It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is a place in the heart that will never be filled.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
"There is a place in the heart that will never be filled. A space. And even during the best moments, and the greatest times, we will know it. We will know it more than ever. There is a place in the heart that will never be filled and we will wait and wait in that space."
Charles Bukowski

If you have been or are there, you know it.

Night all.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Nothing like a Bukowsky quote before bed and I'm up early Damn it!!

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I completely agree OP. You can relate this as the metaphor of yin/yang. I too am aware of that dark spot, no light will ever overcome or completely fill. If It could, we would have neither. The great peace and completion comes from accepting this, truly accepting that feeling of in-completion. I know this, but I'm yet to accept it
edit on 1-12-2013 by Tasmanaut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I think every single one of us when being perfectly honest can say they we've felt this way.

And even during the best moments, and the greatest times, we will know it. We will know it more than ever.
This part especially, for me personally proves that we all need a Higher Power, for me that's God...
I know I'll catch Hell from the non believers out there, but whatever...

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
But, it can be filled - don't give up.

You have the answer....

We're prisoners in on own minds.

Don't usually like to cite Wikipedia, but it's the best I can come up with. Plato's Allegory of the Cave.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 1-12-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
We just can't fill it with any material gain, ambitious pursuit or successful venture.

Its the hole we try to fill with drugs and alcohol, food, sex, and none of it satisfies.

Its a hole that can only be made whole by spiritual pursuit.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
It can never be made whole, I'm sorry to say. It already is whole, but the feeling will remain, permanently. Only acceptance of this truth can bring about peace. It is the same as the perception of duality, there is no mystic state of permanent unity. There are moments, but the state too is impermanent. Love can be seen as the answer, but that too is illusion. Some are lucky enough to find someone to share that illusion with, or perhaps unlucky enough... It is what it is, we will never be a perfect, whole being, accepting that is paradoxically brings about exactly that
edit on 1-12-2013 by Tasmanaut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

This is from the Billy Graham Evangelical Association I found it pretty original and it hits on the empty space theme.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I couldn't sleep. so I read the replies. Y'all are so profound!

Tasmanaut

Yes, knowing and not accepting, so the dark spot hangs around. Accepting doesn't change the reality, it just lets you live with what is.

shell69

I am a non believer, none the less, there is something above us all that guides us but perhaps lacks control of that outside us. May have said that wrong because I believe we are all connected to some degree.

Maluhia I know that, just haven't been to access much truth the last few years.

intrptr Yes, alcohol, a demon if there ever was one.

Tasmanaut Yes, you think you are whole till something or someone shows you are not whole. There is a part of you that is missing, but you didn't know it til that something made you whole.

I wonder if it isn't a trick to take you off your path. If so, powerful trick it is.

I had a dream many years ago that i was at the top of a staircase. I too the last step and was on a balconey looking down. People were playing card games. I fell from the balcony. I realized the that the first step is as hard as the last.

This is a truth, I think. Things are put in our path to throw us off, yet we wait, and wait, and wait, for the earthy things we think will make us whole.

At least. that is what I think I do.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Of course the "heart" was created to always have room for more, once filled it grows to capacitate further infiniteness...

But yes here, something is working quite hard to keep it confined, but that will not last long.

All the quotes from everyone trying to figure it out are meaningless gestures, stemming from deluded beliefs that this is some kind of "normal progression", that this journey is somehow supposed to be this way.

Try to be ready for the next phase, for it is completely different.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
That "whole hole of the well of the whale" isn't empty. It just seems that way, sort of like the astronomic concept of a "Black Hole". It's a hole, it's dark, but it's actually "more full" than anything else you can conceive of.

At first I thought my inner well was empty too, than I realized it's like a magician's hat.
Ever since then I have been pulling rabbits, horses, flowers, heck even weapons and all sorts of stuff out of that "whole hole".

It only seems empty because so much is compacted into one spot.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
There is no actual "part of you that is missing". That is an illusion.

In reality you are 'all there'.
All of you, whatever is "left of you", in the case you lost a few parts.

If someone feels empty inside, it is because their life's pursuits are fruitless.
Not because of some physical aspect of their own being.

It isn't a lack of something inside, it's a lack of awareness of the infinity that actually exists within themselves.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I like that, well said. I agree, but I also disagree
This reminds me an aweful lot of something Allan Watt's said in a lecture I listened to. He was talking about Jung and the German term 'hintergedanke', a naging unconsious thought... I think Alan Watts called it 'the element of irreducible rascality'... There is a darkness in us all, and it can never be quelled or overcome. It can't be beaten out, it can't be budged. We can only accept that it is there, and will always be there. To use a wacked-out metaphor, its like meeting Satan face to face and saying in all honesty, 'I love you'
edit on 2-12-2013 by Tasmanaut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
If the stars all fall,
When there's no more light,
and the moon should crumble,
You will be alright.

Don't you worry about the dark.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The "Nothing Box".

My most cherished fortress of solitude.

Mark Gungor has a youtube on it.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
i just don't hold that belief - there are many situations in my life that are almost unbearable but i have found putting my trust in Jesus and getting into His Word fills all those spaces i've set aside for those i love and have broken my heart!

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 21-7-2014 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join