It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wage Strikes Planned at Fast Food Outlets in 100 US Cities on Thursday (12/5/13)

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

macman
reply to post by TheRegal

So, again, just a little bit of rights removal, to take from some, to give to others.

Just a weee little bit.........

Sounds fantastic. *Shakes head*

What rights are those?

I'm sorry that people think making a wage that you can feed yourself with takes precidence over a CEO putting a new picasso in his deluxe yacht.

Keep shaking that head. You have no point to make.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

TDawgRex
reply to post by macman

Yep. I've worked for a union once and boy did they screw me over. I vowed at the time that I would never work with a union required job ever since.

A good employer will take care of their employees without unions. They're not needed anymore.

Their day in the sun has past.

the problem is...."good employer"...are few and far between....I wish people would actually read a history book on "THE WHY" unions were formed in the first place. many workers were killed and injured by goons who were hired by wealthy owners to stop unions. it's a wonder to me why the wealthy were not shot, or had their mansions burned down, due to their abject hatred of the workers they employed.
edit on 13-12-2013 by jimmyx because: spell

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

The rights of I don't know, actually not have something stolen by the Govt to give to others.

Regardless if you think someone has too much, it doesn't give you the right to take just a little from them to give to others.

If you want those things, maybe work to get it, instead of looking to Govt to steal it away from someone and hand it to you.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

jimmyx
it's a wonder to me why the wealthy were not shot, or had their mansions burned down, due to their abject hatred of the workers they employed.
edit on 13-12-2013 by jimmyx because: spell

You have got to be kidding me.

Because if those "wealthy" people were killed, those people would not have a job to go to.

I didn't really see any mention of those "wealthy" evil people forcing people to work for them.

edit on 13-12-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I'm a history buff and do know why unions were formed and agree that they were needed at THAT time. But they have become what they once fought against. Unions are now like a tick in your nether regions sucking your blood without you realizing it until they have grown fat and soft.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

TDawgRex
reply to post by jimmyx

I'm a history buff and do know why unions were formed and agree that they were needed at THAT time. But they have become what they once fought against. Unions are now like a tick in your nether regions sucking your blood without you realizing it until they have grown fat and soft.

You can replace "unions" with the "republican party" and the statement would be true.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

LDragonFire

TDawgRex
reply to post by jimmyx

You can replace "unions" with the "republican party" and the statement would be true.

Go bang your ideological drum elsewhere please.

I see liberals, and progressives (Both R and D's) as the enemy of the state. And they should be dealt with as such, imprisoned, at least there they can have their kumbaya state and not hurt others. The state of the union is what it is because of those idiots.
edit on 13-12-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

TDawgRex

LDragonFire

TDawgRex
reply to post by jimmyx

I see liberals, and progressives (Both R and D's) as the enemy of the state. And they should be dealt with as such, imprisoned, at least there they can have they're kumbaya satae and not hurt others. The state of the union is what it is because of those idiots.

Getting rid of unions, claiming unions have outgrown there usefulness are current republican mantras. I see the extreme right as fascist, but I believe in the constitution, too bad you don't.

Whats that? You have some ideology on your lips!!
edit on 13-12-2013 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

LDragonFire

TDawgRex

LDragonFire

TDawgRex
reply to post by jimmyx

I see liberals, and progressives (Both R and D's) as the enemy of the state. And they should be dealt with as such, imprisoned, at least there they can have they're kumbaya satae and not hurt others. The state of the union is what it is because of those idiots.

Getting rid of unions, claiming unions have outgrown there usefulness are current republican mantras. I see the extreme right as fascist, but I believe in the constitution, too bad you don't.

I totally believe in the constitution.

But if you don't believe that corporations are people (And I don't)...then you should also believe that unions are not people either (Or that either).

It works both ways. Tit for Tat.

They are both lobbying powers that need to be done away with.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I love how people see wealth redistribution as "stealing".

You can't have something stolen that was never really yours to begin with. No one "owns" anything except the private thoughts and feelings in their head. And watch out, they're coming after those soon.

Everything and anything can be taken away at any time by the government. Even if you have your home paid off you still have to pay property tax. Liens can be filed and your personal effects taken.

You can work as hard as possible to have all the nice things you want -- but at the end of the day you paid for them with money that's essentially worthless.

You can't take your hot tub or Mercedes with you when you die.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
making angry eyes at my computer

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

TDawgRex
reply to post by jimmyx

I totally believe in the constitution.

But if you don't believe that corporations are people (And I don't)...then you should also believe that unions are not people either (Or that either).

It works both ways. Tit for Tat.

They are both lobbying powers that need to be done away with.

On this point I agree with you 100%

Imprisoning people because they don't share your political views is not constitutional. Going back to 1980 Republicans have been in control of the government for 20 years compared to Democrats 12 years, so who has messed up the country?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

My right to own property trumps the Hippie feel good mantra every day.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

TDawgRex
reply to post by jimmyx

Go bang your ideological drum elsewhere!

My Unions [SAG/AFTRA and ITASE] still protect me from rip off production companies, affordable health care that the production companies won't and recourse if hurt on the job. The exact reason unions were started in the first place.

My union membership dues is money well spent!!! My education and experience warrant the wages I'm paid!!

www.sagaftra.org...
www.iatse-intl.org...

If you are bothered by this...quit watching TV and Movies....all union shop.....

All sports teams and players are represented by their own union and engages in collective bargaining. Why should food workers be denied this opportunity?
edit on 13-12-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Wow, I must be doing something wrong then.

I have never been part of a Union, and have always been paid a great wage, with all benefits and have a retirement plan pushing forward.

Geez, wonder where I went wrong in life, where I don't have a Union "looking out" for me.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

I'm sorry if I find it hard to take you seriously as you go on saying that taking other peoples' money and giving it to those who need it is wrong.

Weren't you in the military?

Who do you think pays for military salaries? Hard work? Discipline? Baby Jesus?

Overwhelming revelation: It's the taxpayers. (Shocker)

My, my. Aren't you just a little "thief" by your own description.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

And the military member pays taxes as well.

Yet, I have never heard of a military member sitting on their butt, and receiving a paycheck for being "poor".

Want to try that again????

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

TheRegal

I'm sorry if I find it hard to take you seriously as you go on saying that taking other peoples' money and giving it to those who need it is wrong.

That is called theft.
Except when you want it done to "certain" people, and the Govt is the thief.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

macman

And the military member pays taxes as well.

Yet, I have never heard of a military member sitting on their butt, and receiving a paycheck for being "poor".

Want to try that again????

Do you think multiple question marks will suddenly make you have a point?

These people seldom "sit on their butt".

Searching for employment is a full-time job that would otherwise pay absolutely nothing; especially if you don't have a phone, a method of transportation, or a nice shirt. You think they should probably just starve, right?

And yes, military personnel absolutely pay taxes... with their money that they got from taxpayers. Point is moot yet again.

Honestly, I think it's great that you're forced to pay money that you got from military "service" back to people. Your "service", after all, probably didn't benefit any of them at all. You might as well have just been sitting on your butt; I'd rather be paying to feed you even though that's what you're doing than paying for you to participate in what was likely corporate warfare. Or are you still under the impression that the US military hasn't gone beyond an essential service at all?

(I honestly hold no resentment to people who were in the military but if you're going to show up here and act like you're better than poor people because you were in the military, then I have no problem whatsoever serving you the same level of disrespect that you're dishing out)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

TheRegal

Do you think multiple question marks will suddenly make you have a point?

Nope, but more poetic retorts might..

TheRegal
These people seldom "sit on their butt".

Searching for employment is a full-time job that would otherwise pay absolutely nothing; especially if you don't have a phone, a method of transportation, or a nice shirt. You think they should probably just starve, right?

That is quaint. Very quaint.
Still don't see where it is justifiable to steal from one, to give to another while they "Search" for a job.

TheRegal
And yes, military personnel absolutely pay taxes... with their money that they got from taxpayers. Point is moot yet again.

The Military Member still works for said money. Not just "Job searching".

TheRegal
Honestly, I think it's great that you're forced to pay money that you got from military "service" back to people. Your "service", after all, probably didn't benefit any of them at all.

Oh, so you know the work I did while in?

TheRegal
You might as well have just been sitting on your butt; I'd rather be paying to feed you even though that's what you're doing than paying for you to participate in what was likely corporate warfare.

Oh good hell. Again, you know what I did while in the Military?

TheRegal
Or are you still under the impression that the US military hasn't gone beyond an essential service at all?

Now you want to debate/derail about the Military.

TheRegal
(I honestly hold no resentment to people who were in the military but if you're going to show up here and act like you're better than poor people because you were in the military, then I have no problem whatsoever serving you the same level of disrespect that you're dishing out)

I have summed up this statement for you.

And when did I say i was better?
You sure do have a chip on your shoulder.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join