It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bishop disguises himself as homeless man - welcomed by children, adults....not so much.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

David Musselman enlisted the help of a makeup artist to disguise himself as a worn out vagrant, with the disguise apparently working so well, not even Mr Musselman's family could tell it was him.

The bishop then headed to his church where he hung around outside waiting for his parishioners to arrive to see their reactions.

They were not good.

At least five people asked Mr Musselman to leave the church property, while some gave him money but most were simply indifferent.

"Many actually went out of their way to purposefully ignore me, and they wouldn't even make eye contact," he told the Deseret News.

"I'd approach them and say, 'Happy Thanksgiving.' Many of them I wouldn't ask for any food or any kind of money, and their inability to even acknowledge me being there was very surprising."

Mr Musselman said that the reaction that touched him the most was from children, whose eyes he said showed "they wanted to do more."

But the greatest reaction Mr Musselman got was when he eventually removed his glasses and beard to reveal himself.

"It had a shock value that I did not anticipate," he said.

"I really did not have any idea that the members of my ward would gasp as big as they did."

Ward member Jaimi Larsen was among those surprised it was her bishop. "I started feeling ashamed because I didn't say hello to this man ... He was dirty. He was crippled. He was old. He was mumbling to himself," she said.

Mr Musselman said that his goal was not embarrass his congregation or make them feel ashamed, but rather to remind them to be kind to people from all walks of life not just at the holidays, but all year long

news.ninemsn.com.au...

This is a social issue.

Our love for each other is waxing cold.

Hypocrisy, Propaganda magazines and TV, Hollywood, Political turmoil, no money for food and clothing, few jobs, mega rich v's starving children, government spying, religious [insert favourite diatribe].

Although highlighted in the land of the free, this is a global thing - I see it in many countries that I visit on a regular basis.

No politician on Gods green earth gives a fat rats cracker about fixing any of this sickness in our society.

It starts with you and me.

I hope you all enjoyed Thanksgiving food and warmth.

We are living in hell - Work, Buy, Consume, Die.

The End.

Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God - Mark 10:14

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
if the search on here were better, i'd be able to find the other 20 odd threads about this to link you to

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

wrong thread I don't know how this happened
edit on 29-11-2013 by ReVoLuTiOn76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Amazing story, I always feel bad when I walk past someone homeless, I try to at least say 'Sorry, I don't have anything to give you' since I feel people forget this is a human being, and if this human being was not homeless we would at least register a response to them.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

I like your thread. Contrary to many posting here on ATS, you show a genuine heart and concern for those in society that are hurt most by our completely corrupted civilization (if I even can use this word to describe what we currently have).

Perhaps we are experiencing a renaissance of the dark ages, now in a high-tech nightmarish feudal hell, with a tiny elite sucking the blood out of billions of serfs. You tell me?

In any case I liked you article and understand the shock this bishop must have had seeing the cruel hearts in his flock at close range.

edit on 30-11-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join