It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal government setting up DNA checkpoints in 30 cities across America.

page: 1

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
IMHO, the title of the video isn't accurate.

These are not "contractors". According do the news report, these illegal checkpoints are being run by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration or NHTSA.

Who?

Exactly.

This group has traditionally been involved with consumer complaints in regards to defective vehicles or "vehicle safety".

And now they're collecting our DNA...

I think theres a few things that should be noted here.

First, I think its safe to conclude that the government wants our DNA. These DNA checkpoints are popping up all over the place. Why? Anyone's guess. Most likely so they can build a biometric database of every US citizen.

Second, the federal government is making a point of incrementally encroaching on state's rights. First it was the DHS, then more specifically FEMA, then the TSA, now its the NHTSA...

Finally, how long before these DNA checkpoints are no longer "voluntary"?

Furthermore in the video, they state "civil rights attorney Frank Colosi questions whether such stops are Constitutional".

He didnt "question" anything. He blatantly said in no uncertain terms that "you cant just be pulled over randomly or for no reason"...
edit on 23-11-2013 by gladtobehere because: spelling

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Ok,so this so called government agency has people posing as law enforcement, (I assume because the police knew nothing of it),and stopping motorists offering payment for exchange of DNA? First red flag is cops wouldn't ask for that without cause,nor offer payment. Motorists beware. Secondly,whoever this latest alphabet agency is must be getting funded to do this. Not just the manpower,but offering cash in trade. Not real smart on the governments part to do a stunt like this in public. So many covert ways to get DNA info. If this is simply a way to keep drunk drivers off the road,it's overkill.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I don't know what to belive. We need to stand up as a species/people. Where is this all heading? Police state, or something worse? When we started to fear government, that was the beginning of the end. It was never supposed to be this way. Somethings got to give. Maby "civilization" needs to be wiped clean again. A huge change is afoot. On some level I think everyone can feel it. Some are less sensitive, other feel it as soon as they wake. Its like a kind of anxiety, but on a larger scale.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I used to live there, back in June I left. I know exactly where she was driving.. I'm so glad I left.

I used to drive on beach all the time to go to the store -_-
edit on 23-11-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I can't get the video to load. Does it specify which cities?

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I might suggest this is happening simply because they can.

There are countless companies who have "DNA" this or "blood analysis" that and are looking to get their bit of nonsense used by anyone. They can go to the city, state, feds and simply take five minutes with any official and get a contract, voila'.

When you buy a tank, a gun, a bomb, you want to use it. When you buy a license plate recognition system you want to use it, when you get a contract to collect blood you want to use it. These people are not necessary smart enough to be sinister, but they are childish enough to see "oh, neat tech, lets use it."

Where it all goes after the kids get through playing? I don't think they think that far and that's the trouble. What does it mean for us "free" people, I don't think they either care or have the capacity to understand. Folks who do this never, ever, ever think, "gee, what if it was me getting this treatment?" If they do, they quickly remove all concern by saying, "it's for the children and their safety."

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Wow, it sounds completely illegal and against the 4th amendment of our constitution. If I was that lady, I would be mad as hell! She needs to find a good lawyer and hopefully this video goes viral. Pressure needs to be placed on government agencies that engage in this type of random search.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

For those who have a dial-up connection etc. here is a good article about this threads topic.

Link: www.policestateusa.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
This is how the NHTSA justifies having uniformed police officers at the road blocks.

Participation is voluntary. All data is anonymous.

If you're doing roadblocks and asking people to stop, you have to have the deputies there to make sure everything is safe. It's not about detaining anybody, because the survey is voluntary and anonymous. It's about making sure the traffic is safe in that area.

Source

How many people do you think would pull over if there was sign stating "Voluntary Check Point" ... not many.

This is some sneaky BS.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
in conspiracy terms, I say, preparations for modern Noa's Ark.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Yep....it's happening, and right in my own back yard. When I heard this on a local talk radio show I got so mad I was punching the steering wheel. You see it was a "voluntary" deal, being run by off duty police, contracted by the NTHSA, using their police cars to stop cars, which stopping was not at all voluntary, and they made a point not to readily inform the people stopped it was voluntary. And the fact that most of all stopped submitted to the DNA testing is what made me maddest. No one it seems has the cojones to simply state "no thank you, I do not submit to illegal search and seizure which is my fourth amendment right". Then leave. And if further detained God forbid, clam up, demand Mirandizing, and wait for a lawyer.
www.nbcdfw.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Seriously???? OMG America, what is happening out there????

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I wonder how are the results anonymous if they are
paying up to 60 bucks a pop?

They have a cash register there, are paying cash?
They write checks on the spot and keep no records?
They mail a check and have no name or address?

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Wonder what cities they are meaning. As far as I know that may be illegal also in my state as sobriety checks deemed are unconstitutional and illegal.

The states in which sobriety checkpoints are illegal are Alaska, Idaho, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Rhode Island, Texas, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
Source

ETA:
How voluntary is it if you are pulled over for it? Most might be confused or scared and give into the test as the lady displayed.
edit on 24-11-2013 by dreamingawake because: more

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

burntheships
I wonder how are the results anonymous if they are
paying up to 60 bucks a pop?

They have a cash register there, are paying cash?
They write checks on the spot and keep no records?
They mail a check and have no name or address?

Where do you think that money comes from?

This is a truly odd thing to be doing.

"excuse me sir, do you know how fast you were going?"
me - "yes, the speed limit"
"yep you are right, now can i have some DNA please?"

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
"You ran over an officer at our voluntary DNA stop!"
"No your honor, I was testing the soft bumpers on my car and the officer volunteered by standing in my path of progress "

Volunteerism, it isn't what it used to be in this country.
Knowing me I would find out just how "voluntary" this was by driving right through.
We need to draw the line here folks.
Consequences be damned.
Consenting to this is only going to make things worse.

In 20,000 leagues under the sea the Nautilus can electrify it's exterior to fight off sea monsters,
any chance I can rig my Prius up in similar fashion?

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Biigs

Where do you think that money comes from?

The funds must be coming from The Feds,
this is obvious IMO.

And yes, while it seems 'scary' more than odd,
it is a pattern; we are living Orwell's 1984
with a Brave New World twist.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Asktheanimals
In 20,000 leagues under the sea the Nautilus can electrify it's exterior to fight off sea monsters,
any chance I can rig my Prius up in similar fashion?

There's always this

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Get ready folks cuz filing and paying income tax is supposedly voluntary too but see what happens when you refuse. Stopping at red lights is voluntary but there are consequences if you don't.
I haven't seen it happening yet in my state but I won't be complying if/when it comes here.

top topics

join