It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube: how to see most liked comments after update?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
As most of you are probably aware by now, YouTube recently updated their comments section and it has created quite a lot of controversy for many reasons. One thing I haven't noticed too many people complain about however is the apparent inability to view the most liked comments. In the past YouTube would display two of the most liked comments at the top of the comment section and then the rest of the comments below those, so it was quite easy to scroll down and see the most liked comments.

But now it's much more convoluted than that:

Comments you care about show first. You’ll see comments at the top of the list from people in your Google+ Circles, from creators, and from popular personalities. Comments with many likes and replies will rank highly as well. Choose Newest First to see the most recent comments instead.

support.google.com...

But if you're paying attention you will have noticed that the top comments don't necessarily have anything to with the number of likes the comment in question has received. In fact you'd be lucky to find a comment with more than a few dozen likes on the first page, which is obviously not how it should be. I've checked several videos which I know for a fact have many comments with several hundred likes, but they don't show up! So does anyone know how to make them show up?

As far as I can tell it's impossible to sort the comments by the number of likes alone, which is extremely frustrating and inconvenient when I just want to view the top rated comments. If you really wanted to show me the "comments I care about" Google, then you would allow me to sort the comments in that way. I watch many conspiracy related videos, and the top comments are often the most important and insightful... hiding them from view borders on suppression of information imo.
edit on 26/11/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

ChaoticOrder
hiding them from view borders on suppression of information imo.

That right there^^^ is what its all about.
Have you noticed many sites have now removed their comments section?
I think THEY are getting worried, more and more people are wising up to whats going on in the world.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

VoidHawk

ChaoticOrder
hiding them from view borders on suppression of information imo.

That right there^^^ is what its all about.

Unfortunately I have the feeling you are right... which I why I'm very concerned that this problem wont be fixed. I suspect we are going to be stuck with the crappy comment system for a long time.
edit on 26/11/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

join