It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How they got control: title

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
www.activistpost.com...

CONSEQUENTLY, in the interest of future world order, peace, and tranquility, it was decided to privately wage a quiet war against the American public with an ultimate objective of permanently shifting the natural and social energy (wealth) of the undisciplined and irresponsible many into the hands of the self-disciplined, responsible, and worthy few. [1] Energy Section [Emphasis added]

The quality of education given to the lower class must be of the poorest sort, so that the meat of ignorance isolating the the [sic] inferior class from the superior class is and remains incomprehensible to the inferior class. With such an initial handicap, even bright lower class individuals have little if any hope of extricating themselves from their assigned lot in life. This form of slavery is essential to maintaining some measure of social order, peace, and tranquility for the ruling upper class. [Emphasis added]

When a silent weapon is applied gradually to the public, the public adjusts/adapts to its presence and learns to tolerate its encroachment on their lives until the pressure (psychological via economic) becomes too great and they crack up.

Sometimes the Activist Post has some spot on articles and others that you just have to scratch your head over and go hummm.. This particular article brings up some interesting points which are more or less condensed into one article. I would not hang my hat on everything it says but "to me" there is just enough thought provoking material to make it a worth while read... Enjoy

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Sounds about right. It's called slowly boil the frog and it's been going on for as long as I can recall. Even back in the 60's American education was second rate.

When I think of the education this generation is getting it makes me shiver. The doubly bad part of it is the fact that all the information anyone would ever need is right at their fingertips.

Easier to watch reality TV I guess.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by 727Sky

Sounds about right. It's called slowly boil the frog and it's been going on for as long as I can recall. Even back in the 60's American education was second rate.

When I think of the education this generation is getting it makes me shiver. The doubly bad part of it is the fact that all the information anyone would ever need is right at their fingertips.

Easier to watch reality TV I guess.

America's secret weapon H1B Visa

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Exactly. The information is at our fingertips. So why do we even need school other than college? I think kids would learn more if we just left them (pretty much) to their own devices. A kid wants to build a rocket or learn to make and shoot a bow and arrow? These are things considered "fun" to kids and not "work". If we had one parent stay home like it used to be, that parent could supervise and guide them through all these fun "games" by assisting them with researching the internet, and after a short time, they will be doing all the research on their own and the parent will just be supervising.

The most amazing form of motivation (to learn) comes from the feeling one gets after achieving a goal from start to finish. When they see that rocket soaring to such heights, so will their eagerness to learn be soaring. Want to help mom or dad build a treehouse or some other cool fort? There will be a ton of learning about carpentry, engineering, mathematics, and all kinds of stuff along the way. That week or two of building something with your mom or dad will be worth a whole year of gradeschool because the kids will actually Want to see their project accomplished! And the bonding experience between parent and child? Irreplaceable. Kids turn to drugs and gangs at a young age because their parents are mostly absent as they are busy with "adult" stuff and most of the time they are struggling just to keep their head above water, financially.

So I guess my idea can't really work because people cannot afford to be parents to their children anymore.

Homeschooling would not be weird or antisocial if everyone was doing it. Social interaction does not need to be forced upon us by the government. Kids will willingly go to the park, skating rink, birthday parties, sleepovers, play sports together, etc. Maybe if you meet another parent who you get to know and trust, then you can occasionally let them teach your kid for the week, and vice versa, so the kids are together learning and discussing things. Maybe there could be a group of 10 kids that rotate between 5 groups of parents throughout the school year. Listen to me... "school year" pffft! Learning never has to end. Teaching goes hand in hand with PARENTING. It never truly ends not even at age 40+.

But as I was saying, it could be a good idea to switch around a little bit, since different people have had different experiences and learned different things! Maybe Stevens dad Joe from down the road is a cop, and he can teach them some things from his experience. Mayne Maggie's mother is a nurse. Maybe Henry's uncle is a nuclear scientist. Maybe Jack from across the street doesn't have any kids, but his experiences in the Army have taught him a lot of useful things. Maybe everyone goes out together on a camping trip and Jack teaches everyone, parents included, some handy survival skills!

School is a huge waste of time and besides who let's their children go away with a bunch of strangers for over 8 hours every weekday for 9 months out of the year from age 5 on up to adulthood? What kind of psychopath idea is that?? A lot of parents wont let their kid stay the night at their best friends house if they do not know the parent(s) very well. But at age 5 they put their kid on a bus and ship em off to some building after one single "open house/orientation" visit that lasts a few hours... And that's IF the parent can Afford to take time off work, find a sitter for the 2 year old, etc etc etc.

That's why I don't have kids because, unless I can afford thousands of dollars to get a teaching degree or find someone else who has,, the government WILL take your kids away from you for over 8 hours every weekday for 9 months out of the year from age 5 to 18. Cause if I tried to teach them myself, that would be a crime. That would ruin my kids life sooo much, that they would be much better off if I went to jail and they were put in a foster home and I never had any contact with them ever again.

That's how serious they are about making damn sure that your kid gets one of the worst educations in the world.

I mean...if our schools are rated so low compared to others, why is it such a goddamn serious law for them to be forced to go? If there's a LAW that says they HAVE to go, and you're going punish me for keeping them home...then they better be getting a decent education!! Or else what's the point in throwing people in jail over it?? The kids would actually probably be better of growing up on the street without any parents or teachers... Hell the way things are now they would be better off being raised by a pack of wolves!
edit on 11/27/2013 by 3n19m470 because: nevermind!

top topics

join