It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we living in the most oppressive times ever ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Let me try to explain why I`m asking this (sorry for my bad english)...

I`m convinced this is due to the New World Order agenda.

Never in the past, not even in the feudal middle ages we have seen such limitating measures to the human being.

I`m not talking about general society rules nor taxes, I`m talking about the basic human being rights, such as a free place to live and grow your food if you want to and free water to drink.

Regulamentations are becoming insane and we won`t even be free to take water from nature when/if we are thirsty without being punished if we don`t pay for it to the "masters" of this world.

Our basic rights as human beings have never been questioned so much as it is now.....and getting worse and worse.

Living in na ECC country I`ve never been so schocked with the way they are making regulamentations on seeds, water, houses and all kind of things that have to do with the BASIC RIGHTS of human beings.

We do need a revolution from the people, otherwise we`ll become slaves that work for a bed and a portion of water and food.

This will be the true Zombie Appocalypse.
edit on 24-11-2013 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

Massive bloodshed is coming,

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
When they try to control the water and the food supply, you know there is trouble ahead.

The so called free World is becoming more oppressive, but still has a way to go to beat living in Communist bloc countries in the 1950's onwards. Still, give it time and we could be praying to live in those times.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I am sorry but this shows a complete lack of human history. You should at least know European history where farmers starved because of whatever army of the week was passing through and would take everything even if they were suppose to be on the same side. And that is just one tiny example.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
What is worse now than ever are the mechanisms of control and surveillance.
They have never had a larger or better tool kit with which to control whoever they choose to.
Life in Western countries is better than ever for those with the money to afford full participation.
There lies the rub.

I like new words and think we need to update our vocabulary constantly to truly describe the times we live in.
Regulamentation combines Regulation with Lamentation (sorrow).
Brilliant my man, simply brilliant.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Ok, I`m going to make a correction: If we don`t do nothing now, we`ll soon be living the most oppressive times ever.

The true Zombie Appocalyse is when we become the slaves of the New World Order and I believe this will be the most supressive society ever.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

CosmicDude
reply to post by MrSpad

Ok, I`m going to make a correction: If we don`t do nothing now, we`ll soon be living the most oppressive times ever.

The true Zombie Appocalyse is when we become the slaves of the New World Order and I believe this will be the most supressive society ever.

Yes, great thread and great word Regulamentaion.
I think we are truly on the cusp of the demise of freedom. I think freedom in the real sense of the word is facing extinction, unless we actively take back our god given rights as free individuals then it really is doom for the vast majority of mankind.
I used to joke that we would soon have "air meters" on our throats, I dont find that joke funny anymore.
The tools of oppression are far more powerful and pervasive than they have ever been, this only tells us one thing.
OUR ENSLAVEMENT IS INEVITABLE, unless we stop it while we still can. Instead of being so damn apathetic and waiting for a saviour to come and save the day so we dont have to.
edit on 201311America/Chicago11am11amSun, 24 Nov 2013 08:14:28 -06001113 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Asktheanimals
What is worse now than ever are the mechanisms of control and surveillance.
They have never had a larger or better tool kit with which to control whoever they choose to.

I think you're entirely right here. We don't live in oppression or any form of Police State right now, and as someone else noted, a profound lack of knowledge in history is all that explains some who do see what isn't there yet.

You hit the giant "but" in the middle of that though, eh? We don't live in a Police State, but the framework to turn what we have into one has been quietly built around us for 10+ years now. I imagine we're only a hard week's work from most of the 'framework' being deployed into full reality. That's the scary part... Not what is, but what now COULD be in so little time, we wouldn't fully appreciate what had happened until it was far too late to change anything.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

When I first started to read your thread I thought you might be wrong because I am a woman that can work, vote and freely own a cauldron or three.

However I can't get out of the system to live freely and wild in my country because every last square inch of it is claimed. Even the areas owned by the people have many regulations and laws attached that you could never live on them. I would love to be self sufficient but there is no-where I can legally go. I would be arrested, sectioned, or both, defeating the objective of seeking freedom.

Most houses today are built without chimneys so we cannot go out and get our own fuel. I cannot pick or grow my own medication, wildflower laws and whatnot.

As long as there is human nature there will always be oppression.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Yes to all the above
...Maybe I exagerated a litle in my 1st post about the NOW moment, but, looking at the past and taking in consideration what I see, read and feel it`s happening now, it`s like I "travel" into a near and much oppressive/supressive future.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Yes.

On the other hand, when we were free we had no ovens, TVs, central heating, iPads, computers, cars, clocks, vacuum cleaners, kettles .........

We had all the food we could catch and collect and there was no-one to tell us what to do. But damn, those caves got drafty in winter!

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
the whole problem of being that free is that people, being who they are, have shown in the past that they can be extremely destructive to the point of harming others who are innocent. regulations, rules, and laws have to be put in place to protect others and their freedoms. it's a balancing act, which requires a great deal of knowledge as well as wisdom. making claims of lost freedom in such a hyperbolic way, does not lend itself to compromise, only to greater division, which in itself, is also destructive to the very freedoms people desire.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

CosmicDude
Yes to all the above
...Maybe I exagerated a litle in my 1st post about the NOW moment, but, looking at the past and taking in consideration what I see, read and feel it`s happening now, it`s like I "travel" into a near and much oppressive/supressive future.

so...in specific and detailed terms, what freedoms are you being denied?....and have you examined the reasons for the denial of those freedoms through historic context?

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

If one takes all you mentioned in your OP into context with the realities we all know in other areas and nations, the picture is indeed more than clear; an effort is being made by the power-elite to subjugate the human race under a single body of rule and in such a way as to leave the average human being less an individual and more a piece of a robotic, hive mind.

Of course, due to the fact that people around the world have been purposely indoctrinated to numerous political polarizations, we are allowing all of this to occur before our very eyes without making much effort to call it what it is and make any concerted effort to stop its progress. In a nutshell, we have been branded... and we are now blissfully and willingly owned.

There are still a few hurdles that this so-called New World Order must negotiate before it can install itself, in the open and in the full but, we have reached a point where there is little chance that it will fail. It's just a matter of time.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Please don`t misunderstand me. I`m not against progress nor the general society rules and taxes that must exist.

The problem is our rulers are trying to go further by privatizing water, seeds and impose higher taxes on people`s homes and this the basic human rights. These are things that should ALWAYS and TOTALLY be FREE, no matter what. If things continue this way, they`ll be able to control our existence, that`s all.

20 or even 10 years ago we had progress, taxes and rules and that was fine but now they are trying to take you your basics as an human being - HUMAN RIGHTS

If "they" can control water, seeds/food, land, they can control you and I see this happen in a near future if people do nothing about it.

edit on 24-11-2013 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Exactly !

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

MrSpad
I am sorry but this shows a complete lack of human history. You should at least know European history where farmers starved because of whatever army of the week was passing through and would take everything even if they were suppose to be on the same side. And that is just one tiny example.

happening everyday through tax seizures of property that had been PAID for.

And today, if one does not like living under the rule of the town/kingdom they could leave. Strike out on their own and find a little piece of land somewhere far off. (few hundred miles). They would never be seen/heard of again.

Today, everything is under OWNERSHIP/CONTROL of some govt. There is NO OPT OUT anymore.. No "man, F this, My family is outta here"

this is the theme song of the ELITES... this is how I feel

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

These are signs from bible prophecy and let me also warn that Tribulation is fast approaching.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

MrSpad

This shows a lack of appreciation for the evolution of oppression. Of course the methods shift as the population becomes more sophisticated, but the goal/outcome is the same.

There are still farmers/people starving because the military budget to defend the people being starved is considered more important. Not all farmers starved at once then just as not all being "protected" starve at once now either. There is no fundamental difference if the army/government/empire has to take it in person, or via taxes/inflation. As you said... that is just one example.

People read history and project it like a movie... where all the dull parts are edited out and a flat hyper version is "sensed". Movies in particular have dramatically altered people's ability to sense beyond the supposed "key events" which usually are just symptoms of the more subtle activity going on.

People have no clue what it was like to actually live day to day in Rome or Germany as they transitioned into tyrannies. Well they do... they are living it now... but our sensation of history is so far removed from the actual LIVED history that we can't recognize when we're in the same spot.

That's why we keep repeating it... because we continue to fail to connect the condensed stories of our past that take the events and turn them into simple concepts... with the murky/shifting experience of the present.

The oppression of the mind is the clear glory hound of today though... all the more powerful because a mind that has never experienced anything else is incapable of perceiving it could be any other way.

If someone has only lived in rooms with colors yellow and below... they won't be able to ask for blue. Only a small minority will think to ask if there is anything beyond... to be promptly told no and punished if they keep asking such stupid questions.
edit on 24-11-2013 by BardingTheBard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I live in a town, and where I live I do not have close access to a river, nor do I have the money, time, and equipment to purify the water if I took it from a river. so, I rely on a "water company" and government (for oversite) to provide clean water directly into my house and I pay a fee for that. I have not lost any freedoms from this...I eat a variety of foods, that I cannot grow locally or in an abundance for the whole year, so I rely on companies and government (for oversite) to provide me with a central place to go and buy safe, varietal foods year around. I have not lost any freedoms from this. to "live off of the land" is extremely difficult, and would consume most of each and ever day of your life.
as far as a one world government, the argument can be made if we are to move into the next phase of human development, how are we to do it without combining the various divisive "tribes" around the world into a more cohesive, and cooperative group?.... but, I am not naïve enough to think this will happen anytime soon, it should be something to work toward, and NOT something to shun.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join