It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

christmas shopping,grrrrrrrr

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
its come round again and i,m stressing out already

does anyone else feel like i,ve run out of things to buy someone?mean like my mum the last few years i,ve bought her stuff to come in to the 21st century like,new tv,dvd player,laptop,new microwave the list goes on and in last couple of years i have seriously struggled to think of things to get her. i mean stuff like new jumpers,jacket,shoes,boots etc is what she gets every year anyway so its like arrrggggh what is left?

as for girlfriend she is even worse,shes not a girly girl who like wants makeup or a nice dress or new shoes,infact she would hate stuff like that and even in Jewellery i,ve bought her everything you can think of in last 3 years.

3 weeks to go and i know what hair i have left its going to be pulled out in frustration,god i hate Christmas,roll on jan

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

Buy your mum some socks and underpants...See how she likes it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

TheDoctor46

Buy your mum some socks and underpants...See how she likes it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh god i would wish it to be that easy

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Christmas is indeed stressful. I tend to drink a bit more this time of year. A few ideas for the girlfriend.

1. Get her vehicle detailed
2. Gift certificate for massage
3. A robe
4. Tickets to concert, sporting event or vacation.

If that fails then do like the Justin Timberlake song and put your junk in a box.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

catfishjoe
Christmas is indeed stressful. I tend to drink a bit more this time of year. A few ideas for the girlfriend.

3. A robe

If that fails then do like the Justin Timberlake song and put your junk in a box.
see we,r going to paris at start of jan for a christmas present to each other(her idea) but still feel i have to get her stuff to open on christmas day,tickets to a show or concert i may look in to,thanx

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

sparky31

catfishjoe

3. A robe

see we,r going to paris at start of jan for a christmas present to each other(her idea) but still feel i have to get her stuff to open on christmas day,tickets to a show or concert i may look in to,thanx

Moulan Rogue Tickets!!!! My wife and I went to Paris several years ago and she loved the shows.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Gift cards. For the person who has everything. Even a visa one is good. Solves every problem.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

catfishjoe

sparky31

catfishjoe

3. A robe

Moulan Rogue Tickets!!!! My wife and I went to Paris several years ago and she loved the shows.
probably look in to it but see thats part of my problem i always leave things to the last min

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Tylerdurden1
Gift cards. For the person who has everything. Even a visa one is good. Solves every problem.
i would do that but feels like a cop out to me,see thats my problem,no matter what i buy someone i feel like is that really good enough?maybe thats why i feel stressed out over it all.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

superman2012

I'm sure they have nothing on this list.
will go through the rest later but is the toilet bowl coffee mug just not wrong

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

That is just awesome! I don't shop online very much, but that is the greatest online shop I have ever seen!LOL!! Thanks to you I might be able to surprise my husband this year, and with something useful and stupid all in one.

To the OP, I have long ago come to the conclusion that if a person will be ugly about anything that is gifted them, then it's not worth it. She sounds pretty down to earth though from your brief description and I'm sure will be thrilled with anything. Try a yummy treat, a special chocolate or fancy bottle of wine, it's always fun to try new things. Have fun on your trip and have a good Christmas!
edit on 2-12-2013 by woodsmom because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

woodsmom

That is just awesome! I don't shop online very much, but that is the greatest online shop I have ever seen!LOL!! Thanks to you I might be able to surprise my husband this year, and with something useful and stupid all in one.

To the OP, I have long ago come to the conclusion that if a person will be ugly about anything that is gifted them, then it's not worth it. She sounds pretty down to earth though from your brief description and I'm sure will be thrilled with anything. Try a yummy treat, a special chocolate or fancy bottle of wine, it's always run to try new things. Have fun on your trip and have a good Christmas!
have to be a yummy treat,shes t total which is more stress
thank you i,ve never been to Paris but sure i,ll enjoy it and have a great christmas yourself,hope santas good to you

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Thank you. Santa is always good to me, hehe.
I gave up on searching out most gifts a long time ago and started handing out jellies and other things that I have made. Smoked salmon, smoked sea salt, and the homemade liqueurs go over the best so far. Make it fun and all will be good, it's all about the moments created and not the gift in the package.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

woodsmom

Thank you. Santa is always good to me, hehe.
I gave up on searching out most gifts a long time ago and started handing out jellies and other things that I have made. Smoked salmon, smoked sea salt, and the homemade liqueurs go over the best so far. Make it fun and all will be good, it's all about the moments created and not the gift in the package.

wish i could get that in my head but as i said i put more pressure on myself cause when i buy presents i think thats crap and feel like i need to get something better,really don,t know why.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I'm done shopping. We gave grassfed, organic, 3 week dry aged Limosine beef for presents this year. Kind of expensive but I know it won't be wasted anyway. Upped my purchase to a half instead of a quarter this year. The grandkids were even happy that they got more meat for their present. Funny how we think that kids want toys but they would actually like to have better food for a while.

I would have never thought that kids would like that.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

What a site love it..Death Star Ice Cubes come on

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Man Im depressed.

Trips to paris, dunno what to get, got the computers, tv, house, moon rocks, yacht, trip to space... what to get next.. so rich and have no ideas.

I'll be lucky to really be able to afford a decent card for anyone here.

Ahh well, luckily it's christmas when the people you care about are what is important.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

winofiend
Man Im depressed.

Trips to paris, dunno what to get, got the computers, tv, house, moon rocks, yacht, trip to space... what to get next.. so rich and have no ideas.

I'll be lucky to really be able to afford a decent card for anyone here.

Ahh well, luckily it's christmas when the people you care about are what is important.

lol what you think i,m rich?i bloody wish.the trip to paris is only costing us £100 odd each and the tvs etc aren,t exactlly huge gifts when u can get an lcd tv for like a £100 odd these days.if i was rich then i wouldn,t have problems buying people anything.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I'm sorry you're so stressed about buying gifts.

I wanna say so many things but don't know how to express myself right now...

I don't buy anyone gifts except my son. I make my own Christmas cards for my family and then put a school pic of my son in there. This year I've decided I'm gonna make yummy treats for friends and family called Oreo balls..

I just feel Christmas should be more about giving love and doing for others that don't have anything. Oh and also spending time with family that you normally don't see or what not...

If me and my mate were going to Paris.. Well that would sure be enough for me.
As for your mom... Well when my mom was alive, I would get her a candle that smelled good to me... Ones that smell like sweet apple are nice.

Good luck and god speed

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join