I see, as it's nice to have others find them (as alienjuggalo did with the Bevel face that I was seeing), and then for you to find another face which is both seeable and describable, down to the images individual whiskers.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Phage linked two research and information links in the thread that was closed and moved here ("Dr. King's face found in a cloud in iconic 1960s photograph"), discussing how our brains are wired to see these type of images. Here's the link to his post on that thread:

I agree that our brains are wired that way. But myself, and then others, seeing, duplicating, and communicating the forms and locations of the "found faces" in the OP photo, is also an example of the way our brains obtain a handle on the world around us as infants - we have to learn to pick objects out of the storm of signals coming into our eyes, ears, and other senses, and eventually learn to move around in them. On that level all is illusion, as we start to separate the sense impressions into objects that we can distinguish from the background noise.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Pareidolia some say it's just imagination others swear they believe it's a sign from other dimensions. ...

Those who opose and those who believe will balance the fact into twilight. .

Pareidolia is a scientific word pronounced by I think by some psychiatrist who probably know that most scientists with high iq's have a form of autism and probably can't see beyond the realm of what can't be seen or felt by persons with a higher form of eq , including themselves.

High-functioning autism (HFA) is at one end of the ASD spectrum. Signs and symptoms are less severe than with other forms of autism. In fact, a person with high-functioning autism usually has average or above-average intelligence. The differences from other forms of autism have led many psychiatrists to consider high-functioning autism as similar to or the same as Asperger's syndrome. However, usually children with HFA have language delays early on like other children with autism. Children with Asperger’s, though, don’t show classic language delays until they have enough spoken language so that their language difficulties can be noted.

But everything thing has to be labeled with a scientific etiquette to be understand as real and genuine.
So the first blatant statements about discoveries beyond our imaginary thinking will be dismissed by science. ..

But after long research they find out that first observations weren't that stupid at all . This has be going on for ages and it will be going on for ages.

But it seems that science always have to reverse the statements they made in the past. But mostly they are to stubern to acknowledge the error they made so they wrap it in gift paper and present it slightly different. .

So finally everybody wins sometimes but all in different time periods.

It's debating the un- debatable but has to be to get science going

Peace

edit on 0b30America/ChicagoFri, 06 Dec 2013 06:32:30 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 06 Dec 2013 06:32:30 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join