It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton New Secretary-General Of The UN

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I thought there was also a WRITTEN rule that said no leader
(president/prime minister/king) of any country could move on
to be head of the United Nations.

I couldn't find any record of this; the closest is this, from www.pbs.org... :

According to the officials who were drawing up plans for the UN during World War II, the Secretary-General should be young and have diplomatic or political experience. Most importantly, the Secretary-General should know "when to force an issue and be dynamic" or when to "be content as purely administrative official; and when on a middle course be a moderator...."

In reality, when it comes time to appoint a Secretary-General, it is purely a political decision. During the Cold War, qualifications and leadership qualities came second to the U.S. and Soviet Union being able to agree on a nomination. These days, the most important factor is whether the permanent members of the Security Council, especially the U.S., will back the candidate. It's been said that when looking for a Secretary-General, some of the permanent members look for someone who will be "more secretary than a general."

One quality shared by past Secretaries-General is that they have all been career diplomats for their own countries. Kofi Annan is the first Secretary-General who has risen through the ranks of the United Nations.

I saw him at the opening of his library. He looked tired, old, and uninterested.

Be charitable, FlyersFan -- he looked okay for someone who just had major surgery. But when did his hair turn completely white?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Ms. Otts, I love your tags (signature, etc.)!

"Fan of Pissed-Off Wiccans" or FOPOW seems an anglicization of "faux pas"; I hope I am not committing a faux pas by mentioning it.

And your canon about being canadian, french, liberal and asking us to deal with it is certainly an interesting one; but I somehow doubt that such "canon" was the one referred to by our gallant chevalier Frontenac....

Plus �a change, plus c�est la m�me chose.

[edit on 22-11-2004 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The more that things change...
...someone might get a surprise...

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Bubba getting the UN SG slot would be red meat for a lot of people.

The left would see it as a chance to combat the policies of a right-dominated U.S. Government.

The right would see it as another chance to kick the U.N. in the teeth and call it irrelevant.

The U.S.-haters and al Qaeda-sympathizers around the world would see it as just another sign of global oppression.

The conspiracy theorists would rave about the Illuminati seizing control of the United Nations.

It would be one hell of a way to upstage the new republican government in the U.S., fresh off of elections.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Actually, instead of Bill Clinton to head the U.N. - I'd rather just
dismantle the corrupt cesspool altogether. Save our tax money.

Do we other countries get a say in this? Or has the United States decided it for all of us? After all, if the UN dies, we all know who gets to call the shots...

Nope, the UN is a good thing, if only to keep the U.S. from assuming complete world domination.

I say put a reformer at the UN. But keep it.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
The more that things change...
...someone might get a surprise...

Originally posted by Otts
By the way... only my ava is female. I'm male.

I knew it. I kind of suspected it for a while, and when you won your WATS you fell off your chair ("HIS chair")...

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Hellmutt - um, yep, I did fall off my chair. In fact, my arse still hurts from it

I was getting comments like "You're a very wise woman, Otts" (from posters who like me) or "I'm leaving. Have a nice day, Madam" (from those who don't).

At some point I'll change my ava if I get bored. What can I say, Alyson Hannigan as a pissed-off witch appeals to me.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Ok, is the Kofi done yet?
I made this thread in November last year.
Is it still a possible scenario you think?

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I think his recent heart problems have thrown a wrench into his plans for world domination.

But it could still happen...wow, I can't believe the nightmarish NWO possibilities with Bill at the UN and Hill in the White House....

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Good thread

If Clinton does become the Secretary General of the UN, the NWO conspiracy crowd will be running around with their arms in the air claiming the NWO would be coming...

i wouldnt blame them either

top topics

<< 1   >>

join