It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just an Idea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 06:44 PM
link   
this is just one of those crack pot theorys i came up with while i was lying in bed last night watching Flashes of light out the window of my room.
As far as i can tell the only limitless energy source is the sun, it provides us with warmth and everything else, I have heard scientests say that they are harnessing the power of the sun to make energy e.g. solar power. But i have a different idea. and this is it (i know it needs work).

Light is a constant energy, it feeds it self while traveling enourmous distances, instead of going in the direction of solar power imagine going in the direction of a light alternator, where light is the energy, not solar rays but actual light, i have probibly just blown a circut in my brain but to me, using light for an energy source is a perfect idea, with light as our 'fossel fuel' we could reach unheard of speeds in space travel, maybe not the speed of light, but pretty damn close.

I have no idea how im gona do it, but damn i am gona work on this and try and figure out a mathimatical equation to get this pet progect to work.

Goy

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
sounds interesting. Good luck with that.

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This might help you out.

Zero Point Energy (check it out on google, loads of stuff on it)

users.erols.com...

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I don't see how this would work, are you meaning a "perpetual motion machine" actually that's all I can seem to think you mean.

Light is energy, it's "photons" which behave as waves one way, as particles another...it has a given measureable value of energy.

So do you mean to say to covert that light directly from light into an electron?

I doubt it's actually feasable the current way we get energy from light is of course using the properties of metals that shed electrons when a certain wavelength of light hits it.

So I would think it'd be more productive to find a way to produce a light wavelength that could maximize e- output than to find away to get energy directly from the light itself.

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Well, you have to have a light source, first.

And the amount of light put out is just a bit less than the amount needed to generate it.

new topics

top topics

join