It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POOKTREE

page: 1

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Have you heard of this before ? ... Sorry if yes, but this is new to me and I find it amazing and very nice.

POOKTREE is a tree shaping process that makes trees grow along predetermined designs...

pooktre.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

That's the coolest thing I have seen in a long time. Excellent find!
I'm off to the site to learn how it's done.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
How special is that! Someone has a special gift and the rest of us are more than thrilled to discover the fruit of their labour. Thanks so much for sharing. I just love it.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

That's amazing! Great find.

I could really have some fun with that.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Ive never seen anything like that.

Great thread!!

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Maybe that also explains "the crooked forest"

Crooked forest of Poland. Wiki

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Interesting find!

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I wonder, has there ever been an entire house built in this way?

Any idea anyone?

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
There is a lot more if you Google for pooktree images

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Whoa that is amazing!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing! Some people are so creative.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Does anyone know if the trees suffer going thru this procedure?

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

That`s a good question and aso the reason I didn`t call it beautiful, just nice. They say this process is harmful to the tree and I do hope so.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I don't know..., my heart tells me this is wrong. Mother Nature doesn't like it neither for sure.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

There is an amusement park in Gilroy, CA that has a bunch of "circus trees" created by Axel Erlandson

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Trueman

No, the natural behavior of growing trees and leaves is to head towards the sunlight. Also, if there are any obstacles in the way of an expanding/growing trunk or branch, the tree just grows around them. So by restricting the growth of the tree in places, you can force it to branch, bend, twist or combine together again.

The only thing that matters is that enough water gets from the roots to the leaves.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

stormcell

Trueman

No, the natural behavior of growing trees and leaves is to head towards the sunlight. Also, if there are any obstacles in the way of an expanding/growing trunk or branch, the tree just grows around them. So by restricting the growth of the tree in places, you can force it to branch, bend, twist or combine together again.

The only thing that matters is that enough water gets from the roots to the leaves.

Allow me to insist..., if it wasn't enough to deal with natural restrictions, trees need to accept the manmade ones. It's ok because no tree complained yet.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

But we would first need to identify if trees can actually feel pain.

I don't think trees can feel pain like we do, because they don't have a nervous system. However, to be fair, a tree will react to a branch being cut off by healing itself. It will perceive this branch being cut off and act upon it.

Does that mean they are in agony? I don't think so, those trees look in better shape then the ones in front of my house.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
We should probably burn them all down.
I'm sure Montesanano must have something to do with this.
Its not natural, so you can't enjoy it.
Burn em burn em...their GMO!!!!

Now that I've gotten that off my chest....
AWESOME!!!!!!!

X

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Trueman

stormcell

Trueman

Allow me to insist..., if it wasn't enough to deal with natural restrictions, trees need to accept the manmade ones. It's ok because no tree complained yet.

Yeah, I once had a friend of the family with this big old garden in her backyard that was featured in a magazine once, and she had special gardeners parties with her friends. It was huge with walkways through it, and a bench in the far back as a place to rest and enjoy the beauty...

...ay least, I thought it was beauty, until I was offered some good pay to do some work in this garden of horrors... I now refer to it as a torture dungeon... You wouldnt believe the stuff I saw... She had inserted poles into the ground so her beans or vines or whatever would grow up it...a HUMAN obstruction! Sickening!! She wanted it to produce more beans or look pleasing to the HUMAN eye, instead of letting it grow in a pile on the dirt as nature intended!

I saw smaller trees with this sickening network of poles in the dirt around it with string wrapped around the tree and attached to these poles so the tree would be able to support more branches until it got big enough or some gross twisted plans she had for those trees...

One day, I was walking by, and I didn't want to stay long to make sure of what I was seeing, but I SWEAR I saw her out ofthe corner of my eye and she had this torture device in her hands and she was using it to- excuse me while I fight back the vomit... She was AMPUTATING limb after limb from her tomato plants...and when noticed me walking by she didn't even try to hide it!!! No! She actually looked at me and SMILED...almost as if to say "ah what a lovely day we are having here! What a nice time we are having here in the torture dungeon!"

I asked her about what she was doing to the tomato plants, just to make sure I wasn't just seeing things, and she said it was some kind of method to make her tomatoes bigger, or some kind of hocus pocus witchcraft... I dunno, I have never been into the occult or devil worship so I'm not familiar with their sacrifice rituals and whatnot....

The last straw was when she asked me to do this one dastardly act she nonchalantly called "pulling weeds" where I was supposed to rip these harmless green plants out of the ground because she said they were "chocking" her flowers or some other occult nonsense...

So I got outta there, quick... And as I was leaving I saw something I really wish I hadn't... Her husband walked right out into their front hard, ripped an apple off their apple tree, completely decapitating it as he severed its only link to its lifesource, and he didn't even wait until it was all dead and gross and moldy...no, he ATE IT WHILE IT WAS STILL ALIVE!!! He didn't seem to even think twice about whether the plant suffered...

All those human obstructions and sickening torture strings and poles and lattices... Ugh! Why can't people just learn to leave nature alone. Don't touch it, don't eat it, don't even look at it!

Ever since that day I swore off eating any type of plant life. Animals only from that day... Until it occured to me that maybe, just maybe, animals can feel pain just like plants do. Well, needless to say, it was a chance I was not willing to take. So I swore of eating all animal and vegetable. I switched to mineral. Oh yeah, man. You go suck on a rock for a.good hour or so, and you're good for the day. But lately I've been wondering...does that rock feel pain? I mean, it IS nature right? Maybe that rock I picked up should have been left there where nature intended. Maybe it suffered because of the human obstruction that stopped it from its true pathway of eroding into nothingness, just like every plant and animal would eventually do if we did not stop it from doing so.

I guess when it comes down to it, humans should just eat nothing. Don't even drink water because you know there are little things swimming in it that deserve to live their lives as nature intended... So, humans should just die off. We should just eat nothing. It's ok for animals because they are just a part of nature, doing what nature intended. But humans, we are totally different than an animal! See, animals have stomachs, and taste buds, from nature! It's obvious they have to eat. Humans probably just stole their stomachs and teeth from mother nature! A pack of wolves can tear a chicken to shreds, eating it while it still lives...and that's fine because that's just nature doin its thing. but a man eating an apple...or putting obstructions in front of a tree to make it grow a certain way...that's just SICK!!!

These people seem to think we are a part of the animal kingdom and therefore, a part of nature, as if we get to be a part of the circle of life! As if our bodies will somehow be put back in the earth and reduced to mulch over the years and somehow contribute to the soil content. No! We don't get to be a part of that circle of life..I bet if you cut us open there would be machines and wires inside us, thats how not a part of nature we are!

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

TrueBrit

I wonder, has there ever been an entire house built in this way?

Any idea anyone?

TED: Don't build your home, grow it!
I love this idea!
To live in a small town where all houses are built with the help of living trees, would be soo awesome! The people living in such a house must create a strong connection to the trees that makes up their home.

new topics

top topics

join