It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biblical City Ruins Discovered UNDER Ruins Of Another Ancient City....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by jimmyx

Here, This should help

what?.... this was common knowledge long before the bible was written....this wasn't a God-given knowledge...what next?....eat the olive, and not the branch it grew from?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

You can Google as well as most hereon, no doubt.

around the turn of the century and some before that--1900--rather--there was a raging custom of "HIGHER CRITICISM" regarding the Biblical text.

These 'lofty scholars' who considered their educations and their brilliance the beginning AND the end all on the subject pontificated at great length on dozens of verses in the Bible about this or that place name. This or that king or general or other noted personage in the Bible.

They tended to screech endlessly about how WRONG the Bible HAD to be in this or that instance . . . or how it was all "SYMBOLIC."

over the following decades, archaeological discovery after archaeological discovery

PROVED THE "HIGHER CRITICISM" "scholars" THOROUGHLY WRONG.

The Bible was proven accurate in detail after detail relentlessly.

Much of the "HIGHER CRITICISM" craze and idiocy faded out accordingly.

edit on 1/12/2013 by BO XIAN because: soften language

edit on 1/12/2013 by BO XIAN because: tags

edit on 1/12/2013 by BO XIAN because: Sigh

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Please, anyone can clearly that everything you say is seen through the glazed eyes of a cult that really picks and chooses what parts of text to examine at all.

The Bible is beyond doubt not at all what ANY form of religions claim it to be, and you know it.

Which was seen clearly, and is by the words BIBLICAL, somehow translating into your mind as telling the Palestinians just who owns the place,

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ParasuvO

NOPE.

Your construction on "reality" . . . your fantasies about such things . . . are the ones overwhelmingly askew from reality.

You have NO explanation for the unprecedented [as in NEVER occurring otherwise in all of recorded history]

REALITY of Israel coming back into their homeland after almost 2,000 years of exile . . . predicted exile . . . and a predicted return

AND USING their all but dead language as the national language.

That NEVER happened before.

You have NO adequate explanation for the wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out of proportion if Jews who have won Novel prizes and who have fostered ground breaking medical, scientific and technological advances enormously beyond their proportion of the world's population. You have NO remotely adequate explanation for that.

You have NO adequate explanation--other than the Biblical one--for the discovery of Egyptian chariot wheels on the other side of the Red Sea precisely where the Red Sea was most likely miraculously parted by God . . . with the chariot wheels being from precisely that era.

You have NO remotely adequate explanation for St Paul's conversion--other than the Biblical one.

You have NO remotely adequate explanation for the 100+ prophecies hundreds of years before Christ's birth about his birth and life--precisely fulfilled--other than the Biblical one.

You have NO remotely adequate explanation--other than the Biblical one--why the nations arrayed against Israel are PRECISELY the ones predicted to be so--FOR THIS END TIMES ERA--thousands of years ago.

= = =

What you sort of loosely have are naysaying fantasies that you are betting your eternal destination on--and which justify rebellious acting out against God and His Manual.

We'll see how that works out for you.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

First before you receive the usual SnF, I would like to know
why I was not personally and individually informed of this casting?
To think you just let me hear of this on the streets of ATS !
Why I nearly fainted when I clicked and saw this was your thread.
What will Quincy say ?
You know I'm all spoiled and expect to be treated with specialities
in abundance. And this being right down my alley even ? What has
happened to our friendship and whah wha whah whah whah ! Thanks
for the thread Slay !

SnF

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

BO XIAN

NOPE.

Your construction on "reality" . . . your fantasies about such things . . . are the ones overwhelmingly askew from reality.

You have NO explanation for the unprecedented [as in NEVER occurring otherwise in all of recorded history]

You may not, but I certainly do.

REALITY of Israel coming back into their homeland after almost 2,000 years of exile . . . predicted exile . . . and a predicted return

Predictions become easier and easier to fulfill with an evident agenda and desire to do so and a large timeframe to accomplish it. I mean if your religion has been preaching for over several millenia that your people will eventually return to your promised land, then all of a sudden you are presented with the opportunity to do so, don't you think you'd jump on that? That seems like a pretty easy prediction to fulfill. That's like me saying that someday, somehow I will own a house. Right now I don't, and as long as I don't die beforehand, eventually I'm sure I'll be in a position to buy a house.

So what? All this shows is that the Hebrew people had much reverence for tradition. Scientists have adopted the Latin language to name scientific things. It doesn't mean that there is some scientific relevance to using Latin.

You have NO adequate explanation for the wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out of proportion if Jews who have won Novel prizes and who have fostered ground breaking medical, scientific and technological advances enormously beyond their proportion of the world's population. You have NO remotely adequate explanation for that.

So what? Obama got the Nobel Peace Prize for being elected President. Both Stalin and Hitler were nominated for them, my opinion of those prizes has been watered down a bit.

You have NO adequate explanation--other than the Biblical one--for the discovery of Egyptian chariot wheels on the other side of the Red Sea precisely where the Red Sea was most likely miraculously parted by God . . . with the chariot wheels being from precisely that era.

Except that it's a hoax that is repeated over and over again by religious types, but always originates from the same source which has been shown to be a hoax. Here's an article from 2012 about it.

Chariot Wheels in the Red Sea Hoax Persists

You have NO remotely adequate explanation for St Paul's conversion--other than the Biblical one.

I might not have a good explanation (can't be bothered to know how to debunk every story in this mythology book), but this website does.

Journeys with an Apostle

In other words he didn't exist or the accounts of his life are widely exaggerated (who woulda guessed...)

You have NO remotely adequate explanation for the 100+ prophecies hundreds of years before Christ's birth about his birth and life--precisely fulfilled--other than the Biblical one.

Sure I do, when you are writing your religious text about a guy who already lived, it is pretty easy to sculpt your prophesies to match the religious person you are writing about. As far as previous prophecies, well we all know how easy it is to attribute THEM to just about any event by altering the meaning of a word or two in the passage. I mean how else would crazies be saying that 9/11 was predicted by the bible?

I'd say that upon the birth of Jesus, when not every Jew alive then didn't believe in Jesus being their foretold messiah would be a good enough case to show that those predictions are flawed. I mean why would an all powerful God decree predictions that are hard to interpret or can cause people to see them the wrong way?

You have NO remotely adequate explanation--other than the Biblical one--why the nations arrayed against Israel are PRECISELY the ones predicted to be so--FOR THIS END TIMES ERA--thousands of years ago.

Really? This site says that that prophecy hasn't even occurred yet. So, maybe go reread that very book you treasure so much. Also it doesn't help that Israel likes to provoke all its neighbors. It's hard to be surprised that all those nations hate them...

Psalm 83 is a prophetic psalm written about 2,000 years ago, describing nations in the Middle East coming against Israel. This must certainly signify an event yet to come, as never before in history have the list of nations within this Psalm all joined together to attack Israel. Verse 4 could have come straight from the mouth of the rulers of the Middle East nations of today:

The future of Israel according to Bible prophecy

= = =

What you sort of loosely have are naysaying fantasies that you are betting your eternal destination on--and which justify rebellious acting out against God and His Manual.

So we shall. You go ahead continue worshiping a despot who punishes you FOREVER for ignoring him your whole life regardless of how good or evil you were. I'm going to continue trying to be as good a person as possible and help my fellow man but not follow some words written by men far older than even the country I was born in.
edit on 2-12-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Fascinating . . . to a point.

It would be slightly interesting to know how you verified that what you thought you knew was really true.

I think my methods work greatly better.

It appears that you have been repeatedly snookered by inaccurate blather.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Because I don't look at the world through a confirmation bias developed from a book written by men several thousand years ago. In addition to that I have a healthy dose of skepticism. I'd ask for sources for your claims, but I've spoken to you before and already know how that will turn out.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

u have done well,, too and i quote

"I'm going to continue trying to be as good a person as possible and help my fellow man"

but sorry not good enough for Christ ,,

"Ye have heard that it hath been said,
Thou shalt love thy neighbour,
and hate thine enemy.
But I say unto you,
Love your enemies, bless them that curse you,
do good to them that hate you,
and pray for them which despitefully use you,
and persecute you;
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven:
for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. ..."

almost there though

just like the rest of us,,almost,,always,,almost.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

You seem to be pretending again that you'd at least feint respect of any solid sources I provided.

LOLOLOLOLOL

I have observed differently with y'all. So why bother.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

BTW, I beg to differ . . .

your CONFIRMATION BIAS

virtually screams and spews out of virtually every one of your posts.

But of course . . . YOUR confirmation bias is holy, perfect and truly the truest truly truth . . . just ask you.

LOLOLOL.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

BTW, I beg to differ . . .

your CONFIRMATION BIAS

virtually screams and spews out of virtually every one of your posts.

But of course . . . YOUR confirmation bias is holy, perfect and truly the truest truly truth . . . just ask you.

LOLOLOL.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Krazysh0t

BO XIAN

NOPE.

You may not, but I certainly do.

Predictions become easier and easier to fulfill with an evident agenda and desire to do so and a large timeframe to accomplish it. I mean if your religion has been preaching for over several millenia that your people will eventually return to your promised land, then all of a sudden you are presented with the opportunity to do so, don't you think you'd jump on that? That seems like a pretty easy prediction to fulfill. That's like me saying that someday, somehow I will own a house. Right now I don't, and as long as I don't die beforehand, eventually I'm sure I'll be in a position to buy a house.

So what? All this shows is that the Hebrew people had much reverence for tradition. Scientists have adopted the Latin language to name scientific things. It doesn't mean that there is some scientific relevance to using Latin.

So what? Obama got the Nobel Peace Prize for being elected President. Both Stalin and Hitler were nominated for them, my opinion of those prizes has been watered down a bit.

Except that it's a hoax that is repeated over and over again by religious types, but always originates from the same source which has been shown to be a hoax. Here's an article from 2012 about it.

Chariot Wheels in the Red Sea Hoax Persists

I might not have a good explanation (can't be bothered to know how to debunk every story in this mythology book), but this website does.

Journeys with an Apostle

In other words he didn't exist or the accounts of his life are widely exaggerated (who woulda guessed...)

Sure I do, when you are writing your religious text about a guy who already lived, it is pretty easy to sculpt your prophesies to match the religious person you are writing about. As far as previous prophecies, well we all know how easy it is to attribute THEM to just about any event by altering the meaning of a word or two in the passage. I mean how else would crazies be saying that 9/11 was predicted by the bible?

I'd say that upon the birth of Jesus, when not every Jew alive then didn't believe in Jesus being their foretold messiah would be a good enough case to show that those predictions are flawed. I mean why would an all powerful God decree predictions that are hard to interpret or can cause people to see them the wrong way?

Really? This site says that that prophecy hasn't even occurred yet. So, maybe go reread that very book you treasure so much. Also it doesn't help that Israel likes to provoke all its neighbors. It's hard to be surprised that all those nations hate them...

Psalm 83 is a prophetic psalm written about 2,000 years ago, describing nations in the Middle East coming against Israel. This must certainly signify an event yet to come, as never before in history have the list of nations within this Psalm all joined together to attack Israel. Verse 4 could have come straight from the mouth of the rulers of the Middle East nations of today:

The future of Israel according to Bible prophecy

= = =

So we shall. You go ahead continue worshiping a despot who punishes you FOREVER for ignoring him your whole life regardless of how good or evil you were. I'm going to continue trying to be as good a person as possible and help my fellow man but not follow some words written by men far older than even the country I was born in.
edit on 2-12-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

Please prove the charriot wheels are a hoax as to my knowledge there are vested interests in making out they are but no proof to refute the finds made by Devout christians and Ron Wyatt, now lets let the other readers make up there own minds, here is the Youtube video from Ron Wyatt www.youtube.com...
And please show how these coral formations could form or the gold Veneer that is all that is left of a 18th dynasty period egyptian chariot wheel, Please direct us to the thorough research and field analysis that disproves it, otherwise tell us Why believe it is false as there seems to another totally genuine cult at work here, one that seeks to disproves the bible at all costs.
I think you must look at Mr Wyatt more extensively, he was not a liar or a charlatan but a man of faith, HE believed what he said but some of his later words sound quite mad (like any mystic) but not lies.
I personally take exception to the idiotic character assasins whom penned that site, were is there field research or there evidence also he died of cancer swearing to his dying breath this was truth, never made a penny from it in his life though after it can be argued there are interests whom are making money from it, but hey dont buy the dvd save up and go there yourself, preferrably with a time machine because there are as I pointed out interests whom seek to destroy and you might want to see what happened to the post holes he found near a skull like cliff form in a garden in jerusalem and how the NOT associated though using his name against his familys wishes foundation and the israeli authoritys bulldozed the site - now if there was nothing there why they hell bulldoze it, israel wants christians out of the holy land, and the NWO wants control
edit on 3-12-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

AND

Supported by Ancient Egyptian accounts as well.
I've said before, that I don't believe everything in the bible but that doesn't mean there are parts of the bible that are not historically accurate.

I can belief the existence of cities. Given the effort required to make paper, create ink, teach and pay people to write, find a safe storage place for scrolls, any information written down would have had to have some use.
I've always wondered whether the Hittites are the predecessors of the Roman Empire. They (The Hittites) just disappeared, and then suddenly the Romans appear, but in from a completely different direction and conquer Egypt. Some parts of the Arab lands are only 2 kilometers above flowing lava, so fire and brimstone destruction are quite possible.

People living 1000 years? For those people today who manage to avoid getting cancer, and are fortunate to die in their sleep, it's always because their heart muscle just wore out and just couldn't pump any more - leading to pneumonia (couldn't pump water away from the lungs) and organ failure. Muscle tissue is so important to the body that some genes are duplicated eight times. Other genes related to growth are duplicated a hundred times or more. So it would seem quite possible that 3000 years ago, more genes were dedicated to muscles and growth rather than digestion or the immune system.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

There was an interesting documentary on discovery some time ago, sorry I do not recall the name but it was about the hittite empire and the discovery of hatusha, apparently they actually fell from infighting, for generations they had a military code and would never slay another hittite but something happened and an argument about succession finally gave the death knell to there empire though Hatusha was apparently sacked from within then simply abandoned as it was actually a very impregnable and imposing fortress city, there language was related to english and german and shared much syntax and many words with these modern languages (not semitic as they were apparently indo european invaders) but they adopted the cuniform that traces its origins back to before Ninevah as did many empires including the babylonians and the persians (it was a phonetic script like our alphabet and not a heiroglyphic script so the symbols represented sounds and it could write any language), it took so long to break there indecipherable language because the scholers kept trying to relate it to semitic languages, the real mystery of them is that they appeared almost from nowhere and we do not know there history before this but they had IRON weapons that were devastating to the army of the empires they conquered whom had bronze which the iron sliced through, were did they develop it, what other now lost civilisation in europe or eurasia did they come from, but there is no obviouse link between them and the much later romans though undoubtedly there blood line as mixed into the people of the area of the middle east they lived in, the kurds though related to the ancient pheonicians are often born blond and blue eyed and they are beleived to be descendants of the philistines whom probably did have some mixed hittite ancestry.

The romans though are interesting as are the etruscans whom they were a mere city state of before the celts smashed the etruscan empire and rome built its first legions to take revenge for there humiliation.

The romans claimed that the art of road building and the arch had been taught to them by the ancients, now whom were the ancients?.

edit on 3-12-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Fantastic find.

I agree that a strategic military position is a major factor for the location.
The dates of the city in the article state 1200-1000bc, which is the time frame of Egypts decline shortly after Ramses II.
Ramses II built Pi-Ramesses in the NE corner of the Nile Delta.
Which again is a strategic milatary location, which suggests Egypt and whomever occupied the city in Libya knew to "keep your friends close and your enemies closer" before allegedly being said by Sun Tzu (400bc, but no solid evidence links the saying to Sun Tzu)

Also one theory has it that the Exodus was under Ramses II rule, during which they escaped the Pharoe and crossed the Sea of Reeds, where they would be very near to this city. Maybe the Israelites settled there on their journey, interesting possibilities.

There could be a whole wealth of finds from Egyptian, Assyrian, Libyan, Messopatamian cultures etc just waiting to be found in that one city.

So much was happening around the timeframe

The Middle East

Middle East 1500BC - 1000BC Great changes have wracked the Middle East over the past five centuries. The old powers of the ancient Middle East - Egypt, the Hittites, Assyria and Babylon - have all been devastated by invaders from outside their borders. The eclipse of these states has allowed new peoples, particularly the Phoenicians and Israelites, to come to the fore. Their achievements will have an enduring impact on world history. Three major advances in civilization have taken place in recent centuries. Firstly, iron has come into widespread use, probably starting somewhere in Asia Minor. Secondly, the alphabet has been developed, again probably in Asia Minor but soon to be spread by Phoenician merchants around the Mediterranean and Middle East. A third occurrence of world significance is the appearance of the monotheism, carried into history by the Israelite tribes.

Egypt

The Hittite Challenge A new and more dangerous phase began for Egypian foreign policy with the aggressive expansion of the kings of Hatti. This posed an increasing threat to the trade routes to Mesopotamia, and hence to Egyptian commercial/diplomatic interests in Syria, and even Palestine. It was the kings of the 19th dynasty that had to deal with this danger, above all one of the most famous kings in all Egyptian history, Ramesses II (c. 1279-1213). Ramesses led his army to battle against Hatti at the strategically sited city of Kaddesh, and won a famous victory there – or so he claimed in his account of the action inscribed on his temple in the Valley of the Kings. The battle came near to disaster for Ramesses, and probably ended as a draw. In the end the rise of another power, Assyria, convinced both Ramesses and Hattusili II of Hatti to come to terms, and in c. 1259 BC they agreed to divide Syria between them.

New Threats

By the end of the 19th dynasty (c. 1295-1186) a new threat was appearing from the west. Lybian tribes began migrating – which, given their military capabilities, effectively meant invading - into the Delta region from the western coastal desert. The Egyptians built a series of forts to control this nuisance, and under Merenptah (c. 1213-1203 BC) and Ramesses III (c. 1184-1153 BC) inflicted several defeats on them. In the time of Ramesses III, also, a new set of invaders, this time from the north, had to be dealt with. These were the “Sea Peoples”, an apparently diverse group of peoples, some of whom may well have been refugees from Asia Minor, where the Hatti state had recently been destroyed.

Timemaps Link

Add the Exodus into the time frame makes for intriguing possible new insights.
So the chances are good of finding a wide variety of different civilisations in one area.
A wonderful task for the archeaologists no doubt.
edit on 3-12-2013 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I guess when finding an ancient city, like this one, means that we can truly trace the religion known as Jewdum and realize that like the 10000 religions (being conservative) before it means little more that someone using a dogma to control even stupid people. Yes, a city was found and it's really really old. Wouldn't one expect to find and old city in Canine? Or Palestine or what ever the sand people called themselves before those people were there. The best historians have ever been able to figure out where the Jews emanated from was the "boat people" and even more so they were ordinary and just nomadic. Now, they have Nukes and the game is different. Now they actually claimed some land in a #ty part of the world and they need to stop getting help from the US and figure it out on their own.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join