It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little Drummer Boy a capella Brings Tears to my Eyes...Dammit!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Christian or not...This is incredible. As a musician I appreciate the talent itself.

6 million views and counting says something an after watching this, I can understand.

Enjoy!

Something inside of me chokes up when I hear such beautiful sounds in music and I even get to the point of tears sometimes when I hear a beautiful heart felt woman's voice expressing joy. This one had me again.

Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You are one of my favorite.. Thanks for the link.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

mockingmay
reply to post by jude11

You are one of my favorite.. Thanks for the link.

Thanx for that and glad you enjoyed it.

Peace

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I get what you mean. It had me in its clutches the entire time, and I too found it moving. I do believe it's the best version I've heard of this song and it's now my new fave. Thanks for sharing , Jude.
edit on 1-12-2013 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

aboutface
I get what you mean. It had me in its clutches the entire time, and I too found it moving. I do believe it's the best version I've heard of this song is now my new fave. Thanks for sharing , Jude.

Thanx.

My new fav as well.

Peace

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Ty Jude, nothin brings home the Christmas spirit like sweet music. And that is some serious sweet music.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This is fantastic!! I left the Church many moons ago (though Christ Consciousness is tethered to my soul) and I tend to be slightly bitter towards "Jesus birth story" seasonal songs. I still celebrate Xmas in a major way, although now it's more about Santa, the tree, decorations, get-togethers with family & friends and of course all the amazing comfort foods!

However, Little Drummer Boy has always been one of my favorites since I can remember. I enjoy every version and always sing along... this version gave me major goosebumps and choked me up hard core! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Watched that video this morning on The Blaze website. Despite hating Christmas music that rocked. Wonder why I did not share this with everyone hours ago...... So much for the Christmas spirit lol.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

This is all over FB. I wish this style of music would come back. I wished for jazz standards to make a comeback before Buble so we'll see if I'm magical or not.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Wow, pure raw talent.

As far as I'm concerned, some of the best artists out there are the "unknowns".

Great find jude !

Here's one of my favourite videos of almost a capella (just a guitar)... It's a fairly "unknown" band playing a popular Gotye cover song:

(It's not christmas-y though...)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Hated it, I wanted to just punch them all in their smug stupid faces (not the lady btw I would just tell her to get me a turkey sandwich ).
Bah Humbug!!!

edit on 1-12-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
It brought tears to my wife's eyes too. Yeah, I tear'd a bit too...

S&F

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

twohawks
Ty Jude, nothin brings home the Christmas spirit like sweet music. And that is some serious sweet music.

Christian or not...Absolutely beautiful in my eyes....ears as wall.

Peace

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Lazarus Short
It brought tears to my wife's eyes too. Yeah, I tear'd a bit too...

S&F

Thanx.

A little joy with music can go a long way.

Peace

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

boymonkey74
Hated it, I wanted to just punch them all in their smug stupid faces (not the lady btw I would just tell her to get me a turkey sandwich ).
Bah Humbug!!!

edit on 1-12-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

I'm betting you shed a tear or two.

Peace

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

CranialSponge
Wow, pure raw talent.

As far as I'm concerned, some of the best artists out there are the "unknowns".

Great find jude !

Here's one of my favourite videos of almost a capella (just a guitar)... It's a fairly "unknown" band playing a popular Gotye cover song:

(It's not christmas-y though...)

Absolutely fantastic!

Thanx for the share.

Peace

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
excellent... thx

the female voice is probably the most beautiful thing on the planet... makes life worth living.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

superman2012
reply to post by jude11

This is all over FB. I wish this style of music would come back. I wished for jazz standards to make a comeback before Buble so we'll see if I'm magical or not.

A lot of jazz influence is creeping into new music so maybe you are truly a magician?

Peace

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

SisyphusRide
excellent... thx

the female voice is probably the most beautiful thing on the planet... makes life worth living.

Another tear...Thanx a lot!

Peace

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

IrishCream
This is fantastic!! I left the Church many moons ago (though Christ Consciousness is tethered to my soul) and I tend to be slightly bitter towards "Jesus birth story" seasonal songs. I still celebrate Xmas in a major way, although now it's more about Santa, the tree, decorations, get-togethers with family & friends and of course all the amazing comfort foods!

However, Little Drummer Boy has always been one of my favorites since I can remember. I enjoy every version and always sing along... this version gave me major goosebumps and choked me up hard core! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Whatever your choice of faith that brings you peace and not hatred...I'm all for it.

I'm not Christian but I don't have to be in order to appreciate this talent and sound of pure joy.

Peace

<<   2 >>

join